Please Help! (Car Buying)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw ALL of you!! :P

1994%20jeep%20wrangler%20018.jpg

Convertible in the summer, AWESOME with the doors off. 4WD in the winter or on the beach, sand dunes, river, someone's yard! ;D

My aunt and uncle have a farm in Northern IL. There is a HWY by them that was backed up about 4 miles with traffic. I had my top down and doors off, popped off road and smiled at every fool stuck in line!! My aunt looked out her door and saw me coming. She just shook her head watching me bouncing up and down laughing at the fools!!

SHANE23 ]

Screw ALL of you!! :P

1994%20jeep%20wrangler%20018.jpg

Convertible in the summer, AWESOME with the doors off. 4WD in the winter or on the beach, sand dunes, river, someone's yard! ;D

My aunt and uncle have a farm in Northern IL. There is a HWY by them that was backed up about 4 miles with traffic. I had my top down and doors off, popped off road and smiled at every fool stuck in line!! My aunt looked out her door and saw me coming. She just shook her head watching me bouncing up and down laughing at the fools!!

Funny. Until you get arrested for being Capt. Obvious. Nice Wrangler either way. I saw a bad ass 4 door in C-bus that was blacked out all over with a nice lift and some serious meat.

All I can say is this: If you live at home and have no bills, buying an expensive car might NOT be a good idea. Your 23 and your going to want a place of your own eventually and having a big car payment will makes things tough.

Maybe you can afford both, so get the car. If you can't afford both, a affordable car might be a smarter idea for your future.

Just don't do something you'll regret. ;D

johnson's very very right, my suggestion would be to either A. buy a new AMERICAN brand car, bc you can haggle, get excellent pricing/deal, etc. (dodge challenger r/t = 30k msrp) B. buy a beamer, or something a little bit more refined, certified pre-owned. this way, either option is affordable, and STILL droppin panties. ;D

my suggestion, go for the challenger. it's a HOT car and you dont see too many of them on the road, so it'd make the thong drop even faster. ;)

Rockman35 ]

Try this on for size.

I rented one of those in Vegas and drove it home.. it was pretty friken nice. Looked exactly like that, black with gold stripe.. funny that the rental version has the one of the best looks ive ever seen on a new mustang.!! (it was a 50th anniversary edition from Hertz, Shelby 350-H)

Whatever it was... "This posting has been flagged for removal" lol

Thanks for all of your suggestions. While the muscle cars look to be the most fun, I am ultimately looking for something more refined. To be honest, the more research I do, the more the g-37 and the A5 seem reasonable. While the BMW's are my dream, in terms of personal success, I feel that I am not where I want to be in my career to "deserve" one. It wouldn't make too much sense to have a 6 series or M3 and devote a good chunk of my salary to it. The more I think of it, I want to save the BMW for a later date.

Some of you mentioned getting a house/apartment...if I were in a different situation I would agree!! However, at this point, I would like to focus on myself and have as much disposable cash as possible to really enjoy my life. I've been thinking about someone else since I was 14!! Now I can be selfish and just focus on doing what I find fun and take advantage of the situation. It's not just buying a car...I would also like to take up many hobbies I missed out on due to trying to save for various relationship related items.

In regards to women, I am aware living on my own and showing more independence is likely more attractive than any car I can come up with. However, as I posted earlier, my focus is not to find another relationship. I'm not going to look for one or purposely avoid one....just going to let life work itself out in regards to all that.

Again, thank you for all the suggestions and advice. It is greatly appreciated!!

Don't be a slave to the payments...

$1000 plus an month. For at least 5yrs.

Over $1000 insurance for 6 months.

Then there fuel... A lot of those sports cars only take Super Unleaded. That's another $300 a month.

Tires when needed are high on those cars as well especially if it's front wheel drive. Those eat tires.

Sorry to be negative... I just hate wasting all that money on a vehicle.

yeah he's right. insurance for >25 on a bmw or any sports car is going to suck. easily $200 month. then the car payment. high octane fuel will run about $10 extra a fill up right now, and gets worse the higher gas goes. tires are the worse thing. my mustang eats tires. i have to replace them once a year. whats funny is it's not the back tires that wear down fast, it's the front.

there is more to think about when buying an expensive car, just like dating a high maintenance woman. shit just starts piling up before you know it. lol

STREETSWEEPR1 ]

i just got liability

i paid 4500 for it 4 years ago

i got hit my a plow truck inmy 94 grand cherokee and got 3600 for it being totaled

so i bought what i got now

iu want a gmc 2500 but i cant afford it

Dude i would rather buy a used reliable car that i know i wont have to pay much maintenance and insurance on; then save up money and get a HUGE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then after that get a better car. ;D

But i am 16 and i keep dreaming, lol. :)

Neoblackhound ]

Im looking at a 350z or a Mustang as my first car.

Dont do it man.. you're gonna wrap it around a pole, & be lucky to be alive.

Start with something more reasonable, THEN once you've had a few years on the road, then get what you like. ;)

trust me.!

Chili-Palmer ]
Neoblackhound ]

Im looking at a 350z or a Mustang as my first car.

Dont do it man.. you're gonna wrap it around a pole' date=' & be lucky to be alive.

Start with something more reasonable, THEN once you've had a few years on the road, then get what you like. ;)

trust me.!

[/quote']

I been driving since I was 15 lol.

I am actually a safe driver.

NO Actually you're not.!

That's the problem.. you have been behind the wheel a handful of times & have NO IDEA whats its like to drive daily in traffic, emergency situations, etc..

And the fact that you think you are a good/safe driver makes you that more dangerous.!

I'm not raggin on you, but that is the perfect example of how people get hurt.. mix all of that with a Muscle car (or any car with balls) & you got a 80%+ chance of causing a MAJOR accident.!! (i mean Major, not a fender bender) (in a safe car i think the percentage is like 60, or just over 50%)