HAWX review thread

The demo was great, similar controls to ACE COMBAT. What i didnt like is the fact that they are pushing you to use the COMP SUPPORT OFF MODE with that camera that is from like afar and makes you pull out insane stunts. Well they said on many dev diaries that is what they wanted the online to be, due to the large dogfights. To me that kinda ruins the experience a bit, i also think they do not have a large set of planes as ace combat does. It is a solid game just lacking something to it. This game is like endwar trying out something new so that they can make it better in the next installment. Great concept but imo it is lacking that "something" that draws you to a game.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]
Chili-Palmer ]

I thought this game was more like Warhawk..? (i've never played either, i was just under that assumption)

Chili, do you actually play games anymore? :-\

You should get a PS3 JUST FOR WARHAWK. You won't regret it ;)

he wont, warhawk recently opened its own website that keeps tracks of all stats in the game.

UNCLE-SID25 ]

So a few questions:

1. Is it a realistic flighter sim or some arcade shit?

2. How is the clan system?

3. How are the rooms set- i.e. can I make my own and is it easy for my team to find me?

4. What are the "modes" I mean I get the whole kill the other plane... But then what?

Thanks!

1. It's a video game dude, seriously. The planes CAN stall out, but they all can do some "Raptor" moves like a snap turn and flips. But mostly they turn and react like real planes.

2. It's only 8 online, Think Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 there's Co Op and missions, not sure about "clan" perse'

3. Yes it's easy, again like RSV2 you send invites with the XMB and poof they're there.

4. Most missions have ground and air targets. So it's kill the hangers and AA guns while taking out air threats.

I still haven't gotten into it deeply yet, but I know [RVN] DevilHawk LOVES it.

That is a cool feature ::).

With the power of the PS3 I would like to see a fighter sim with real aircraft etc. If I could play something like that online 8 years ago on the PC (as a video game) why is it such an outlandish question to ask about it for the PS3.

I have never read a review nor knew what this game was about. Thanks for the info... You guys remember starfox? lol

I played the demo, was never into flying games to begin with... but to be honest it didn't seem all that special.

The ign review seems to back that up, 6.8/10

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/959/959432p1.html

I thought the game was pretty weak and would never think of buying it after playing the demo. Buying Hawx over Killzone 2 would be a crime against gaming.