Electronic Cigarettes (aka "Personal Vaporizers")

For those of us who smoke or know people who smoke.

Wikipedia article (though the images are somewhat dated): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-cigs

The largest e-cig forum: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com

Good place to get one from: http://www.vaporguys.com (this is where I bought mine from)

The specific model I use: http://joyetech.com/ProductsView.Asp?id=56

Also, tons of videos on YouTube.

So anyway. Just thought I'd share. I know that a lot of people who smoke, don't smoke in the house and those that do, are clogging up their PS3 with the smoke. Anyway, since I started "vaping" (as opposed to smoking), I haven't smoked an "analog" cigarette yet. I don't even crave one. This is the first thing that's worked, and I've tried, quitting "cold turkey", hypnosis, pills like Chantix, patches, gums and inhalers... nothing's worked up to this point except this electronic cigarette. I'm trying to get my father-in-law to switch to these e-cigs because he's got emphysema and COPD and needs oxygen. He just can't quit smoking those cancer sticks, and after 55 years of smoking, it's killing him.

Besides the obvious health issues, there's other reasons to "vape" instead of "smoke". The vapor doesn't stink-- it has just slight scent of whatever flavor of the liquid you use, there's tons of flavors. No raunchy smoke smell, no ashes, no fire, no stale smoke smell on your clothes, etc, etc. Another reason to try something like this, is that hefty tax hike on tobacco here in the US, come April 1st.

The model that I use, is referred to as a "Super-Mini" style, it looks enough like a cigarette that it can pass as one if someone glances at it. There's many different styles and models though, even "pipe styles" and "lady pipe style" and even "e-cigars" that look like fat stogies.

Is anyone else here a "vaper" by any chance?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a called this place this morning. It seems to be the real deal. After talking with him, for someone who smokes a pack a day would pay about 54 a month.

Thats 4 bottles of 15ml. (You would use one a week)

The cartage Would would replace once a month. These are 8.99

Atomizer also once a month. This is 3.99

Then the batterires you would replace once every three months. 14.99

The starter kit comes with everything/ But he suggest you buy 1 bottle. Then the next month start ordering the stock.

For me with the cigarette tax I would pay 104.00 a month. So much health er and cheaper....

I should be getting mine in the next two days...

On March 27, 2009, Health Canada issued an advisory against electronic cigarettes. The advisory stated "Although these electronic smoking products may be marketed as a safer alternative to conventional tobacco products and, in some cases, as an aid to quitting smoking, electronic smoking products may pose risks such as nicotine poisoning and addiction."[6]

Playerdown ]

On March 27, 2009, Health Canada issued an advisory against electronic cigarettes. The advisory stated "Although these electronic smoking products may be marketed as a safer alternative to conventional tobacco products and, in some cases, as an aid to quitting smoking, electronic smoking products may pose risks such as nicotine poisoning and addiction."[6]

I chew and smoke at the same time, so Im already addicted like a mofo.

I also chew smoke, and wear the patch occasionally, so If Ima get poisoned, it'll be that way.

Tool_Minion ]
Playerdown ]

I chew and smoke at the same time, so Im already addicted like a mofo.

I also chew smoke, and wear the patch occasionally, so If Ima get poisoned, it'll be that way.

Hmmm.... chew, smoke, grain alcohol, drugs, loose women, shitty foods. You're gonna be dead by 40, so i say "smoke away" ;)

I USUALLY don't imbibe grain alcohol. ONLY before Gametime on Sunday's. That's once a week, for 18 weeks. I take the rest of the year OFF.

I only have sex with women my wife lets me. Except for TJ, and well we ALL have had a TJ prostitute, right?!

I don't do drugs. I smoke a lil reefer. It is not a drug.

So, I may actually live to see 45. Ima try the e-cig. ;)

Tool_Minion ]

I USUALLY don't imbibe grain alcohol. ONLY before Gametime on Sunday's. That's once a week, for 18 weeks. I take the rest of the year OFF.

I only have sex with women my wife lets me. Except for TJ, and well we ALL have had a TJ prostitute, right?!

I don't do drugs. I smoke a lil reefer. It is not a drug.

So, I may actually live to see 45. Ima try the e-cig. ;)

Whatever.. ::) I know your wife is looking over your shoulder. Carry on.

Neoblackhound ]

Im glad I don't smoke it just seems nothing but trouble' date=' from cigs to things that try and make you quite to this whole new addiction just a waste.

[/quote']

Nothin personal Neo, but smokers don't give a rat's ass what non-smokers think. :-*

The fact is, starting to smoke was in fact a bad choice. I can't take that back. What I CAN do, is try to fix it.

Im ALREADY addicted, so it isn't a new addiction. It's an opportunity.

Tool_Minion ]

The fact is, starting to smoke was in fact a bad choice. I can't take that back. What I CAN do, is try to fix it.

Im ALREADY addicted, so it isn't a new addiction. It's an opportunity.

TRUFAX.

Yeah, nicotine is a poison. Yeah, it's addictive. Fact is, when you're a smoker, you get poisoned but tons of other things along with your nicotine. And since it's not the nicotine that gives you cancer but the OTHER shit that's in a cig, why not switch to something that has the thing that you're addicted to anyway and cut out all the bad crap.

"Why don't you just quit instead of smoking 'fake' cigarettes?" Is a common question, especially from non-smokers. If ONLY is was that easy. Starting smoking is probably the WORST decision I've ever made. Then I found myself stuck with this addiction. Lots of times I told myself, "I can quit any time I want to, I just don't want to!".

I just feel that something like this is gonna save someone from cancer. It's going to be the reason someone quits.