KILLZONE 2- UF eval in near future?

I know we are waist deep in the epic tac map tourney for socom.

I was wondering though,

Given K2 actually works and does not have to wait for patches to be fully functional- Is this a game that is/ will be in the near future evaluated and put through the paces to see if its a good fit for UF?

The reason why I ask- Its the best shooter I have played on the PS3 (game play like cod, clan function like no other game out there to date) and I am interested in playing it in the best tourney site on the PS3. :)

Thanks,

US25

I was also curious about this.. only cuz of what he said.. the game functions properly.. Socom seems to be lacking "something" for the majority of the community and although im not a FPS fan.. my clan seems to be torn almost right down the middle..

I do think it might be a bit early though too.. the game hasnt even been out a week yet.. it may turn out to be one of those games that just dies out after a week or 2 like alot of them do.. there is always a big fan base dedicated.. but the over all usually seems to fade after the initial newness wears off.

UF will always entertain the possibility for any game to fall under our umbrella...ella...ella...ella here (sorry, couldn't help myself), but unless that game is SOCOM, only for obvious reasons of longevity here, we will give a new game "some time" to clearly see what it is capable of in gamer-population aspects.

We pride ourselves on putting together some fun and exciting tourneys, but we're not full of ourselves thinking that we pick a game to put a tourney to and people will just flock to us to play it. We respond to the masses, not the other way around.

Only answer I can give at this time......."maybe."

And that's not supposed to be some cryptic teaser or something.

It's just an honest to goodness "maybe."

Whats up everyone,

If UF does have a KZ2 tourney....Ironstar will participate (formerly FBR)

The amount of options in this game is endless. I have not been so addicted to a game since the SOCOM 2 days.

Rooms can actually be made with PASSWORDS :o and 2-32 players with increments of two :o

SOCOM is not what it used to be. That is just my personal opinion. Add me on PSN (same as my forum name w/o the tags) if anyone up for a clan match for some valor or just wants to play.

Peace everyone and I really hope that UF creates a tourny for Killzone 2.

hmm IDK what to say i have the game, and i kinda like it but somehow im sure that the online will soon die on me and in a few weeks maybe month i'll stop playing it.

IDK what you are all talking so high of this game, i bet it will prob turn out like CoD4, everybody talked about how this game was awesome and shit and most of you guys dont even have it anymore cause you couldnt stop complaining about it and as soon as the Socom BETA!!!! arrived many traded it in.

so i guess than after a while everybody will start complaining about it like it happened to CoD4.

i like this game, but it's not tactical at all, its just a huge mess of people jumping in again and again throwing random nades and doing whatever they can to get a kill.. even if they jump in the middle of the enemy. this game is more of a race to me, where you just have to keep on spawing and getting wherever you need quickly to keep the pressure on.

i love call of Duty 4, and i cant wait for CoD5 to get here, i bet that most people will leave K2 for it as i find that CoD4 is kinda better than K2, just that K2 has a few cool things about it, that apparently may appear in CoD5.

but yeah it will make a good tournament... but only till CoD5 comes.

in a few weeks you'll see the complains about the random nades,the glitchers and all that shit that we saw in CoD4

i will have to say that unlike any game i've played online yet, this game somehow manages to work great with my connection, even if i cant get on socom cause of getting disconnected and lagging i jump on this game and i can play smooth for hours.<< very interesting.

Hellraiser ]

hmm IDK what to say i have the game, and i kinda like it but somehow im sure that the online will soon die on me and in a few weeks maybe month i'll stop playing it.

IDK what you are all talking so high of this game, i bet it will prob turn out like CoD4, everybody talked about how this game was awesome and shit and most of you guys dont even have it anymore cause you couldnt stop complaining about it and as soon as the Socom BETA!!!! arrived many traded it in.

so i guess than after a while everybody will start complaining about it like it happened to CoD4.

i like this game, but it's not tactical at all, its just a huge mess of people jumping in again and again throwing random nades and doing whatever they can to get a kill.. even if they jump in the middle of the enemy. this game is more of a race to me, where you just have to keep on spawing and getting wherever you need quickly to keep the pressure on.

i love call of Duty 4, and i cant wait for CoD5 to get here, i bet that most people will leave K2 for it as i find that CoD4 is kinda better than K2, just that K2 has a few cool things about it, that apparently may appear in CoD5.

but yeah it will make a good tournament... but only till CoD5 comes.

in a few weeks you'll see the complains about the random nades,the glitchers and all that shit that we saw in CoD4

i will have to say that unlike any game i've played online yet, this game somehow manages to work great with my connection, even if i cant get on socom cause of getting disconnected and lagging i jump on this game and i can play smooth for hours.<< very interesting.

well even someone finds a glitch, it wont help because the maps are HUGE and with many levels, people have found glitche son the single player but not on the multiplayer.

As for the running around and nade fest, i suggest play with some of the clans at UF, SxB has a room up all the time and i think +30 and divine knights do as well; most of the public 16v16 are just hectic firefights.

As for complaining about the game, it usually comes down to the shotgun and the rocket launcher. But the rocket only comes with 3 shots, and the shotgun can be pretty deadly with someone that knows how to use it.

I just can't see this game getting old. Why do some think it's going to get old? I personally can't get enough of it and if I didn't have a great Socom clan my Socom play would likely suffer because of the game. The clan system is the best I've ever encountered and I love how the matches online seamlessly change modes. Right now I'm like 60 points from my Major class but I'm always a engineer until I unlock something more intriguing...so I'm setting up turrets and lighting people up with the Shotty to hottie! it does suck that the engineer HAS to use the Shotgun but I'm getting good with it soooo "boom, boom shake the damn room!"

Rorbotron ]

I just can't see this game getting old. Why do some think it's going to get old? I personally can't get enough of it and if I didn't have a great Socom clan my Socom play would likely suffer because of the game. The clan system is the best I've ever encountered and I love how the matches online seamlessly change modes. Right now I'm like 60 points from my Major class but I'm always a engineer until I unlock something more intriguing...so I'm setting up turrets and lighting people up with the Shotty to hottie! it does suck that the engineer HAS to use the Shotgun but I'm getting good with it soooo "boom, boom shake the damn room!"

lol, saboteur and scout are my fav.

Rorbotron ]

It sounds like Team Fortress 2.!! (which i LOVE) I'm always an Engineer. ;D

TF2 Rules.!!

If your a huge third person socom fan your not going to like the game. Of course we get it. If your a gamer who playes other games and is everything defined of a gamer who plays for great games then you will LOVE killzone 2. I got to say its far superior to Halo, socom or anyhting else you want to throw at it. Once again if you love socom your not going to care about any game that is not exactly like socom. With that being said think K2 is one of the top games if not the best game for PS3 right now and UF should def go for it in terms of the game and having clans participate in it. Socom doesn't really attract new gamers as it use to especially with the garbage they put out called Confrontation.

I think it has a strong possibility, but I also think its too early at this point. Only two other of my clan mates got the game early like myself.. s recently four more of my mates have picked it up. I believe even more are interested and will also give it a go. This just goes towards more of a reason to give it some time. While there are some clans that would be able to field a team now, there are many others that aren’t yet ready but are getting there fairly quick.

If it continues to prove to be a good game; within a short while there will be many more clans that will be able to field a team. Another aspect to the game that not rushing a tournament offering will be beneficial for is the large disparity in rank equivalents. The game does a fantastic job of allowing the choice to find or play in games only with others of similar ranks. The rank rewards are more substantial than other titles. Better guns, more ammo, more grenades, ability to heal, ability to revive teammates, open ammo points, set spawn points, set turrets, deploy bots, better armor and even combination of the perks are rewarded for rank achievements. Thankfully the devs knew this and included an easy way to play within same rank ranged rooms. For this title a low ranked team of players against a high ranked team stands little chance of winning.

The saving grace to this is that its not very hard to gain rank, badges and perks even for the mediocre player come in time if enough time is spent playing. Although some of the higher awards may take longer most of the general perks aren’t that hard to achieve. It won’t be long before clans can not only field a good number for a team in within a short time most teams can also assure their team is comprised of high enough ranks in order to compete on a more level field. I can already see that KZ2 would likely be a good fit for UF offerings, although I don’t see the need to rush into anything. Like was mentioned there are already a number of venues currently running right now. Inclusion of a n offering for KZ2 is a good idea, however patience guys and gals. UF doesn’t do things that way.. the need to insure an offering lives up to the quality and standard UF maintains in everything it does means we don’t rush into things.