operation flashpoint2: dragon rising

IRISH BULL ]
mikejaxon ]
Merlin77o ]

I played OFP on PC when it first came out. This game was ahead of its time, its one of my favorite games. I will be picking this one up for sure. I know a demo is coming out in june i believe so we all get to try it out. :)

I looked on gamestop's website they have the release date as 5/26/09

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72875

So a demo should be sooner then June.

Does everygame release a demo before full release? Also, is there confirmation that a demo is coming out??

with DLC becoming so mainstream, almost every game puts out a demo. And yes they said a demo will come.

• 1 month later...
IRISH BULL ]
mikejaxon ]
Merlin77o ]

I played OFP on PC when it first came out. This game was ahead of its time, its one of my favorite games. I will be picking this one up for sure. I know a demo is coming out in june i believe so we all get to try it out. :)

I looked on gamestop's website they have the release date as 5/26/09

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72875

So a demo should be sooner then June.

Does everygame release a demo before full release? Also, is there confirmation that a demo is coming out??

I just checked Gamestop's website and now the date is 09/01/2009. Are Gamestop's release dates usually the ones that are concrete??

And so much for a demo in June. >:(

• 3 months later...

Hands On Playtest: Operation Flashpoint

Excerpt's from the article that Socrack-heads will like:

"Obviously not being like other shooters sets Flashpoint apart a bit, where most other shooters rely on high accuracy, this is more about tactics. Using actual US Marine Corps formations and tactics"

"I expect a lot of SOCOM players to pick this up and never before has a headset been essential."

This might give MW:2 a run for its money.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]
xScoFieldx ]

Is October 11 a believable release date for this? I just figured with less than 60 days til release I would have heard more about it.

October 6th is what I am hearing.

Is multiplayer 4v4 or 8v8 cuz i've hear both. And im not talking about co-op which is 4, but the actual competitive multiplayer.

xScoFieldx ]
Sgt.JoeFriday ]
xScoFieldx ]

Is October 11 a believable release date for this? I just figured with less than 60 days til release I would have heard more about it.

October 6th is what I am hearing.

Is multiplayer 4v4 or 8v8 cuz i've hear both. And im not talking about co-op which is 4, but the actual competitive multiplayer.

This is a common question apparently, and this is what I've found...

"Just to clarify, the 4v4 MP is for the consoles and it's 16v16 on the PC.

As someone has mentioned previously the MP maps provided with the game are not fought over the entire island, as due to it's size you would rarely come across people to fight. Rather the team have very carefully selected smaller areas of the map that act as natural chokepoints, which should provide for some very intense firefights, even with 4v4 (with 3 additional AI fireteam members under the control of each player)."

Merlin77o ]

i got it also years ago .. awsome way before its time ... nightvision mode ...awsome ..

X_-GHOST-_X ]
Merlin77o ]

i got it also years ago .. awsome way before its time ... nightvision mode ...awsome ..

Yep, I played the old Operation Flashpoints on PC.....they missions and multiplayer were awesome.

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised that this hasn't come back up. It's a really solid game. I haven't even been playing the multi-player, since the campaign and the co-op are so fun. I posted my early thoughts on the game on our site, BlackOpsUnit.com, here. If anyone is looking for more people to play with, hit me up here, on the PSN or over at our site.