Guest [+30]PuddyTat

All new Graphics card have physx-Technology, a few games uses the technology like Mirrors Edge and some others. if you go to nvidia the show a video comparing the game with the physx on and off. But here i went ahead and copy this from nvidia site.

Delivering physics in games is no easy task. It's an extremely compute-intensive environment based on a unique set of physics algorithms that require tremendous amounts of simultaneous mathematical and logical calculations.

This is where NVIDIA® PhysX™ Technology and GeForce® processors come in. NVIDIA PhysX is a powerful physics engine which enables real-time physics in leading edge PC and console games. PhysX software is widely adopted by over 150 games, is used by more than 10,000 registered users and is supported on Sony Playstation 3, Microsoft Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and PC.

In addition, PhysX is designed specifically for hardware acceleration by powerful processors with hundreds of cores. Combined with the tremendous parallel processing capability of the GPU, PhysX will provide an exponential increase in physics processing power and will take gaming to a new level delivering rich, immersive physical gaming environments with features such as:

* Explosions that cause dust and collateral debris

* Characters with complex, jointed geometries for more life-like motion and interaction

* Spectacular new weapons with incredible effects

* Cloth that drapes and tears naturally

* Dense smoke & fog that billow around objects in motion

The only way to get real physics with the scale, sophistication, fidelity and level of interactivity that dramatically alters your entertainment experience will be with one of the millions of NVIDIA PhysX-ready GeForce processors.

Hellraiser ]
-Rooster- ]

The psn network would fail after the launch of this all mighty technology.

in that case you could at least still play offline with it... Xbox would just die.. probably melt.

Yup your right. X-box doesn't have single player. Well I guess they do, You just dont hear about it because Live is always running. But I guess some people don't have internet ;)

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

I'll just post here what I posted on RVN's website..

It all means nothing if the PS3 creates shitty games. Graphics doesn't make a game good. And to say games like Mirrors Edge already uses the technology isn't all satisfying.. you know.. being that Mirrors Edge sucked ass and all

Sucked? The game was no 10/10 but it was a breakthrough and i had alot of fun playing it... thats the great thing about the internet its all opinion based.

-Rooster- ]
Hellraiser ]
-Rooster- ]

The psn network would fail after the launch of this all mighty technology.

in that case you could at least still play offline with it... Xbox would just die.. probably melt.

Yup your right. X-box doesn't have single player. Well I guess they do, You just dont hear about it because Live is always running. But I guess some people don't have internet ;)

its true. live is always running... even when the console doesn't.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

I'll just post here what I posted on RVN's website..

It all means nothing if the PS3 creates shitty games. Graphics doesn't make a game good. And to say games like Mirrors Edge already uses the technology isn't all satisfying.. you know.. being that Mirrors Edge sucked ass and all

Did he PS3 version of Mirrors Edge use the tech? And as far as the "shitty" games are concerned I play the shi.t out of KZ2, Little Big Planet and did play a lot of Metal Gear. The whole PS3 doesn't have any good games argument is long and gone. If the 360 has a advantage it's Xbox Live and ever that is a mute point when you consider the crash rate of the 360. No thanks. I was damn close to picking up a 360 first and I'm glad I didn't because I've watched every one of my friends lose at least one system to the Red Ring of death and now there is a completely different error that is hitting the 360 and this one isn't covered by a 3 year warranty.

The E74 error is caused when the "ANA" image scaler chip fails, overheats or there is serious AV connection problem. The hot air flow from the CPU and GPU goes right over the location of the ANA chip so it might be slowly cooked by normal use.

An Xbox 360 that is suffering an E74 error will have the lower-right quadrant of the Ring of Light flash on the front on the console and a multiple languages error message may display that will read "E74. System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support." or the screen will simply glitch out and display a feild of video snow.

The more disturbing trend is that this errors seems to be affecting Falcon motherboard based Xbox 360 system. The Falcon system has a cooler 65nm CPU and a hot 90nm GPU. The newer Jasper motherboard has both a 65nm CPU and 65nm GPU and hopefully it won't succumb to either the E74 or RROD but only time will tell.

The E74 Error is the annoying cousin of the RROD since while it is not a direct failure of the CPU. GPU or RAM but it is caused by the high amount of heat eventually damaging the ANA chip causing it to fail. While it is true that the rate of RROD errors are dropping but it might bring other hardware failures to light such as the E74 that we never saw because the spot light was on the RROD.

Microsoft's official statement on the E74 error that they sent to Joystiq.com is:

"E74 is a general hardware error on Xbox 360 indicated by a single red flashing light in the Xbox Ring of Light and an error message visible on the television. This error is unrelated to the three flashing red lights error and there is not a single root cause. We encourage anyone who receives this error to contact Xbox Customer support through http://www.xbox.com/support or 1-800-4-MY-XBOX. The majority of customers who own Xbox 360 consoles continue to have a terrific experience from their first day, and continue to, day in and day out."

Sal0713 ]

lol this thread went from physX-technology to the new 360 error.

i mean NVIDIA is like ahead of its time, lol. Have you seen their 3d glasses? they already have 3d glasses that run 3D HD.....its crazy, Games like left for dead and crysis are compatible with them and it ran at 1080p. I mean in reality gaming shouldnt be about pretty graphics, but about awesome gameplay. Hopefully devs use physx wisely and not as a HYPE tool.

CDBS14 ]
Sal0713 ]

lol this thread went from physX-technology to the new 360 error.

i mean NVIDIA is like ahead of its time' date=' lol. Have you seen their 3d glasses? they already have 3d glasses that run 3D HD.....its crazy, Games like left for dead and crysis are compatible with them and it ran at 1080p. I mean in reality gaming shouldnt be about pretty graphics, but about awesome gameplay. Hopefully devs use physx wisely and not as a HYPE tool.

[/quote']

i checked the system requirement to play 3D and my computer can actually do it i just need the monitor and the glasses. lol.