PATCH 1.41 Overall in the grand scheme of things

I played for several hours last night Other than the occasional random spawn. Mine was in midair over the water on fallen large Nothin like starting the round falling 50 ft.

We had NO lag what so ever. The beginning of the round with the reduced fog was so incredibly smooth compared to what it was that I gotta say I'll take the patch with a new small issue.

I mean really Socom has never ran as smoothly as it did last night. And thats saying alot being a patch deployment night

Sorry I just cant say thanks until it works properly. Not when there are so many other games that do. You guys are true fans of the socom franchise and I am proud. I just cant bring myself to say- "Its great! except I spawn in random places from time to time" :-\ I mean come on- Its the PS3 and the game has been out now for how long?

On another note- Do all the functions such as clan matches etc work now? I have not logged in since the last patch.

Thanks,

US25

UNCLE-SID25 ]

Sorry I just cant say thanks until it works properly. Not when there are so many other games that do. You guys are true fans of the socom franchise and I am proud. I just cant bring myself to say- "Its great! except I spawn in random places from time to time" :-\ I mean come on- Its the PS3 and the game has been out now for how long?

On another note- Do all the functions such as clan matches etc work now? I have not logged in since the last patch.

Thanks,

US25

So I DID play it last night. It was noticeably smoother in game (lobby was faster as well but still felt clanky). However there was some weird shit- We were in a room and everyone got booted (the weird thing is it told EVERYONE they had been voted out of the game). It did not show up as a vote in stats but none the less- Weird.

Over all (no matter the fact it is well past due) it is a stark improvement in the speed of the game. Which is very cool!

However the other options such as clan matches etc still dont work correctly and the game has bugs still to this day that affect the basic playability...

That being said after playing other games the past couple months- the magic retard wheel and location of the run button kinda made me want to throw my fuckn controller in the pool... If they ever let you customize the controls let me know- I would return to socom... Until then- Nice job on decreasing the lag :-\

Lexaeus ]

too bad the forums that they read, people are probably throwing a bitch fit about the spawn points, instead of people giving them at least some credit. a little positive feedback would probably mean a lot to them at this point lol.

As I see your point, I understand the forum posters remarks. How many 'patches' will it take to have this game finally fixed? I say 'fixed' because you certainly don't see many games coming out (after 2 initial beta tests!), which require soo many patches. And to lean on 'the forum posters' side: They try to fix 'one thing', unlocking a problem with another! When will it ever end? When Confrontation 2 comes out? Just a thought or two.

BTW: I played in a 16 v 16 room, and 'was amazed' at the lack of lag! The forum posters must be very critical of their gameplay...because even though I spawned in some 'crazy places'...all I was happy about, was the 'lag was much less'! ~ lmao

If they ever let you customize the controls let me know- I would return to socom... I thought you could customize the controls...have you not tried or is it not working for you. I am pretty sure some guys in my clan customized their set ups...but I could be wrong. I will look next time I log on.

CritiKiL ]
Lexaeus ]

too bad the forums that they read, people are probably throwing a bitch fit about the spawn points, instead of people giving them at least some credit. a little positive feedback would probably mean a lot to them at this point lol.

As I see your point, I understand the forum posters remarks. How many 'patches' will it take to have this game finally fixed? I say 'fixed' because you certainly don't see many games coming out (after 2 initial beta tests!), which require soo many patches. And to lean on 'the forum posters' side: They try to fix 'one thing', unlocking a problem with another! When will it ever end? When Confrontation 2 comes out? Just a thought or two.

BTW: I played in a 16 v 16 room, and 'was amazed' at the lack of lag! The forum posters must be very critical of their gameplay...because even though I spawned in some 'crazy places'...all I was happy about, was the 'lag was much less'! ~ lmao

I can't side with those clowns. They are the reason the gameplay has suffered. /6 keeps adding stupid shit because of their griping and has let the lag issues slide until this patch. We still don't have features in the manual, but they'd rather bitch about the fade in screen. ::)

Lexaeus ]

Actually owning a game that includes 100% of what was advertised would mean a lot to us right now too.

They'll get my positive feedback when I get my complete game.

On a positive note (SHHH dont tell them) I did also notice less lag. I did however get the FULL BOOT twice and kept spawning in odd places. As did the other team. So several times we would randomly have an enemy spawning within grenade distance of us.

BIGDANIEL ]

Actually owning a game that includes 100% of what was advertised would mean a lot to us right now too.

They'll get my positive feedback when I get my complete game.

there's a huge difference between saying "oh sweet the game is fixed! thanks a lot!" and saying "hey the lag is tolerable now, thanks."

try not to dwell on the past so much. nobody is denying the fact that /6 screwed up royally. but a little pat on the back tellin em good job on getting this shit in the right direction would probably help them be a bit more enthusiastic about getting more patches out.

I don't get why people talk about how they aren't getting everything advertised aka back of the box acting as if they got it for those reasons. You got the game to play Socom not to play with the stupid calendar, and all that bullshit and have clan ladders that don't mean anything. All I care about is if my clan plays these tournaments these are the only clan ladders I need.

Neoblackhound ]

I don't get why people talk about how they aren't getting everything advertised aka back of the box acting as if they got it for those reasons. You got the game to play Socom not to play with the stupid calendar' date=' and all that bullshit and have clan ladders that don't mean anything. All I care about is if my clan plays these tournaments these are the only clan ladders I need.

[/quote']

Its the principle of the thing dude. It shows a complete disregard for their customers. Regardless of how you look at it, its still a product.

EDIT:

Here is an article I found that expounds on my point a little better.

Downloadable Content Allowing Developers To Slack Off?

I know its the principle but it just seems that people are just using anything to bring down the game and slant 6. Thats why I say most don't like the game cuz slant 6 made it if zipper had done this they wouldn't have been put into these situations and we probably never get it fixed until the next one came out.