UF Suggestions!

I didn't see a thread or forum for these Undertow, but I think it would be sweet to have some of these things...

- A UF Tac Map Tourney that is drawn up with a Draft. What happens is we have 16 captains. Those 16 captains must select 20 gunners to run with them. It would go in NFL draft format. Maybe not a TacMap tourney, but something along those lines I think would be sweet.

- UF All-Star Game! The captains would be the 1st and 2nd place team after this TacMap. They would draft 18 members (3 Alternatives) each, and it would take place one week after the end of this touranment.

That's all I got fellas!

The all-star game has been talked about multiple times before. I like the idea. I can't quite remember why it was scrapped though.

I like the other idea, but it'd be hard to get all the differenet players from different clans on the same page. That's why horsemen was such small teams. Easier to manage.

BigMoneyNacku ]

The all-star game has been talked about multiple times before. I like the idea. I can't quite remember why it was scrapped though.

I like the other idea, but it'd be hard to get all the differenet players from different clans on the same page. That's why horsemen was such small teams. Easier to manage.

That would make it much more fun, IMO. Teams wouldn't be as polished as TacMap teams. It would be organized chaos.

SplinterTheRat ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

That would make it much more fun, IMO. Teams wouldn't be as polished as TacMap teams. It would be organized chaos.

You rang lol

Sounds fun I don't know if it would work though

BigMoneyNacku ]

From what I remember, when I tried to organize one after the third or fourth tacmap tourney, it was a struggle to find a way to contact some of the clans that were eliminated earlier (the earlier tacmaps had no set week time limit) and/or determine who their "all stars" would be.

It's still a great idea, the one that we did have was hella fun.

SnowBud ]
SplinterTheRat ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

You rang lol

Sounds fun I don't know if it would work though

That was started back in GB. If GB can organize something like that and have it work successfully, I'm sure we can manage to do the same.

I've played in a few All-Star tourneys in the past, & the number one issue that comes up is that the people dont show, so you have to have many alternates.!!

Maybe if we had a UF.com All star game with just people from the site who are on top of all this kinds of stuff, with alternates, it would be much easier to do.

After thinking about it a bit more, the current UF format may actually lend itself better to a "All-Star" war then ever before.

- The war could be played on the rep meeting night (to avoid conflict with scheduled wars) at the mid-point of the Chain Reaction tournament (since with a set length, the mid-point can actually be defined). Having the war at the midpoint would make getting in touch with all clans involved easier (vs waiting till after the tournament is over). Another issue previously was that some clans disbanded before the All-Star war happened... with the advent of Hell Week, one would hope to assume clans disbanding on a whim would be less frequent than in times past.

- With 16 participating clans, each clan could nominate two players it considers "MVP's" to their success in the tournament, or even two members who they feel best represent their clan. The reps can be in charge of these nominations, pm'ing a staff member with a set deadline 1-2 weeks before the war. Come wartime two teams of 16 would be comprised of the selections, with the two members of each clan being split up 1 per side (unless a draft method is chosen).

- The clan with the most territories in Chain Reaction could have it's two members considered "Captains", who could either pick teams playground style, or just be considered leaders for the war, if picking teams is deemed too complicated. If a traditional three map war is played, the captains could be responsible for picking their team's map. The tiebreaker would be crossroads, cause it's the shit.

- Post-war, the winning team could have their names listed in the UF HoF, and maybe Graphics god Sniper could make 'em a team avatar or mini sig bar declaring their success.

Just some thoughts, but the idea is definately work-able. Getting this going would only give UF even more distinction from the other/lesser communities out there... and it'd be a nice bonus (possibly even incentive) for clans who pony up for the pay-tournies.

Chili-Palmer ]

I've played in a few All-Star tourneys in the past, & the number one issue that comes up is that the people dont show, so you have to have many alternates.!!

Maybe if we had a UF.com All star game with just people from the site who are on top of all this kinds of stuff, with alternates, it would be much easier to do.

Not a bad idea. Another would be to select the all star teams and then have the leaders of the clans notify their members, who were selected, that they have 72 hours to sign up (if not already) here at UF.com and report for duty at the "All-Star selection/reporting for duty" thread. If this is not taken care of then the alternates step in with the same 72 hour window. The day after those two, three day, windows will be the All Star game itself regardless of how many we have. If the teams are lopsided then we will adjust them accordingly.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]
RNG187 ]

organized chaos sounds fun, would that mean you'd have to use chaos tactics? ;):-*

Nice RNG187 Please wait by your PS3 for your creativity prize ;) It'll be there shortly. Don't mind the sound of the black helicopters.

prize? oohhh, last prize i got i had to unwrap w/my teeth. ;)

RNG187 ]
Sgt.JoeFriday ]
RNG187 ]

organized chaos sounds fun, would that mean you'd have to use chaos tactics? ;):-*

Nice RNG187 Please wait by your PS3 for your creativity prize ;) It'll be there shortly. Don't mind the sound of the black helicopters.

Was that the cockmeat samich?

Playerdown ]
RNG187 ]
Sgt.JoeFriday ]
RNG187 ]

Was that the cockmeat samich?

yeah, but it was hand delivered ;)

I have a suggestion. If MAG turns out to be good, and you can actually play in one room with 256 players, UF has to come up with a way to have competitions like that. I have an idea of how to do that.

Have two MAG arena's of competition.

1. Single clan only. Max 20 vs 20 wars. Normal UF formats in Black and Tac Map.

2. Full out assault wars up to 256 players per match. UF clans can form alliances into a single team or "company" and compete that way. Since I doubt any clan is going to maintain more than 128 active players themselves. 3 or 4 clans can form one company for a massive war once a week. Also, one of our "company's" could challenge clans from other tournament sights for bragging rights wars, all in good fun.

#2 would be off the chain kind of sick....

WEED-NAZI ]

maybe with all your thought someone can come up with some alternate themes ,i know we have great ones in place already,but this allstar stuff just sounds fun but in reality no one is gonna want to give up any tactics,so a serious game would be out of the question

All Star games are always just for fun.. and usually do not dissappoint.!! ;) ;D

I personally think we need a COD tourney badly. Whether its a smaller tourney for xbox maybe a 4v4 or something for ps3. I've been waiting for vintage for awhile and no word yet. I was hoping it would be a COD tourney. COD : WAW and K2 has more clans in general that play it. I'm not talking about the community but in general might be a good opportunity to recruit more clans to UF too. We have at least 10-12 guys on a bad night... again thats a bad night for COD.