hello everyone I just wanted to ask you guys or better an admin if going on the rooftops on copperhead (mercs spawn 1 demo) would be considered a glitch. Now I have asked a few people and they have all said "no" they dont consider it a glitch because all you have to do is jump onto them. Any responses would be good , thanx ahead to any who respond.

Do you remember Vigilance when you could jump onto the seal side roof and basically run out of targetable range, but still hit others. That was just a jump also, but it enabled you to get to a spot where you were nearly untouchable. THis is not that way....you can jump onto the roof, and people can both see you, and still kill you. You are not shooting through walls or a roof to get kills, and although it may take some team manuevering to get a good shot, you are still targetable.

It seems to be a legit spot on those grounds...

Heres the problem I have with this. SOCOMs creators made it obvious what spots you should be able to jump on to. They made it to where you can climb also. You cannot climb onto these roofs. I dont know if it was supposed to be able to be jumped on but I see no problem with the spots themselves. What I must warn you all about is also in Copperhead. When you are climbing the ladder at the "watchtower" you can be shot from a glitch, off the piers from the "small" map part of copperhead. If you are on the ladder and get shot from that direction, I am warning you, it is a glitch. You can climb to the top, look that way and all you see is trees. On the other side they dont see the trees and can shoot you. Fair Warning to you all.

That was a joke right????? Im sorry bro, but this spot is exactly like the spot on threshold that people pointed out before. The fact of the matter is this........from one direction all you see is trees, from the other direction you see through the trees. Yes you need a high scope to do this but if you have a high scope on the other side, you still only see trees. Research it, you will find out, this is a glitch.

-Tha_Savage- ]

What I must warn you all about is also in Copperhead. When you are climbing the ladder at the "watchtower" you can be shot from a glitch, off the piers from the "small" map part of copperhead. If you are on the ladder and get shot from that direction, I am warning you, it is a glitch. You can climb to the top, look that way and all you see is trees. On the other side they dont see the trees and can shoot you. Fair Warning to you all.

He is correct about this guys

The way I see it..

If the creators didnt want us to " Jump" to hard to reach areas...

Then we would not have a JUMP BUTTON for the use of jumping to said area. No 2 brains are alike, and as such not everyone knows about every possible good location or vantage point in socom. This is simply getting on a roof through a method of being able to properly navigate your character through a jump.

If you can shoot me and I can shoot you... I think its fair game.

Admins?

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Well, I don't know about the "watch tower" thing, because I have never seen it done or been shot from there, but on the other hand I never go up to the top of the "watch tower". So I'm assuming you guys are correct in the scope glitch just like the one in waterworks.

Anyways, I think you should be allowed to go up on the roofs, because EVERY ONE can get up there, and you can be killed from there with no problems. Once again to me its a REAL LIFE scenario, you can you get up on a roof top in RL? Would you get up there for a vantage point in RL? I would say YES you ALL would. BUT! If you are shooting threw a scope glitch then that is BS, and video evidence should be able to prove that it was a bad kill and the match should be forfeited because of the offending shooter.

Guys you got to look at this situation just like the one on waterworks, you where NOT told you couldn't go through the double tunnels because of the scope glitch there...where you? NO, you where expected to have honorable players that would NOT shoot through the walls. Guys we all know what are BS spots and shots, and unfortunately there are people out there that will try and take advantage of it. I can only hope that ALL of us in this community, would be able to feel comfortable about playing anyone else in this community WITHOUT! the worry of someone pulling some shady BS. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case for some, and thats why we have capture cards and video evidence. Anyways...TOW cn we get a ruling on this because *S* owns a property with copperhead on it and i would like to know if the roof tops are off limits or not?

EVERYONE....

THE WATCHTOWER IS NOT A GLITCH. WHEN YOU ARE AT THE TERRORIST SPAWN ON THE DOCKS YOU CAN SEE THROUGH THE TREES IN CRACKS AND SEE THE WATCHTOWER PERFECTLY. YOU CAN DO THAT IN REAL LIFE. IT IS NOT A GLITCH, JUST A GOOD SPOT.

THE ROOFTOPS ARE NOT A GLITCH. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS JUMP. JUMPING IS NOT A GLITCH. WHEN YOU ARE ON THE ROOFTOPS YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY ADVANTAGES SUCH AS SEEING THE WHOLE MAP OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. ALL YOU CAN DO IS SHOT PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO IN THE GAME.

NEO-X ]

The way I see it..

If the creators didnt want us to " Jump" to hard to reach areas...

Then we would not have a JUMP BUTTON for the use of jumping to said area.  No 2 brains are alike, and as such not everyone knows about every possible good location or vantage point in socom.   This is simply getting on a roof through a method of being able to properly navigate your character through a jump.

If you can shoot me and I can shoot you... I think its fair game.

Admins?

Agreed.

As long as you can get shot from both sides, & you dont have to do anything abnormal, it should be legit.

SouthwoodS ]

EVERYONE....

THE WATCHTOWER IS NOT A GLITCH. WHEN YOU ARE AT THE TERRORIST SPAWN ON THE DOCKS YOU CAN SEE THROUGH THE TREES IN CRACKS AND SEE THE WATCHTOWER PERFECTLY. YOU CAN DO THAT IN REAL LIFE. IT IS NOT A GLITCH, JUST A GOOD SPOT.

THE ROOFTOPS ARE NOT A GLITCH. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS JUMP. JUMPING IS NOT A GLITCH. WHEN YOU ARE ON THE ROOFTOPS YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY ADVANTAGES SUCH AS SEEING THE WHOLE MAP OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. ALL YOU CAN DO IS SHOT PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO IN THE GAME.

How come you can see Juliet but you can't see the docks? Explain that one...How can one person have a clear shot but the other person doesn't in the same view of sight? This IS a glitch in the game. If you can see and shoot me then I should be able to see and shoot you which you can't....

Hey boys,

When and if you get the chance you should really look at the tower and try and shoot a terrorist on the dock, because frankly you are not going to see the terrorist what so ever. On the other hand, you will get a very clear shot of a seal as a terrorist. If the Seal uses any sort of smoke, all it does for the terrorists is give them an even better shot.

The reason I know this is because Hollow Ground played in the DOA tournament hosted by Wetworks and Copperhead control was one of the maps. This strategy was used against us in a tournament game and was found as a glitch after further review and the map was thrown out of the tournament with a substitute map in it's place.

As for the roofs, if your not breaking pixels to get on top of the object, then it's fair game. What I mean about breaking pixels is for example, on Socom 3, people would slide into a wall and the next thing you know he is up on the top of a wall that is impossible to get on top of, but Copperhead is a totally different scenario. All you have to do to get on top of the roof is make a couple of meaningless jumps. So, with that said, the Sniping on the dock is definitely a flaw in the game that shouldn't be used, but getting on certain rooftops is -A- OK in my book. So, I hope that helped you out a little. Take care boys.

Hollow_Hawk

well tico.. it sounds like your question about the roofs has turned more into a debate again about draw distances in the game.. i think that the community response overall says roof is ok.. and that taking advantage of draw distances isnt.. still maybe wait for admin response for final word.. but at this point i think the roof is ok.