I was thinking about SOCOM...

And I realized something I miss from the old SOCOMs.

And that is the tall grass, weeds, shruberry, etc. There is not one map in the game where you can go prone out in the open and not be seen. It might be me but people always stand out, like they glow a little bit. It kind of reminds me of Call of Duty. I haven't seen one "good spot" where you aren't hiding behind something.

Anyways, this is coming from a guy who rushes. I just miss being able to hide in the grass in Harvester with your ghille suit and people walking right by you.

Anyone else miss this or is it just me? ::)

harvester.. blackwoods.. last bastion..

i know exactly what you're talking about. no matter how much you try to hide in this game, people will always see you. ghillies used to work wonders before (if you weren't flashing or invisible). hell even on a map like Killing Fields you would be hard to see in a ghillie lying in the middle of the desert.

Guest CplKoontz

well although maybe not totally invisible, at the embassy in crossroads, you can go prone in the grass and stay hidden, and I know of a place on Kasbah, that I go prone in(thers grass) and never have a problem being found(most of the time)

While the number of bushes to camp in seems to have been decreased... I think the use of shadow for potential hiding spots has increased. Maybe its the graphical bump up from the old version... or maybe that it's just me playing on an HDTV for the first time... but hiding in the shadows seems to work better than ever online.

The one spot that comes to mind is the dark corner on Frostfire near the huge metal pipes below the Merc spawn. I (personally) never remember that working for me until Confrontation.