QUIT TALKING!

yeah Sequoya i think it was y'all that gave me the idea,,

works everytime

no flaws

and i don't think it is a dumb rule it just comes of as a silly rule

i like the rule just cant believe that some cant follow it

i will admit sometimes i use to be looking down and accidentally talk answering a question or sum shit...not anymore though i have fixed that flaw (gotta smoke in the bathroom now)( got the baby now) :o8)::)

and yeah i was always the poor s.o.b. to get booted in socom 2

haven't experienced it much from combined assault but I'm sure it happens to people all the time

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KingJunk

Yes I said the rule is stupid and thats my opinion but I do RESPECT ALL THE RULES and FOLLOW them! I never stated we could NOT do it or it was hard to do because we came up with our OWN plan to prevent talking during the countdown it's called the "Don't Talk In The Lobby Rule" and in UF wars we will NO Longer talk in the war rooms because we don't want a round lost for us because that changes the whole outcome of the war and how you play the map if you are going into a war a round up or a round down.

I have got some good points from this thread and I understand more on why its in place I guess what I am trying to say is I think the penalty is too Firm I guess I dunno but I do know that it wont happen to us again!

Johnson30 ]

The penalty is not too firm. We use the same rule in odc. NO ONE talks in lobby but rep or leader. NO ONE Greens up until rep does. We have no problems here.  Our war with [PLS] last night was great! Very honarable clan. Thanks again PLS.

This is the same rule we use in *S*, most of the time it will be me and maybe one other TC that have talked in the war rooms. All of our shooters no the rules and abide by them. I have been with UF since the first one in a different clan with Sniper. No one in the past has made comments regarding the rules, not to mention these rules were up for all to read prior to any clan being invited to the tournament. If you didn't think the rules were a good thing or something that was to strict, why did you join? I know of all the clans I have played with in UF wars in the past the mic was something that was left open for important information to be passed to either our own clan, or any other rule violations that we need the other clan to know about. If the mics are open then there should be no one talking when the countdown starts. The last word you will here from any *S* member will be "green up on me"

Wick

Guest [odc]..GhostDawg..

I like KingJunk. He doesn't agree with the rule, but follows true to it, even accepting a penalty levied against his clan - although it was difficult to prove (at the time).

It speaks well about his and his clans Integrity.

I believe that Johnson30 may have alluded to a possibility. That there may be those who would try to take advantage of this just so they can be 1 up in a match - only because it's difficult to prove. It's probably not a clan tactic - but an individuals attempt to give their clan an edge.

So, to these individuals........

All of this isn't only about a "Rule". It's also about your clans Integrity, your clans Reputation.

If bending the rules to get the win is more important than your clans Integrity and Reputation - do us all a favor.

Just leave.

Guest KingJunk
..GhostDawg.. ]

I like KingJunk. He doesn't agree with the rule, but follows true to it, even accepting a penalty levied against his clan - although it was difficult to prove (at the time).

It speaks well about his and his clans Integrity.

I believe that Johnson30 may have alluded to a possibility. That there may be those who would try to take advantage of this just so they can be 1 up in a match - only because it's difficult to prove. It's probably not a clan tactic - but an individuals attempt to give their clan an edge.

So, to these individuals........

All of this isn't only about a "Rule". It's also about your clans Integrity, your clans Reputation.

If bending the rules to get the win is more important than your clans Integrity and Reputation - do us all a favor.

Just leave.

Ahhhhhhhhh Finally somebody who understands me!

Thank You Sir!

IT IS A RULE. It isn't about integrity or honor it is a damn rule. Just follow it and let the drama subside. Everyone complains about these rules.Well if you don't like it then tough, the tournament admins invited you not the other way around. I do not see the point in questioning or claiming they don't agree with it. TOW has made it clear that the admins are tired of putting up with this petty stupid bullshit.

Face it, it is a rule and if your clan can't follow the rules they will be penalized whether it is a rule that can be, beyond a reasonable doubt, be proved. Just leave it...DAMN

LOL this rule seems to bring up more problems than any other rule. It is amazing that people just can't do it for 10 seconds. We at 101 don't have this problem because it is drilled in their head from the beginning of UF. I do have to say that since I have gotten an PS3 and the new controller that L2 is very sensitive and I have caught myself sitting my controller on my lap and the button activating the mic so I pay more attention during the UF wars because I don't want that to happen.

The rule can't be proven. You can't prove who did it unless all members in the room are recording and you can show that each member did not hit the mic. But whether it can or can't be proven it is a rule in UF and it should not be broken. It is simple just hold your finger off of the L2 button.

One suggestion that the admins might consider thinking about is absolutely nothing after say 8 seconds or even 7 seconds. That would give people a chance to lay off the mic just in case the count down starts as someone IS talking.

Still a rule and not hard to keep from breaking but that was just a suggestion.

-Tha_Savage- ]

QUICK!!!! Someone give Red a DVD with college football on it.......that might calm him down....LOL I got the Notre Dame OSU game from the Fiesta Bowl 2 years ago if that will help bro....IM HERE FOR YOU!

I got the DVD from last years Fiesta Bowl.. BSU vs OU (Great fuking game..!)

Chili-Palmer ]
-Tha_Savage- ]

QUICK!!!! Someone give Red a DVD with college football on it.......that might calm him down....LOL I got the Notre Dame OSU game from the Fiesta Bowl 2 years ago if that will help bro....IM HERE FOR YOU!

I got the DVD from last years Fiesta Bowl.. BSU vs OU (Great fuking game..!)

Yes by far the most exciting game I have ever watched.

-Tha_Savage- ]

Oh God. Savage, you just HAD to dig up bad memories. I had JUST gotten over that game (AKA forgot all about it lol) and you have to go and bring it back. (I'm an ND student, obviously)

H.A.V.0.C ]

I'm just amazed that this has gone on for 3 pages now, its the RULES! DON'T DO IT! It's as simple as that. No more No less....Nuff said.

The Great HAVOC has spoken C[||] LOCKED

I just couldn't resist!!! We all know it is a rule and most people follow it but there are some that can't resist talking. Quite often I have seen that a player from clan "A" says good luck, then he greens up starting the countdown and the guy from clan "B" says good luck and badaa boom bada bing....1 Round for Clan "A"

What I suggest is a UF protocol for getting the war started. Clan "A" makes the room for the war. When everyone is in there and the reps are done talking, Clan "A" rep says to clan "B" rep "Clan "B"  "Are you ready to begin?" Clan "B" answers then greens up on their rep. Clan "A" then says "Lets Begin and Good Luck!!" Clan A Greens up on Rep...tada..no more talking!!!

Disclaimer: The use of Clan "A" and Clan "B" are fictional. Any resemblance to any real clan is purely coincedental!!!  ;D