The Official Killzone 2 Review Thread

Chaka ]

Lil_Chaka has this icon that says player of the week! has anyone seen or heard about this.I bought the game and Lil_Chaka plays it 24/7, I played for about 2 hours at the most.

yea the top 10, 3 and 1 percent of the players from the prior week get a special badge, it basically surrounds your rank, i got the ten percent one, and i didnt even play sunday.

There is an issue with it though because some people didnt get it. If you get the top 1 percent you automatically get the trophy for the other ones; this is a weekly thing though, so your weekly performanc eis evaluated not the all time.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDBS14 ]

i will be on too CDBS14

Did you know there is a cdbs15? What the hell are the odds?!! Do you know that dude or something? lol

use alternate2. and then choose option HOLD ZOOM

BTW, thanks for the advice. This set up is the best for me. The only problem is crouching and aiming at the same time, its a little awkward.

IRISH BULL ]
CDBS14 ]

i will be on too CDBS14

Did you know there is a cdbs15? What the hell are the odds?!! Do you know that dude or something? lol

use alternate2. and then choose option HOLD ZOOM

BTW' date=' thanks for the advice. This set up is the best for me. The only problem is crouching and aiming at the same time, its a little awkward.

[/quote']

on multiplayer crouching? because MP also has the HOLD CROUCH but the default is for it to be on, just turn it off and it is good to go.

Also how you meet cdbs15? cause i have an australian account with that name. unless my cousin decided to play with it.

CDBS14 ]

on multiplayer crouching? because MP also has the HOLD CROUCH but the default is for it to be on' date=' just turn it off and it is good to go.

Also how you meet cdbs15? cause i have an australian account with that name. unless my cousin decided to play with it.

[/quote']

I didn't. I tried to add you but I was confused and thought your were "CDBS15". So when I put it in, it accepted it but all in small case.

BTW, are anybody's stats accurate on killzone.com? Because every time I go there, its always zero activity.

IRISH BULL ]
CDBS14 ]

on multiplayer crouching? because MP also has the HOLD CROUCH but the default is for it to be on' date=' just turn it off and it is good to go.

[/quote']

I didn't. I tried to add you but I was confused and thought your were "CDBS15". So when I put it in, it accepted it but all in small case.

BTW, are anybody's stats accurate on killzone.com? Because every time I go there, its always zero activity.

site is too busy with activity; guerrilla wants to keep the forums up for people complaining and or any news they might announce, they are working on fixing up the site, thats the reason the stats are down.

Got a few questions about this game.

1. How do you find clan rooms? I read that +30 and Divine Knights have rooms up.

2. What do the icons represent on the stat screen?? I know the skull and crossbones mean your death and I guess the circle with the cross in it is a teamkill??? What about the others.

3. How do find a room that is only playing one type of game as opposed to Warzone, which has them all one after another.

IRISH BULL ]

1. How do you find clan rooms? I read that +30 and Divine Knights have rooms up.

2. What do the icons represent on the stat screen?? I know the skull and crossbones mean your death and I guess the circle with the cross in it is a teamkill??? What about the others.

3. How do find a room that is only playing one type of game as opposed to Warzone, which has them all one after another.

1. Set your room search to Worldwide and just scroll through would be my best guess. Unless you have someone from +30 or Knights on your friends list then you just go to join friend and join the room.

2. I'm not certain on the symbols myself and meant to check the manual but haven't yet. It should be in the game instructions.

3. When you are searching the rooms you can see what modes are available. They have the 5 modes to the right of each room and whichever modes are highlighted are the ones that are used. Usually it's only Body Count or it's all modes. I've never seen anyone mix and match and I'm not sure that you can.

I'm going to add a question to Bull's questions. How do you use the secondary badge ability? I honestly had no idea any of the classes had secondary badges besides the engineer. I unlocked the tactician yesterday where you can set spawn points and send up the flying sentry bots but was only able to set the spawn points.

Rorbotron ]
IRISH BULL ]

1. Set your room search to Worldwide and just scroll through would be my best guess. Unless you have someone from +30 or Knights on your friends list then you just go to join friend and join the room.

2. I'm not certain on the symbols myself and meant to check the manual but haven't yet. It should be in the game instructions.

3. When you are searching the rooms you can see what modes are available. They have the 5 modes to the right of each room and whichever modes are highlighted are the ones that are used. Usually it's only Body Count or it's all modes. I've never seen anyone mix and match and I'm not sure that you can.

I'm going to add a question to Bull's questions. How do you use the secondary badge ability? I honestly had no idea any of the classes had secondary badges besides the engineer. I unlocked the tactician yesterday where you can set spawn points and send up the flying sentry bots but was only able to set the spawn points.

I thought so, but I don't think they are mentioned in the manual. Unless I looked right at it and couldn't see it, if you know what I mean. lol

Rorbotron ]
IRISH BULL ]

secondary badge is used by pressing right on the DPAD.

The symbols i believe are assists, kills, teamkills (negative xp) and overall points.

Also you cna only have a set number of sentry bots per map, some maps (very big) have up to 4, medium have up to 3 and small usually 1-2. THE BOTS DONT FLY AROUND THE ENTIRE MAP, THEY STAY ON THE IMMEDIATE AREA WHERE YOU DEPLOY THEM.

CDBS14 ]
Rorbotron ]
IRISH BULL ]

3. How do find a room that is only playing one type of game as opposed to Warzone' date=' which has them all one after another.

[/quote']

The symbols i believe are assists, kills, teamkills (negative xp) and overall points.

Also you cna only have a set number of sentry bots per map, some maps (very big) have up to 4, medium have up to 3 and small usually 1-2. THE BOTS DONT FLY AROUND THE ENTIRE MAP, THEY STAY ON THE IMMEDIATE AREA WHERE YOU DEPLOY THEM.

Cool. Also do you have any idea how you mix and match the abilities? I know you can mix and match and create a hybrid class, it mentions it in the manual but doesn't tell you how to do it.

Rorbotron ]
CDBS14 ]
Rorbotron ]
IRISH BULL ]

3. How do find a room that is only playing one type of game as opposed to Warzone' date=' which has them all one after another.

[/quote']

Cool. Also do you have any idea how you mix and match the abilities? I know you can mix and match and create a hybrid class, it mentions it in the manual but doesn't tell you how to do it.

you need to complete the badge for the secondary ability of 2 classes then you are able to mix.

For example i already have mixed my sniper and my medic second ability that way i constantly get life if im being shot at.

Another one i am working on is getting sniper with the engineer so i can get ammo.

Rorbotron ]
CDBS14 ]
Rorbotron ]
IRISH BULL ]

[/quote']

you have to get all the badges/ribbons for the class and then you can mix and match it eith other classes

Vengeance ]
Rorbotron ]
CDBS14 ]
Rorbotron ]
IRISH BULL ]

[/quote']

you have to get all the badges/ribbons for the class and then you can mix and match it eith other classes

Got ya that makes sense. I haven't done anything for the medic yet so I need to get to work in that regard. Do you have to earn badges for the primaries before you can use the secondary abilities as well? If I'm the engineer for example the primary ability for the turrets is on the left and the grenades are on the right. if I just tap right on the d-pad it transitions to the secondary ability? or do I need to unlock that as well?

CDBS14 ]

to unlock the engineer second ability (repair) you need to get 5 turret kills 8 times. Once that is done when in game just tap right and then the fix thing comes out and you can go up to an MG or ammo depot and fix them for massive points.

Got ya. Are turret kills tracked in the stats? I really have no idea how many I have but I have set something like 83 turrets so I would like to think i have the secondary ability but I have no idea. I was also wondering how people ranked up so damn fast so the secondary ability points bonus makes sense. I believe I'm a major the one with the 3 solid hyphens before the single star. Most of my points are from body count.

you get the badge for killing people with the turret not setting it down.

And people ranked up fast usually the top of the ladder by boosting against Bots but guerrilla said they will be dealt individually and their stats reset because the game keeps track of all online matches you have, so some of these guys have like over 100 matches of 2 humans against 30 bots on easy difficulty body count.

And many people right now (not an exploit) get the badges by playing matches that ban all weapons except for shotgun for example so it makes you use the engineer class. Thats why they get those fast. The engineer turret badge and tactician sentry bot badge are the hardest to get, the other classes have more simple and not so hard badges.

CDBS14 ]

And people ranked up fast usually the top of the ladder by boosting against Bots but guerrilla said they will be dealt individually and their stats reset because the game keeps track of all online matches you have' date=' so some of these guys have like over 100 matches of 2 humans against 30 bots on easy difficulty body count.

And many people right now (not an exploit) get the badges by playing matches that ban all weapons except for shotgun for example so it makes you use the engineer class. Thats why they get those fast. The engineer turret badge and tactician sentry bot badge are the hardest to get, the other classes have more simple and not so hard badges.

[/quote']

Yea I know it's turret kills. I was saying that I've set so many turrets you'd think I'd have the secondary badge. It's 5 kills per map right? I love this damn game, so glad I bought it.

Rorbotron ]
CDBS14 ]

And people ranked up fast usually the top of the ladder by boosting against Bots but guerrilla said they will be dealt individually and their stats reset because the game keeps track of all online matches you have' date=' so some of these guys have like over 100 matches of 2 humans against 30 bots on easy difficulty body count.

[/quote']

Yea I know it's turret kills. I was saying that I've set so many turrets you'd think I'd have the secondary badge. It's 5 kills per map right? I love this damn game, so glad I bought it.

yea 5 kills per map, i only have like 3 of those badges.