BP to Further Pollute Lake Michigan

British Petroleum is poised to start dumping up to 1,584 pounds of ammonia and 4,925 pounds of industrial solids into Lake Michigan every single day.

Senator Dick Durbin and Congressman Rahm Emanuel have set up an online petition to stop these plans in their tracks. They'll be presenting the petition at a meeting with BP on September 1st.

Please join me by signing their petition to BP here:

http://ga3.org/campaign/bp_petition?rk=G7x-Twd1GO6yW

Guest KingJunk

Well I be damn they told me that BP stood for "Black People" well I will never go there again LoL!

But on a serious note I am from Detroit, Michigan and its sad to see stuff like this I hope they know we have the Great Lakes and they are called the Great Lakes for a reason and I hate to see them do this to my home state. Another thing is they have these commercials saying how clean they are and how they will NOT hurt the environment and to see this really makes me sad and I always fill up at BP but after seeing this NO MORE MONEY FROM ME!!

I will sign it!!

Guest KingJunk

Take a look at all these commercials some are pretty funny but if you do not live in the Midwest area and would like to see a few BP commercials here are some and this is no joke these are the real one's but I know one 2 or 3 are fake but you can tell the real from the fake. So after you watch the first one wait a few seconds and you will see more of them pop up at the bottom!

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/120086.html

SaY HeY!!

I signed it, & agree that kind of stuff is wrong.. but take a look around.. where do you want them to dump it..!?

Where do you think all of our waste goes..? You think it just dissappears.?

The root of the problem is how much waste we create, the answer is not to dump it somewhere else, its create less waste..!!

IF you dont recycle, then they should dump it on your front lawn.

IF you're not part of the solution, than YOU ARE part of the problem..!

And Fuck you if you are talking shit under your breath to me right now.. calling me a hippie, & califonia fag n' shyt..!  ;D

Blow me, this is how the world works..

Try helping, instead of complaining.

Guest KingJunk

I recycle all the time shit when I hit rock bottom and need another brew u will find me with bout 150 to 200 bottles and cans going to the store to get my deposit back!!

So with that being said get the stuff out my front lawn LoL!!

This has been bugging me all night.. lol

I wasn't pointing any fingers at any one person, i was typing that to anyone who may read this, to get them to take a look around, & to get a better idea of how they are living, & how they are either helping or hurting the situation.

My bad..

It just kills me everytime i think about what goes on at a land fill, or when people just dont open there eyes, & think about/realize what they're doing.  ;D

the only real solution to the problem would be another major epidemic to decrease populations, these diseases actually help us for the future and ye modern medicine is good but were gonna be more susceptible to diseases in the future. look throughout history black plague and thats all i know at this moment but the avian bird flu is gonna hit soon

-Affliction- ]

the only real solution to the problem would be another major epidemic to decrease populations, these diseases actually help us for the future and ye modern medicine is good but were gonna be more susceptible to diseases in the future. look throughout history black plague and thats all i know at this moment but the avian bird flu is gonna hit soon

::)

Undertow ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

- but what the hell do I know. What would be another option for the waste?

Pakistan / Iran

^^^^LOL....makes sense to me, it's already a shit hole over there...

-Omni

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

OKAY PEEPS, heres your chance to hate someone. I am a consultant for a MAJOR oil and gas company, and can honestly say that BP didnt just decide to do this. they have researched both short term and long term effects of what they are doing, and it has been deemed safe, not just by them, but by independent researchers and federal agencies. this is not the kind of thing you just decide to do without going through all the channels.

So with that said, and without trying to offend anyone, i dont believe you can honestly sign that petition without doing more than listening to a paid advertisement that is one sided and biased. Explain to me the negative effects of what BP is proposing, and i would gladly consider the petition.

My personal opinion is if somebody wants to start a petition to stop something, lets put a stop to "band wagons".