The Official Killzone 2 Review Thread

Have you wasted 55 dollars or made the smartest investment in years? What are the features of the game that you love the most? What do you think of game play, GFX, lag, clan support, tournament ladders and all the details of the game. How was the story mode? Can the game be effectively used for a tournament? Should UF create a tournament for k2?

Guidelines

• Please do not use this thread to bash others or bash Killzone 2.
  • While not having the game and posting up postive information is fine please do not post any negative comments ESPECIALLY if YOU DO NOT have the game.
  • If you played it less then 5 mins and hated it please do not go on a hate fest on here.
  • If you played Killzone 2 for less then a day and hate it please do not go on a rant on this thread.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CplKoontz

Well, i dont have the full game yet:(, but i did play the beta, and have the demo.

If the multiplayer is anything like the beta this game will rock.

I dont want to go into too many details since the game hasnt been realesed yet, but lets just say this IMO is the best clan based game that is around, and with the right team setup on both side its awsome.

also being able to practice as a clan with Bots(I believe they are still doing this) is gonan be great, that way you dont have to keep looking for other clans or players.

also CDBS, some of those reviews on that site you posted are stupid, the guys who gave it 70 and 80, I wonder if they even played it, because some of the stuff they say is ridiculous.

Well, i dont have the full game yet:(, but i did play the beta, and have the demo.

If the multiplayer is anything like the beta this game will rock.

I dont want to go into too many details since the game hasnt been realesed yet, but lets just say this IMO is the best clan based game that is around, and with the right team setup on both side its awsome.

also being able to practice as a clan with Bots(I believe they are still doing this) is gonan be great, that way you dont have to keep looking for other clans or players.

also CDBS, some of those reviews on that site you posted are stupid, the guys who gave it 70 and 80, I wonder if they even played it, because some of the stuff they say is ridiculous.

yea i know edge and a few others are just mindless, EDGE for example is known to be an xbox magazine, and many believe they did this just to sell, as the magazine is going out of print and they are staying on a website format.

I put it up just to see the other reviews for example i thought IGN and xplay gave the best reviews.

Chili-Palmer ]

also being able to practice as a clan with Bots (I believe they are still doing this) is gonan be great, that way you dont have to keep looking for other clans or players.

That sounds cool.!!

kinda like co-op, with a full team of 8 or so.?

Ok if that really is true then this game might be cool enough to own. lol.

There is allot to this game. I have been playing it for an hour or so and wish I was still a kid so I could just stay home and play it tomarrow lol

Only time and hours put in will tell but me and the few guys who got it in our clan at midnight- Like it allot thus far.

Heres what I can tell you thus far with out much opinion- Just some facts as I have not played it long enough yet.

*logging in- I threw the game in, didnt have to DL a patch and was online in a friends room with in a few minutes of opening the game.

*Bots- You can turn them on, run schrimage etc. Me and friend took on a guy and some bots until the room filled up.

*Hit detection works VERY well

*You do have to aim to hit someone as any range

*Mics workedwith out incident or cut outs.

*No lag or hickups in any of the rooms we played in (maybe it was the time of night but if it stays this lag free- It would be a new experience for most PS3 owners)- K so 1 opinion ;)

The rest I will have to put through the paces for many more hours before reporting back here- The good news is I am excited to do so.

is this game online only?

no, it has a single player and bots as well. The bad thing about bots is that someone or some people found a way to explit this and use bots in ranked rooms. Usually is 2 people against 30 easy bots, those people are the ones with like rank general and only 4-6 hours of gameplay, guerrilla said they were looking into it, rumors are they are gonna reset the leaderboards and hot fixing the issue with bots.

luchesco ]
Vengeance ]

ive been playing the since around 11 today and i am loving it but it really takes time to get used to the controls

theres a control setup in the control options called 'Alternate 2' try that' date=' its almost identical to COD's control scheme.

[/quote']

i tried 3 different set-ups but alternate 2 is just like cod4 but its retarded for aiming...you have to use 3 firngers just to zoom in/shoot/stay behind cover... imo the best is the default. It takes a while to learn but it works the best with the game

Vengeance ]
luchesco ]
Vengeance ]

ive been playing the since around 11 today and i am loving it but it really takes time to get used to the controls

theres a control setup in the control options called 'Alternate 2' try that' date=' its almost identical to COD's control scheme.

[/quote']

i tried 3 different set-ups but alternate 2 is just like cod4 but its retarded for aiming...you have to use 3 firngers just to zoom in/shoot/stay behind cover... imo the best is the default. It takes a while to learn but it works the best with the game

ON SINGLEPLAYER THAT IS. for MP there is no cover.

UNCLE-SID25 ]

There is allot to this game. I have been playing it for an hour or so and wish I was still a kid so I could just stay home and play it tomarrow lol

Only time and hours put in will tell but me and the few guys who got it in our clan at midnight- Like it allot thus far.

Heres what I can tell you thus far with out much opinion- Just some facts as I have not played it long enough yet.

*logging in- I threw the game in, didnt have to DL a patch and was online in a friends room with in a few minutes of opening the game.

*Bots- You can turn them on, run schrimage etc. Me and friend took on a guy and some bots until the room filled up.

*Hit detection works VERY well

*You do have to aim to hit someone as any range

*Mics workedwith out incident or cut outs.

*No lag or hickups in any of the rooms we played in (maybe it was the time of night but if it stays this lag free- It would be a new experience for most PS3 owners)- K so 1 opinion ;)

The rest I will have to put through the paces for many more hours before reporting back here- The good news is I am excited to do so.

I couldn't have said it better bro. Went on no problems. You can kill people right of the bat. I went 10-2 in my first game lol. By the way guys please check out killzone.com you can track your points to rank up.. check your clan.. sign up for ladders.. send messages...

Gameplay is going very smooth, but im kinda dissapointed that there aren't any customizable guns or anything like that (or at least not what i've seen). Gameplay takes a lot of time getting used to, but so far it's a solid game. I'll post a full pros and cons list later on after I get to know more of the game.

Sharkbait2 ]

Gameplay is going very smooth, but im kinda dissapointed that there aren't any customizable guns or anything like that (or at least not what i've seen). Gameplay takes a lot of time getting used to, but so far it's a solid game. I'll post a full pros and cons list later on after I get to know more of the game.

Guns have to unlock after you acquired a certain level because there is no way you're restricted to two types of assault rifles and a pistol. I've played for little over an hour and I dig it. The atmosphere on a few of the levels is incredible with lighting strikes, wind noise etc. However as others have said it's going to take a while to get used to especially if you've been out of the FPS game for while. I haven't seriously played a FPS since Time Splitters 2 on the PS2.

A few of us from EL already have a EL affiliate (ELC) aka Enemy Lines Clan

Send me a FR: Rorbotron.

Guest CplKoontz
Johnson30 ]

At best this game is ok. I think everyone is over praising it because SOCOM was pretty much a failure.

KZ2 is ok, not great, not awesome, but OK.

well IMO KZ2 is a great game and socom is ok....

I dont think it is overhyped, but what it is, IMO the best fps available right now, and its amazing to play

Johnson30 ]

At best this game is ok. I think everyone is over praising it because SOCOM was pretty much a failure.

KZ2 is ok, not great, not awesome, but OK.

well IMO KZ2 is a great game and socom is ok....

I dont think it is overhyped, but what it is, IMO the best fps available right now, and its amazing to play

I have to agree. I think it's pretty kick a$$ and exactly what I was looking for when I picked it up. The atmosphere is incredible and the clan system appears to be top notch. I can't wait to dive in to it further. I also still love me so Socom and would say confrontation is more than just "okay" but a lot of that has to do with Urgent Fury and my kick ass clan.

I put the game in my ps3 and decided to go get my lunch which I warmed up upstairs while it loads. I stood up and it already loaded. Spent 4 hours straight downstairs and totally forgot about lunch. Those kind of games are VERY hard to find. The game is incredible it is everything it was made out to be. I play almost every new first person shooter that comes out and there is NOTHING like it. XBOX & Halo good bye... The game is a mix of socom clan support, COD firing... Halo Melee and game play... the GFX I don't know what I could compare it to its just amazing. I haven't played a game for 8 hours in a long time..... CLAN SUPPORT.. Hey socom you were built on it now it sucks... look at killzone they just made the old clan support 10 times better.. hey look they got a ladder system the first day of release.. wait no lag... wait people die? WOW. Having LAG doesn't help you to be a better PLAYER. WOWWWWW!!!! Congrats Killzone and Guerrilla Warfare you guys have restored the faith of gamers who lost faith with developers and games.

MaluNYMets ]

I put the game in my ps3 and decided to go get my lunch which I warmed up upstairs while it loads. I stood up and it already loaded. Spent 4 hours straight downstairs and totally forgot about lunch. Those kind of games are VERY hard to find. The game is incredible it is everything it was made out to be. I play almost every new first person shooter that comes out and there is NOTHING like it. XBOX & Halo good bye... The game is a mix of socom clan support' date=' COD firing... Halo Melee and game play... the GFX I don't know what I could compare it to its just amazing. I haven't played a game for 8 hours in a long time..... CLAN SUPPORT.. Hey socom you were built on it now it sucks... look at killzone they just made the old clan support 10 times better.. hey look they got a ladder system the first day of release.. wait no lag... wait people die? WOW. Having LAG doesn't help you to be a better PLAYER. WOWWWWW!!!! Congrats Killzone and Guerrilla Warfare you guys have restored the faith of gamers who lost faith with developers and games.

[/quote']

where is that clapping smiley?

i cant get enough of KZ2, some maps are just so great and balanced, and the way the game flows with warfare is amazing.