Hey guys I know there was a post about these and a comparison of some. I am on my cell posting this since i dont have a computer so it is hard to navigate. So what I am asking is can you guys recomend some good to great headsets for my phone and even ps3. I heard that the jawbone was good and some others that i cant remember right now but can you guys suggest some for me? I want something that is comfortable to wear for extended amounts of time.

thanks

I've got the official one made for the PS3, and have had no trouble with it. I like the fact that it has a mute button, and have never been uncomfortable when wearing it. Not sure on cell phone compatibility though, to be honest.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/03/official-bluetooth-headset-for-the-playstation-3/

I have heard great things about Jawbone, my buddy has one and said it's the clearest one he has ever owned, but expensive. I have had good experience with Jabra BT's and I use the Sony one for Socom, my Jabra may be better though. Before I had the Sony one I used my Jabra for my cell phone and PS3 without any issues.

I posted one last year some time reviewing several (and I believe someone else made a post more recently as well).

Over all I have tried many high end, along with lower value pieces. Jaw bone is the best for clarity, long wear times and battery life IMO

I have about 6 headsets- Having those I actually use the PS3 one pretty frequently with the PS3. Its a good buy for the money and I like how when you turn it on the PS3 registers it and see's it vs having to go turn it on manually with other brands. Maybe its just me though- That fuckn thing hurts my damn ear after a few hours. That and you might look pretty damn geeky sportin a PS3 mic while you at the mall etc lol

UNCLE-SID25 ]

That and you might look pretty damn geeky sportin a PS3 mic while you at the mall etc lol

Agreed on the logo bit. But I'm also one of those (probably in the minority) who think that walking around the mall by yourself talking out loud without an actual phone next to your ear looks odd anyway.

I myself have a Jabra BT, the official PS3 mic, and a Motorola. i am very partial to the Motorola as the earpiece doesnt actually have to be inserted in your ear therefore minimizing the discomfort. We all know how the PS3 one gets pretty uncomfortable inserted into your ear after a few hours. As for the Jawbone..... I have heard nothing but great stuff about it if you are willing to pay fairly big bucks for one. But apparently they are worth the money.

personally, i really like the ps3 heaset that came with the game. The sound (High Quality mode) is great, the mute button is nice, and having a battery meter on the screen is pretty cool too. I will say that an absolute MUST with it is to pick up a set of Jabra EarGels. They are little 'gummy' pieces that are shaped like the inside of your ear that funnel the sound right into you ear canal and comfortably keep the BT in your ear without that ring thing. I got a set of 3 (small, medium large) off of amazon for delivered for less than $10.

Well, for the inter-functionality, the PS3 Official headset is a clear winner. It also has a VERY loud speaker, probably the loudest of all the BT headsets I've ever owned. It's battery life is quite impressive as well. The Jabra Eargels are a great way to improve the comfort and fit, but they seem to muffle the sound a little bit.

If you get the Aliph Jawbone, DO NOT get the Jawbone 2, get the first one. The battery life SUCKS on the newer. It's smaller, and they made it bit more durable with the charging connector but the sound quality is the same, imho, and (I reiterate) the battery life blows compared to the first one.

I also second the motion for the Plantronics 510 Voyager. Great all-around.

All the Motorola ones I've tried with the exception of the H700 have been sorta crappy ans far as sound quality goes. Although my HS-850 and HS-800 from 5 years ago still works great.

SnowBud ]

I have heard great things about Jawbone, my buddy has one and said it's the clearest one he has ever owned, but expensive. I have had good experience with Jabra BT's and I use the Sony one for Socom, my Jabra may be better though. Before I had the Sony one I used my Jabra for my cell phone and PS3 without any issues.

I have the Jawbone2 and out of the 4 BT headsets I own, this one is the one that gets worn without 2nd guessing. I love the comfort and I like the look and I like how it makes me feel like Darth Vader all ninja'd out when I walk around with it on. People fear people wearing a Jawbone.

Get it.

It's hot.

;D

Undertow ]

People fear people wearing a Jawbone.

I am going to go buy another one so I can wear 2 at the same time ;D

I do have another headset- its called THE DRAGON. Sounds like it would look bad ass right? Nope it looks like you are wearing a small can of shoe polish on the side of your head... Cool thing is I can use it for 3 devices at one time (meaning I can be conected to my phone, the ps3 and my computer at the same time- Click the button on the side to cycle through them like they were on call waiting.) Its sound cancelling is crazy good- I also have a jawbone and its hard to say which is better for noise cancelling. Oh and if any of my friends have a dragon it can be switched to a 2 way bluetooth walkie talkie with out using any other device (great for paintball).

Jaw bone is the best over all.