Ok guys I'm in the market for a new Router since the one i have is obviously crapping out. Anyways I need help looking for an affordable wireless router that will work with any wireless adapter. I have 4 computers at home 3 desktop 1 laptop, and a PS3. Also my budget is $60.00 no more than that. SO PLEASE HELP!!! me? lol

I've had several dlinks as well, all crapped out after about 6 months or so. Linksys has been more reliable for me. You shouldn't need more than a wireless-g model. wireless-n is nice, it has added speed, but really unnecessary unless you game a lot on a pc. I think last linksys wireless-g I got at best buy, I got for around $50.

I am going to put my $.02 in.....

Now I am partial to LinkSys. They have really good hardware but their firmware is not the greatest. The good thing though is that there are 3rd party firmware's for wireless routers that is GREAT!!! Tomato and DD-WRT are two. The other good thing is that those firmwares can work on other brands too like D-Link or Buffalo.

I would stay away from NetGear!!!

D-Link and Buffalo have good equipment too.

With your requirements I would look in to something like this.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4387044&CatId=2796

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3797932&CatId=2667

Now it will be more then your $60 BUT with 5 devices, I don't know what is wireless, you need the extra ports a switch would provide. If you don't need all 4 ports then you can do without the switch for now.

Sal0713 ]
COWonCRACK ]

hmm. dont go wireless if you can help it. ;)

It can't be helped lol, 4 computers and a ps3 will do that to you, 1 pc in the living room, one in my room, and the 3rd in my sis room, and laptop well anywhere lol.

you need an N router. I got a netgear N router for 120 bucks, but that goes over your budget :-\

Nikastylez ]
MaluNYMets ]

I have a gaming D-Link it was good for like 6 months and now its crapping out.. always loses signals etc wtf.

dlink is wtf! lol... I've never had a dlink last me more than 6 months!

I have the cheapest D-link made. I paid $30 for it ant Target. I've had it for over a year now, and I haven't had one problem. (knock on wood...literally) I know people who have $150 Linksys who are always having problems. Now don't me wrong, I'm not recommending any of them. I'm an idiot when it comes to computer shit, but I think the whole picture has a lot to do with your wireless router.

Sal0713 ]

Ok guys I'm in the market for a new Router since the one i have is obviously crapping out. Anyways I need help looking for an affordable wireless router that will work with any wireless adapter. I have 4 computers at home 3 desktop 1 laptop, and a PS3. Also my budget is $60.00 no more than that. SO PLEASE HELP!!! me? lol

I've used a cheap $30 BELKIN F5D7230 for a few years with no issues: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833314006

bizzyb0t ]
Sal0713 ]

I've used a cheap $30 BELKIN F5D7230 for a few years with no issues: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833314006

hahaha dude that was my first router ever only lasted me for 3 months.

Anyways guys thanks for all the advice . I found a linksys in newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2002810145%2050001413&name=Linksys it seems very popular and worth buying it, and its in my budget range so i order it about 5 mins ago lol.

Sal0713 ]
bizzyb0t ]
Sal0713 ]

hahaha dude that was my first router ever only lasted me for 3 months.

Anyways guys thanks for all the advice . I found a linksys in newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2002810145%2050001413&name=Linksys it seems very popular and worth buying it, and its in my budget range so i order it about 5 mins ago lol.

It seems like with every router brand out there, for some its lasted years and for others, only a few months. Guess it all depends on luck. Hopefully, you'll get a router that will last you a long time!

Linksys has worked great for me for over 6 years.. i have had 2 of them due to my kid getting to the first one.. but all in all WRT54G has been extremely nice to me.. and i have had to help friends w/ other kinds.. d-link, belkin, etc... some have ended up working while others were returned... all in all a router should be a router.. but it seems as though some are a lil easier to configure then others.. good luck and let us know what you get.

inadub ]

Linksys has worked great for me for over 6 years.. i have had 2 of them due to my kid getting to the first one.. but all in all WRT54G has been extremely nice to me.. and i have had to help friends w/ other kinds.. d-link, belkin, etc... some have ended up working while others were returned... all in all a router should be a router.. but it seems as though some are a lil easier to configure then others.. good luck and let us know what you get.

have the same router and its been good to me as well. Been using it for over a year now.