Patch 1.42

BigMoneyNacku ]

I haven't seen anything that those guys said, but I have lost sound twice in two hours. A few other guys in this room said they have also. So far that is the only thing I've noticed.

This issue has been around for a while, perhaps this patch made it worse. I had this issue frequently until I disabled DTS sound. The PS3 defaults to DTS sound (via the optical out) if it's enabled. Since I've been using the Dolby Surround and haven't had an issue since disabling DTS in the Sound Settings.

This also worked when I was just using sound through the TV via HDMI.

bizzyb0t ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

I haven't seen anything that those guys said, but I have lost sound twice in two hours. A few other guys in this room said they have also. So far that is the only thing I've noticed.

This issue has been around for a while, perhaps this patch made it worse. I had this issue frequently until I disabled DTS sound. The PS3 defaults to DTS sound (via the optical out) if it's enabled. Since I've been using the Dolby Surround and haven't had an issue since disabling DTS in the Sound Settings.

Good information. I've been having trouble with my surround sound and its optical. Let me give it a try.

I have this problem too using the dmi through the TV.

All I do is when I lose sound is change to a channel on TV wait for the sound then change it back to the game and I'm able to hear everything again. If your running it through you stereo surround sound just change it to a radio station then change it back. I've been doing this and the sound always came back.

Just my input on how I fix it when I play.

bizzyb0t ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

I just noticed this advice. I lost sound for the first time since the patch and noticed my receiver flashing different functions. If I disable the DTS and use Dolby Surround, does that reduce my sound quality?

I guess its a small price to pay for sound, but its kinda of bullshit I have to do this for SOCOM. When no other game has ever dropped the sound.

I have a problem when I am running through my sound system I loose sound all I do is switch it from Surround to tv thern back. I have a buttopn that allows me to switch back and forth from my sound system to the TV with out messing with teh TV at all so I don't loose any sights I may have on a guy lol.

IRISH BULL ]
bizzyb0t ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

I just noticed this advice. I lost sound for the first time since the patch and noticed my receiver flashing different functions. If I disable the DTS and use Dolby Surround, does that reduce my sound quality?

I guess its a small price to pay for sound, but its kinda of bullshit I have to do this for SOCOM. When no other game has ever dropped the sound.

I don't think that it'll reduce your sound quality. DTS is just another way to deliver surround sound.

From what I can tell, lots of people seem to be losing sound in 32-player Fallen maps. I then joined a respawn room that was all Fallen and lost my sound!! Makes me wonder what the cause is... I've never had an issue with sound until this 1.42 patch, even with DTS disabled.

After more research into this, I'm beginning to think this patch fucked the sound up in this game, causing more people to lose sound with increased frequency.