Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Teaser Trailer

IRISH BULL ]

That trailer is about as informative as the new Modern Warfare 2 trailer. ::)

actually it was better, im praying this thing is more like battlefield2 than bad company1, i mean they didnt put in any jokes or part of the first bad company in this one..............BUT BATTLEFIELD3 IS WHAT I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ups the Destruction

A first-look at Battlefield Bad Company 2's gameplay reveals a lot more destruction, an icy setting and plenty of gun play.

Last week, DICE gave a slew of reporters an early look at the gameplay for their upcoming destructive shooter Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Senior producer Patrick Bach warned that the gameplay we saw that night was from "quite an early build." The game was developed using the Frostbite engine and features more destruction. in fact destruction 2.0, than the original title, he said.

They only showed single player that night, but they plan to show multiplayer at E3.

We watched as a developer played through a chunk of the game. The level opened on an undisclosed snowy setting in Alaska, with men running across a frozen lake toward a small village that has been occupied by Russian troops.

The player ran through the town, stopping behind cover to take out enemy units until bullets chipped away at his protection and he was forced to move.

At one point, the player ran into a house, firing off shots from a window. An enemy with a rocket launcher fired at the developer, missing him but blowing down the wall of the house he was in.

As the player moved through the town, some enemy tanks rolled onto the scene and he called in air support.

As the bombs exploded, the screen filled with smoke. As it dissipated, you could see the remains of the flattened tanks. Nearby buildings, hit not with the bombs, but still blasted by the concussion, crumble into the road leaving a scene of detailed devastation.

After fighting through the town, the developer jumped into the back of a truck to chase down retreating units. The game shifts from shooter to rail shooter as he starting picking off ATVs chasing the truck along the snow-packed road. Occasionally, an attack helicopter zips in and out of sight, firing on the truck.

Bach said the game will feature new weapons and new gadgets, but will still work on the basic rock, paper, scissor premise in battle.

IRISH BULL ]

I gotta be honest, I'm looking forward to Battlefield:1943. I like DL versions of games. I'm waiting for SOCOM to be on sale so I have it in my library.

dont get it 1943 is like a joke of 1942. its like 12v12 at most compared to the old 64v64. Only 3 or 4 classes which is crazy and like 3 classic maps. Completely sent the franchise backwards instead of forwards.

Chili-Palmer ]

What i meant was that 2142 was the sequel to 1942.. not that it was new.. lol

I never even heard of 1943.

ahhh, BF doesnt really have sequels as there is no story mode. But 1943 is a download, basically a remake of 1942 with team fortress style graphics and the classic maps from BF1942 like wake island. The thing is, that 1943 is a dumbed down version of BF, it shouldnt even have the BF logo on it.

Oh wait... did I see a prone sniper?

One of my biggest gripes with BF:BC was the lack of prone.

I liked the first installment, along with the lack of prone, I hated the "squad only" chat and the random squads. More clan support and a better voice chat system are needed.

I won't be pre-ordering BF:BC2 though.

bizzyb0t ]

Oh wait... did I see a prone sniper?

One of my biggest gripes with BF:BC was the lack of prone.

I liked the first installment, along with the lack of prone, I hated the "squad only" chat and the random squads. More clan support and a better voice chat system are needed.

I won't be pre-ordering BF:BC2 though.

see BF2 and 2142 had great squad support and chat options. IDK why DICE messed up so ba don bad company.