OnLiveâ„¢: The Future of Online Gaming, is HERE!:

"FIRST" ~ Go here: http://www.onlive.com

'SECOND' ~ Listen to ME:

OnLive is launching the world’s highest performance Games On Demand service, instantly delivering the latest high-end titles over home broadband Internet to the TV and entry-level PCs and Macs. What was 'once' a problem with lagg, has now been 'licked'. There is no more than a 1 millisecond of lagg which you cannot even notice! The system was rebuilt from the ground up, and all the gaming takes place on the server, so your computer or connection has no effect on the gaming eperience...lagg is lost forever!

Service is available 'anytime you need it', and you can play the latest titles EITHER on your TV, PC or MAC! You simply:

• Connect to OnLive with your TV, PC or Mac and start a game
  • Your game runs in a state-of-the-art OnLive game server center
  • OnLive connects you to game servers through the Internet, instantly sending your controller actions upstream and the results back downstream at blinding fast speeds
  • Enjoy ultra high-performance gameplay on your TV or entry-level PC or Mac

You don't need to listen to me anymore...go get this shhhhhh! ;)

So let me get this straight, I can plug in the console to my TV, or PC.. and play video games.. Thats amazing.!? ::)

I dont get it, whats the big deal. Cant we do this already.?

Where is the REAL difference in this system.?

I think you guys are caught up in the hype or something, or are you saying that we can play exclusive games like Socom, Halo, Forza, Resistance, etc..!?

Your sales pitch doesn't seem to tell me much, or anything really innovative..? (especially the ones in Yellow)

- Connect to OnLive with your TV, PC or Mac and start a game

- Your game runs in a state-of-the-art OnLive game server center

- OnLive connects you to game servers through the Internet, instantly sending your controller actions

- upstream and the results back downstream at blinding fast speeds

- Enjoy ultra high-performance gameplay on your TV or entry-level PC or Mac

Either, you are caught up in the hype machine or I am missing something, cuz I guess i just dont get it..

Chili-Palmer ]

So let me get this straight, I can plug in the console to my TV, or PC.. and play video games.. Thats amazing.!? ::)

I dont get it, whats the big deal. Cant we do this already.?

Where is the REAL difference in this system.?

I think you guys are caught up in the hype or something, or are you saying that we can play exclusive games like Socom, Halo, Forza, Resistance, etc..!?

Your sales pitch doesn't seem to tell me much, or anything really innovative..? (especially the ones in Yellow)

- Connect to OnLive with your TV, PC or Mac and start a game

- Your game runs in a state-of-the-art OnLive game server center

- OnLive connects you to game servers through the Internet, instantly sending your controller actions

- upstream and the results back downstream at blinding fast speeds

- Enjoy ultra high-performance gameplay on your TV or entry-level PC or Mac

Either, you are caught up in the hype machine or I am missing something, cuz I guess i just dont get it..

CritiKiL ]

'SECOND' ...

It's all explained on the site...

CritiKiL ]
CritiKiL ]

'SECOND' ...

It's all explained on the site...

I went to the site FIRST, & watched the video.. that is why i said it doesn't seem like anything innovative.?

AND, NO it does not include exclusive games.. only multi-system games.!

Did you find something there that is so impressive..?

I really didn't..

Here is what i have concluded:

- You only need to carry a controller & a device to plug into the TV or monitor. (so you might as well carry your PS3/360)

- The Games are not exclusives (so you wont be getting anything outside of your current system anyway)

- The one thing i guess is the REAL difference is that you MIGHT not have to purchase the games, but rather be a subscriber, so any of their games are always on hand. (similar to gamefly only they are available right away)

So to me it is just another console that plays multi-system game titles on demand. - Thats the bottom line, you can sugar coat it all you want, but thats it. ;D

But just like it is now, if all of your friends are playing Socom, this is going to be just like that.. not being able to play with them. lol

This may help PS3 people play with Xbox people (and visa versa), but i just don't see that being a big draw.

Sorry if i sound like Debbie downer, but i worked in promotion for 8 years, & i can see thru things like this.

You have to look at it for what it is, not what they would have you believe.

Chill-Palmer: I guess my 'main' excitement about it, is that it will 'bridge' the gap between the Console Wars? 'That' (to me), is the Future of Online Gaming. It's not for sure if they will have exclusives or not, but I'm sure that people will be drawn to it by the mere fact that their buddies who love XBox will be able to play together.

I 'love' the idea (if it is all they say it's cracked up to be), that the lagg situation will not be prevalent! The games are 'server-side', so ALL OF OUR crappy connection speeds, are not a matter anymore! I'm also looking at the fact that we should be able to still play Socom, being that they say most of the titles WILL BE AVAILABLE. If 'that is the case', then it's just a wonderful thing!

Right now, I have ALL Consoles, and "was" going to fish out $2,500.00 for a Media Center PC just so that I could be able to have the availability of PC gaming experience in my media room, but if the 'OnLineâ„¢', is what it's supposed to be, then I won't have to do this! Even with the Consoles that I have now, I am always looking to see what games will be available for what console. 'SOCOM' is only for PS3, 'Modern Warfare 2 HALOâ„¢' is only for XBox, and etc. Does that NOT, sound like something to look forward to? I'm sure everyone see's the potential, I sure do. That's why I brought it up again though...

Well The future is bright in gaming for sure.. & there will be lots of changes in the next decade or so, but as far as this thing i don't see it working very well or becoming anything great any time soon.

Just a over hyped, game site/console (yahoo games) with very good game titles.!!

You still have to carry a controller around, & have to have a broadband connection.. (and a micro console. lol)

BUT.. Competition is always good for us "the consumer" but where ever you heard or read that exclusives would be included.. I am willing to bet had one hell of a big asterisk next to it. lol

Including exclusives *

If they are willing to let other media use it, why not let the competition use it. They would sell 100 times more.!

I hear you on the future of gaming, but if there is to be one single system that we can all play together, that just means more horrible games because there is no competition. :-\

Also if you got any money lying around & want to take a risk on a possibly HUGE investment.. this is probably a great place to put it. Someday they might be bigger than big.!!

PS. Did you say MW2 was xbox only..? (I'm guessing that was just a mistake, or did you hear that.?)

I read somewhere where it's said it (Modern Warfare 2), was going to only be available for Xbox. Don't quote me, and I'll go check it again...

No, that's not true. It will be on both consoles, as someone was only 'asking' if it was going to be on the Xbox...which was confirmed 'yes'. So I've just changed the example, from 'MW2' to 'Halo'! lol ;D

BEING IN THE "CLOUD" will enable cheap ass computers to be able to play higher end games such as crysis and the likes (is what they say)...

But to be honest I dont think broadband is reliable enough to support this at all (at least not what we would expect as avid gamers). We are talking the entire game play is fed to you with no disk information- In todays land O lag I dont see this being a reality for the likes of great games... If you add to that multiplayer games with high res- I dont care how much you compress it, it will not be smooth with 98% of todays broadband users.

Add to that- Cable, DSL companies are starting to rape and monitor your broadband usage with higher chargers and "pay as you use" type of shit- This will not work any time in the next 10 years.

Trust me the consol is here for another decade.

I think its a good step for certain areas of the gaming world..

I am a game design major which doesn't say much but i will be working with fields like this so in my eyes this is a good step for only certain areas. I think if you are playing online games with dedicated servers like World of Warcraft and games you pay a monthly subsription for it would make sense, but for games that you buy for the replay value this system maybe faulty.

An example is I waited 4 years for the Wii and didnt buy it. I waited for this system for one reason .. they stated at the e3 demoonstration when it was under a different name that you would be able to go in and download any game in history that was on previous Nintendo Systems well with the copyrights that third party companies have this was not true and for games like Chrono Trigger from what is now Square Enix this did not happen .. So instead of going in and downloading any game from the nintendo generation. You could only download what they released that week or month. Very Faulty disbeliefs led people to buy this system.

Now this system is a casual gaming system. I dont mind casual games but that is what is killing the design part of the gaming industry for the dedicated fans. Its like Guitar hero and Rock band.. Not bad games or Ideas but they will be a party favor and not be a traditional style that becomes a collectors item and will never go up in price or anything because everyone and his mother owns it.

For Casual gamers I believe this OnLive would be great but for dedicated gamers this is a very cloudy world for us and I would prefer to own the rights to download them yes but I would like the hard copy sitting on my shelf in case of system failure.. Backups are always the way to save a world!