"Red Ring of Death" Solved?

you know that today i went to gamestpt to picka copy of K2 and when i see the Xbox i headed towards it to see what was on it.... and then i noticed the red ring of death on it LOL. Game stop has a fucked up display of an xbox.. not going to sell much if they dont switch the console with a new one!

Hellraiser ]

you know that today i went to gamestpt to picka copy of K2 and when i see the Xbox i headed towards it to see what was on it.... and then i noticed the red ring of death on it LOL. Game stop has a fucked up display of an xbox.. not going to sell much if they dont switch the console with a new one!

ROFL!! ;D

Nemesis ]

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/playback/playback-34/1292808

Xbox designers say they have resolved the "red ring of death" that resulted in many ruined consoles.

I guess thats good news for some.. I've never had any issues *knock on wood*

At least they're probably being truthful. ;)

Chili-Palmer ]
Nemesis ]

Xbox designers say they have resolved the "red ring of death" that resulted in many ruined consoles.

mine is in the closet... got the ring early last year and never bothered to fix it... piece of trash

thine-reaper ]
Chili-Palmer ]
Nemesis ]

mine is in the closet... got the ring early last year and never bothered to fix it... piece of trash

i'll take it! send it to me LOL, unless warranty is over.. then fuck it, i aint paying for that..unless it's cheap! ;D

mine was out of warranty,way out of warranty cuz i brought it about the time when they first came out , called them they said send it in and the good thing is a week and a half later i had a new one,they didn't give me no problem what so ever!!! basically becuz its a microsoft issue so they dont mind replaceing it.. ;D

BiGKiLLeRBoY ]

mine was out of warranty,way out of warranty cuz i brought it about the time when they first came out , called them they said send it in and the good thing is a week and a half later i had a new one,they didn't give me no problem what so ever!!! basically becuz its a microsoft issue so they dont mind replaceing it.. ;D

Yep, same thing with mine. Out of Warranty, they fixed it for free still.

thine-reaper ]
Chili-Palmer ]

They fix RROD for free.. lol

my warranty is up and they said they can't do a thing about it... and it is 4 lights so that is a hardware issue, correct?

YES that is correct... 4 lights is NOT RROD.

All 4 lights is an over heating issue.. try to wrap a towel around it, maybe you can force the RROD on it then get it fixed for free.!

Chili-Palmer ]
thine-reaper ]
Chili-Palmer ]

They fix RROD for free.. lol

my warranty is up and they said they can't do a thing about it... and it is 4 lights so that is a hardware issue, correct?

YES that is correct... 4 lights is NOT RROD.

All 4 lights is an over heating issue.. try to wrap a towel around it, maybe you can force the RROD on it then get it fixed for free.!

Animal has experience wrapping his box in a wet towel. :D :D

CDBS14 ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Who said anything about an Elite.?

no' date=' i always heard from friends and other XBOX ELITE owners that they had solved the problem on the ELITE, that the ELITE never gets the RROD.

[/quote']I wouldn't say never.. i dont think the Elite was 100% RROD proof, but it was definitely made much better.

Now i think they have been able to fix the problem altogether.. no matter which system.

RNG187 ]

if this is true...i might have to pick one up. :o

Elite is 99% RROD proof, so go get one. ;D