From what I've seen on Socom.com, most people get on Socom between 9-12 PM EST (meaning up to midnight). People don't really get on during the day but once it gets late, everyone gets on.

Socom will never be like it used to be.. when you consider that Combined Assault had more people on than Confrontation on a daily basis, you know something is wrong.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

From what I've seen on Socom.com, most people get on Socom between 9-12 PM EST (meaning up to midnight). People don't really get on during the day but once it gets late, everyone gets on.

Socom will never be like it used to be.. when you consider that Combined Assault had more people on than Confrontation on a daily basis, you know something is wrong.

I remember logging in and seeing over 20,000 consistently every night. I liked it better than this pile too.

more people had ps2 then have ps3. but yea socom has fallen off alot. i dont get why because i really do feel that socom is the best game for clan support n people who want teamwork and skill driven game play. i guess people arent into that anymore. they would rather just respawn and fight aliens with a lazer gun. i think it would be really cool if they implemented a rpg leveling up aspect. like you creat your guy n he has a zero for each gun and as you use a gun more and more n get kills n headshots you level up ur ability with that gun.

CDBS14 ]

i got to disagree' date=' this graph basically shows the same people go online every day, the numbers barely change from day to day. Basically those 15000 are the 15000 die hard socom fans that have remained with the game.

Also KZ2 is a better clan game, just my opinion.

[/quote']You disagree with what?

And of course you think KZ2 is a better clan game. You have to. You hyped the game up so much that if you admitted it sucks, you'd be the biggest hypocrite in gaming history ;)

xViCaRiouSx ]

more people had ps2 then have ps3. but yea socom has fallen off alot. i dont get why because i really do feel that socom is the best game for clan support n people who want teamwork and skill driven game play. i guess people arent into that anymore. they would rather just respawn and fight aliens with a lazer gun. i think it would be really cool if they implemented a rpg leveling up aspect. like you creat your guy n he has a zero for each gun and as you use a gun more and more n get kills n headshots you level up ur ability with that gun.

Sounds like private rooms on Call of Duty is your game.!! ;)

I remember 50,000 on Socom 2 during its prime.

And no, those numbers do NOT include both PS3/360 World at War. That's Xbox only at 4 AM EST. 60,000 people in the middle of the night compared to Confrontations 16,000 during peak hours.

During peak hours, World at War, Halo 3 and Modern Warfare all have upwards of 250,000 on at once, on 360 only. Imagine if you put PS3+360 numbers. Last week I got on Halo and there was over 300,000 people on at once.

Socom had the potential to get.. higher numbers than what it has now. I'm not saying it would ever get the 250,000 people like those games, but it had the potential to be the premiere PS3 online game

Socom was the only good tactical shooter for the PS2 (argue if you will). It was the 1st online shooter that drew in numbers on the PS2.

I am happy they made confrontation- Just not happy with the result... Hell if I slapped a socom lable on one of 4 other games that are out right now- NO ONE would be playing confrontation.

I mean lets review this (since we have a little chart and and all)-

We have over 117 clans (active with more than 5 members registered) here in UF- Thats not counting any clan not active or has less than 5 members.

So when you take into account that on average those clans have say 10 members on average (a conservative number)- The UF community represents roughly 10% of the active socom community... Or at least has it voice heard by them.

Kinda crazy.

UNCLE-SID25 ]

Socom was the only good tactical shooter for the PS2 (argue if you will). It was the 1st online shooter that drew in numbers on the PS2.

I am happy they made confrontation- Just not happy with the result... Hell if I slapped a socom lable on one of 4 other games that are out right now- NO ONE would be playing confrontation.

I mean lets review this (since we have a little chart and and all)-

We have over 117 clans (active with more than 5 members registered) here in UF- Thats not counting any clan not active or has less than 5 members.

So when you take into account that on average those clans have say 10 members on average (a conservative number)- The UF community represents roughly 10% of the active socom community... Or at least has it voice heard by them.

Kinda crazy.

That is crazy. To much math for me though. lol

lX-LUCIFER-Xl ]

there are more things to condier ...

there were a lot more ps2s than ps3s, there are more 360's than ps3s.

maybe the fact that there are fewer people playing the game (socom) is the fact that sony is losing the battle to microsoft?

That statement will take us way of the topic of the graph but here we go-

You are looking at "the console war" with blinders on. Game sells are fine and dandy... But an evolution in movie and storage formate will out last the life and sales of any console.

Does it mean the xbox is a better playing console (that can be argued given its track record with quality controll in the hardware section)- No. But it sells more games and units ATM.

Is the PS3 a better console- (it can be argued that there are not as many games or sales for the Sony machine)-No. But it has done what it was designed to do- Win the the format war (which is MUCH larger than any trendy game sales).

Take a step back and look at the big picture:

Sony= 24.34 a share @ 3pm today

Microsoft= 18.37 a share @ 3pm today

Games out sell movies by far..!

US Games Sales Overtake DVD Market in 2007

by Chris Faylor Jul 02, 2008 12:36pm CST tags: Hollywood, Software Sales, Hardware Sales, NPD

Sales of video games in the United States surpassed those of DVD movies during 2007, the Entertainment Merchants Association and GameSpot report.

Across 2007, the US gaming market brought in $18.85 billion according to NPD. Meanwhile, Nielsen reports that DVD sales racked up $16 billion, and the Digital Entertainment Group shows Hollywood's 2007 box office revenue at $9.6 billion.

However, as we noted last August, the claim that video games pull in more money than Hollywood is only true from a certain point of view. While games surpassed both DVD sales and box office revenue, combined, those figures appear to overshadow gaming.

Then again, those numbers don't paint a complete picture of the rivalry between Tinsel Town and games. NPD's 2007 figure for the gaming industry doesn't include titles sold via digital distribution or online game subscriptions, such as World of Warcraft.

Though movie rentals brought in around $7.4 billion during 2007, no figures are available regarding game rentals. Furthermore, neither used games sales nor used DVDs are included in the equation. And these are only figures for the US market.

Despite the gaps, hope still exists for a more complete view of the long-standing rivalry. NPD recently began tracking game subscriptions, finding an extra $1 billion in games revenue in just the first quarter of 2008.

But i hear what you're saying SiD. it is the only real way to try to compare is by share value.. since both companies have computer related revenue, & MANY other things that add to the equation..

But if you want to try to just compare console wars.. that is not easy at all. (but share value is cetainly not going to give anywhere near real facts)

Xbox has more consoles out, but has 1 year of sales over PS3.. So the only REAL way to compare that is to look at where each one was at a certain amount of time from release dates.!! (units sold in 1st year, 2nd year, etc..)

DVD prices have dropped consistently each year while video games have risen. If you looked at units I bet you would be shocked to learn sales have increased dynamically. However when we look at dollars it proves my point that blue ray is encroaching in dvd market share.

Yes- and the next microsoft hardware will use blue ray (unless some kind of cloud servers take over the consol market in 3 years- which I doubt).

I am talking long term- You are talking THIS genration of consoles.

Lets reflect long term- Past, present and future. Then take a look at it and let me know who won or is winning. 8)

I believe xbox and 360 have a ways to go to ever catch PS1, PS2 sales. Then when you hit the game store or computer store in 3 years to pick up a game let me know what format its on... Have you purchased a computer lately? Bet it has a blue ray player.

Keep an eye on Nvidia- as companies such as Adobe, Google, Microsoft, and Electronic Arts jump on their bandwagon you will see blueray take a nice partnership in 3 years to make AFFORDABLE consoles with crazy specs popping up IMO.

Oh for sure..

I have pretty much stopped buying DVD's unless it is real cheap and NOT graphically intense.. any really good movies that have very good graphics.. im waiting to buy on Blu-Ray. ;D

Its definitely set that Blu-Ray is going to be the next.. (hell not going to be IT IS) video format.!