Electronic Cigarettes (aka "Personal Vaporizers")

Well, today is my first day being smoke free. I'm ready to kill someone. If it doesn't take this time I might look into this. I've been smoking for tooo fucking long and I'm sick of it all. The smell of my clothes, the hacking up a lung every morning, spending money I could be spending on weed, the works. Problem is I like smoking. :P

This first day has been better so far than the last few times I tried to quit. Maybe I really am done with it this time. Time will tell.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BigMoneyNacku ]

Well, today is my first day being smoke free. I'm ready to kill someone. If it doesn't take this time I might look into this. I've been smoking for tooo fucking long and I'm sick of it all. The smell of my clothes, the hacking up a lung every morning, spending money I could be spending on weed, the works. Problem is I like smoking. :P

This first day has been better so far than the last few times I tried to quit. Maybe I really am done with it this time. Time will tell.

I like smoking too. That's why I think that none of the other solutions worked for me. I've told myself that I need to quit for so long but after so many failed attempts, it gets discouraging. But now after finding something that looks and feels like smoking, I think I got my tobacco habit under control. Two months so far, tobacco free!

I to hate the stink of cigarettes but not more than my wife who has never smoked. Heh, now I don't need to hear her complain about my "ashtray mouth" anymore. Another thing that's been an odd side effect... I can smell and taste things better since I quit the analogs. I ended up deodorizing my van because it stank and I didn't realize it. Thank God for Febreeze!

And Chili is right... one is all it takes before your right back on the cancer sticks! for me that "one" is usually around others who are smoking while we're drinking.

Also, the Volcano is an awesome device ;D

Tool I have done it before I just don't find it to appealing, truthfully it makes me feel like crap.

It just seems like its replacing the old addiction with a new one, its like your doing one so you don't do the other I don't it just seems its another thing to buy hopefully you guys get over this.

Neoblackhound ]

Tool I have done it before I just don't find it to appealing' date=' truthfully it makes me feel like crap.

It just seems like its replacing the old addiction with a new one, its like your doing one so you don't do the other I don't it just seems its another thing to buy hopefully you guys get over this.

But you see, that's exactly the point. Replacing one thing that is killing you to something that isn't. And for so many reasons.

What type of e-cig did you own before? I see that your only 20 years old so you really couldn't have been smoking very long. I think that e-cigs work really well but work when all the other options have been tried and haven't worked. Seeing as how young you are, I highly doubt you've tried all the other option that are out there. It sucks that it made you feel like crap but there's no way in hell it made you feel worse than smoking cigarettes. As for it being another thing to buy, well, you must not be familiar with how much cigarettes and the related health issues cost. I think that e-cigs by far are more economical in place of analogs. And if you have managed to try all the options out there to quit smoking (assuming you had trouble quitting) the you'd know that the other options are very expensive. If you're rich or have your parents pay for that stuff for you, then perhaps the economical aspect would be confusing. Gaming for instance can be seen as "just something else to buy" but yet here we are "wasting money" on what amounts to a hobby. Buying something for (responsible) health reasons really can't be faulted in light of that, right?

And smoking isn't something you "get over", lol. If you've ever dealt with any addiction, you know that it's there forever, always niggling in the back of your mind, the temptation always there. If quitting smoking was easy, the tobacco companies would have been out of business a long time ago. At least this way, you can battle your nicotine addiction or give into it-- while not killing yourself.

For those that don't see the logic, well-- I'm sorry.

And to be clear, I'm not suggesting anyone pick up e-cigs if you're a non-smoker (or non-tobacco user) as that would be utterly stupid.

I didn't mean e-sigs lol I meant real sigs. You see you didn't pay attention to my post what I was talking about when I said I have tried them I was talking about cigarettes. Tool was talking about how I was a none smoker I was just saying I tried it before I smoked 3 one after another in less then a half hour once, I have smoked maybe a pack my lifetime and that was cuz I felt like trying them. When I was saying its a waste I meant the entire thing from cigs to patch to e-sigs.

BigMoneyNacku ]

Well, today is my first day being smoke free. I'm ready to kill someone. If it doesn't take this time I might look into this. I've been smoking for tooo fucking long and I'm sick of it all. The smell of my clothes, the hacking up a lung every morning, spending money I could be spending on weed, the works. Problem is I like smoking. :P

so keep an open mind here.. but i smoked a pack + a day for 12 years.. in 2004 my wife got pregnant and she a smoker of 8 years stopped for the health of our baby. she nagged and nagged at me to quit and told me almost on the hour how bad i stunk and how i should consider my sons health... well about 12 months later my son had arrived and was about 3 months old my mom works at a spa and informed me that they had an accupuncturist who might be able to help me quit... long story short i smoked like normal up till the morning of my apt.. i had 3 sessions over 7 days and i have never thought about lighting up since... that was on 2005.

True story so maybe something to look into if your really ready to quit

inadub ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Well, today is my first day being smoke free. I'm ready to kill someone. If it doesn't take this time I might look into this. I've been smoking for tooo fucking long and I'm sick of it all. The smell of my clothes, the hacking up a lung every morning, spending money I could be spending on weed, the works. Problem is I like smoking. :P

so keep an open mind here.. but i smoked a pack + a day for 12 years.. in 2004 my wife got pregnant and she a smoker of 8 years stopped for the health of our baby. she nagged and nagged at me to quit and told me almost on the hour how bad i stunk and how i should consider my sons health... well about 12 months later my son had arrived and was about 3 months old my mom works at a spa and informed me that they had an accupuncturist who might be able to help me quit... long story short i smoked like normal up till the morning of my apt.. i had 3 sessions over 7 days and i have never thought about lighting up since... that was on 2005.

True story so maybe something to look into if your really ready to quit

I had heard good things about acupuncture. I knew someone who was able to get her lifelong chronic migraines cured by it. My only reason for never trying it was I'm afraid of needles. It's embarrassing to say this but I nearly faint every time I need to give blood. I'd be trying some acupuncture to lose weight as well, if I had the guts.

HusH- ]

Can someone post information on this Volcano? I just looked it up on Ebay, found it for 600 bucks? Is that the one? Geez. I want one but damn....

Yes its real, most are that expensive, you can find a used one cheaper or go to their website, they offer different models. You won't need the digital one.

http://www.thevolcanovaporizer.com/index.php

Neoblackhound ]

I didn't mean e-sigs lol I meant real sigs. You see you didn't pay attention to my post what I was talking about when I said I have tried them I was talking about cigarettes. Tool was talking about how I was a none smoker I was just saying I tried it before I smoked 3 one after another in less then a half hour once' date=' I have smoked maybe a pack my lifetime and that was cuz I felt like trying them. When I was saying its a waste I meant the entire thing from cigs to patch to e-sigs.

[/quote']

that doesn't make you a smoker lol. this thread has no place for non-smokers and their opinions on this really..

I never said I was a smoker I said I have tried it before. Stop saying things I haven't even said.

This thread is in a public forum in the area to talk about ps3 gaming I can post here if I want. I can give my general opinion on anything just like everyone else.

Maybe Tow or someone can make a area on the site for people with health issues or aa meeting type of things( no this isn't a joke) but until then I will post how I feel about smoking period. Im not trying bring you guys cuz you smoke its your choice.

LMAO. I pack in your WHOLE life. Then you said you smoked 3 in 30 min. I wonder why you felt sick... ::)

I think your touching a soft spot in smokers. The guy how posted this was "helping" other smokers. AS a smoker, I like my nicotine. Nicotine is not what causes cancer, it is all the poisons in the tobacco. So if you can bypass this, why not? Maybe this might help you understand why so many of us are interested in this:

http://www.quit.org.au/article.asp?ContentID=6577

I myself am glad your not a smoker. I dont think anyone should ever pick it up. But coming in here to Brag about it and thinking you have all the answers, Nobody wants to hear it. We dont need AA for our smoking habit. Hell is there even one for cigs?

My E-Cig should be here 2moro. I cant wait. But I would love it if someone has a CHEAP volcano for sale...

LOL I say smoke if you want to. Anything you inhale (other than clean air) is not good for you. If you like to vaporize your shit- Then do it.

If you want to stop smoking then stop- Yes, if you are strong minded and strong willed it IS that easy... If a man can cut off his own leg with a pocket knife and crawl 10 miles to live- Then you CAN overcome a any addiction- IF you WANT to.

I smoke. I smoke for several months then I stop for a year or 2....

Coffee on the other hand- That shit has me locked lol I need a patch for that shit.

Woot! startbucks patch- Sid becomes rich over night.

Neo, if you haven't had an addiction to cigarettes it's pretty shitty of you to negate someone else's.

I had a problem with coke, stopped with no problems.

Problem with booze. Stopped no problem.

Caffiene. No problem.

I smoke a ton of weed, but stop whenever I want with no problems.

Cigarettes are an entirely diferent beast. Part of it is just like Sid said. I have never really want to quit. I fucking like smoking!! But it's time to give it up. So here I go for real this time.

UNCLE-SID25 ]

Woot! startbucks patch- Sid becomes rich over night.

I could use one, just so i dont have to go into Starbucks. lol

Prane, you quit..? :o (good job)

Guys, I am trying to get the info for the vapor/eCig thingy, but my buddy isn't the quickest with internet, so i told him to register on Gamelobby, & i told him to send me a PM with all the details.. He DID register, but i didn't have a new PM in my inbox. lol

I will post it as soon as i get the info.!!

Vapor Guys.....Mini Cigarette, this one ... http://www.vaporguys.com/e-cigarette_kits/mini_ecigarettes.html

So far so good, the taste is a little off, but it seems to work as advertised, I'll let you know when I have a little more time with it. I could defiantly use some of the nicer soundings flavors, all I have now is the regular it came with.

Chili-Palmer ]

Here is my friends info if anyone is still interested.

His name is Ian, but we call him Ibbo

Either go to the website http://www.smoke-ecigs.com

Email info@smoke-ecigs.com or call me at 617-233-6235

HOLY SHIT! $139.00 for a kit that sells for less than a less than half of that on most other sites? Geez Louise! :o

Those kits should really be only about $60 -- If I was an e-cig n00b, I'd probably fall for that but they are charging WAY too much! All there prices seem horribly inflated.

Here's some US sellers that have decent prices for comparison:

PureSmoker.com

TrueVapor.com

VaporGuys.com

ElectronicStix.com

DietSmokes.com

And for direct customer information regarding the above sellers, just visit the

E-Cigarette-Forum.com and ask around. You'll find that the notion of a seller with kits for a $139 price tag is completely nuts. Also, on the ECF forums you can chat directly with the sellers who are active on the forums and get feedback right there on the forums as well. What I've found after considerable research, is that the ECF forum is the best and most comprehensive single source of information for e-cigs on the internet.

FEAR_WADE ]

Vapor Guys.....Mini Cigarette, this one ... http://www.vaporguys.com/e-cigarette_kits/mini_ecigarettes.html

So far so good, the taste is a little off, but it seems to work as advertised, I'll let you know when I have a little more time with it. I could defiantly use some of the nicer soundings flavors, all I have now is the regular it came with.

Look into ordering some e-liquid, it's WAY cheaper than carts. It's used for refilling cartridges and for "dripping". Those sites I linked to above are good sources for the juice. Be sure to check out the ECF forums for more information, and a great place to ask questions. :D

I should note that I've personally bought from all those sellers. All have great prices, excellent customer service and fast shipping (I'm in Denver, btw).