I need help.. Probably the weirdest question ever on UF...

OK I think I got a skunk in my garage... Well I am pretty sure.. My garage has sensor so no one gets stuck under the door. I dropped my girl off at work opened my garage put the car in and as it was closing it went back up. I didn't think much of it since it has happened before. I smell it now in my garage and I hear the garbage ripping... What should I do? I left the door open right now its 3 AM. Hopefully it will leave.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Did it leave? Most animals will leave and can be ushered out as long as you don't threaten them. Keep your distance and get the car out. That's just what you want, scare the thing, it sprays and you have to drive a stink bomb. UNLESS you're trying to get a new car. Check your insurance, some "total" cars if they've been skunked. Cause that smell won't go anywhere.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

Pics or it didn't happen.

Did it leave? Most animals will leave and can be ushered out as long as you don't threaten them. Keep your distance and get the car out. That's just what you want, scare the thing, it sprays and you have to drive a stink bomb. UNLESS you're trying to get a new car. Check your insurance, some "total" cars if they've been skunked. Cause that smell won't go anywhere.

God damn. I just got the car like 11 months ago. I managed to get in the backseat and jump in and get the car out. There is still a smell I am guessing its hiding some where? or left when the garage was open? There was a garbage bag in there and it is ripped so either way it was def there.

Well I am looking around the internet for other stories. Of course there are tons of stories. Here is one that was pretty funny and has video too.

http://realworldnumbers.wordpress.com/2007/10/14/theres-a-skunk-in-my-garage-and-my-buddy-is-in-there-too/

Live animal trap.....But not before you set up a clever device that will drop a blanket over the cage once it is in there. It is less likely to spray if is doesnt see you. Then bring it far far away, and beat the shit out of it with your own two hands not careing about the smell. The smell will go away after 6-7 months but the great joy of defeating your enemy will last a life time!

Good luck! ;D

MINDGAMER59 ]

youll need tomato paste and lots of it to get the smell off

That does work but you can also go to your local sporting good store and find something for skunk. They have some different shampoo for this also. Not sure if they work for your garage or if it is for pets and what not.

Deadly-Intent ]

mets is a sissy girl' date=' he will have to get someone else to get rid of it. he can barely bring himself to pull the trigger in socom, because he doesn't like killing people.

[/quote']

^^^^

LOL

i would say just open up ur garage door and it will scurry soon enough. anything else would probably scare it and have ur garage stinking for months.

At my place in Wisconsin I had an animal, for whatever reason (insanity?), decide to dig into and under the outhouse (Yeah it's my hunting cabin and it's in the stix, so the outhouse is a must). So, using some meat from a recent hunt I set out a metal trap I had stowed away in the shed. I set it out overnight and hit the duck blind in the morning. When I got back later in the morning I was shocked and pretty much fucked when I saw a skunk in the trap. Now this was a pretty spacious trap, so I could have been easily sprayed if I approached. I ran inside, grabbed a .22 and shot him between the eyes. Unfortunate for him, because he wasn't the poop house culprit. But it was also unfortunate for me because in his dying breath he managed to spray quite a bit all over the cage and surrounding area. Needless to say my clothes stunk for the rest of the season (no matter how many times I washed them), I swear my decoy trailer still had the stench the following season, and the smell clung to everything for days.

I would call over the neighbor (ask him if he wants to borrow your new lawnmower and not bring it back like he did your other tools you loaned him). Then when he gets in the garage lock the deadbolt, shut off the light and remote your car alarm.... Then when you open the garage door see which one comes running out 1st.

I bet both will never go in your garage again. 2 problems solved. 8)

Malu is your problem gone?

If it isn't then forget buying animal traps or any of that other shit. Catching a skunk is simple. First always make sure you are in front of it(of course). But what you need to do is approach the animal and right when it tries to turn around you grab it by the tail and pull up immediately. The instant you pick a skunk up it is useless. Their tale is not strong enough for them to move around enough.

Once you got it take it out and just toss him a few feet away. He will just run away. Trust me this works, skunks would get trapped in my barn when I was a kid and they would spray the dogs. So I always went in and got them out. The dogs always stunk for a month, and using tomato paste DOESN'T work that is an old wives tale.

IF I remember right vinegar will neutralize the skunk smell. Or you just have to let your garage "air" out.

Yeah the skunk left I left the door open for the whole night and it went away. The odor is going away though I think it was from the skunk being there that night. Other then that the smell is gone. I saw videos of capturing it on youtube but yeah lol. I don't know if I could actually do it. Thanks for the help everyone! Appreciate it a lot.

MaluNYMets ]

Yeah the skunk left I left the door open for the whole night and it went away. The odor is going away though I think it was from the skunk being there that night. Other then that the smell is gone. I saw videos of capturing it on youtube but yeah lol. I don't know if I could actually do it. Thanks for the help everyone! Appreciate it a lot.

Grenade