Problems Joining Private Games!!??!! PLEASE HELP

Last night for our Chain Reaction we had 4 people (myself & 3 others) who could not join the game because they got the "Network Error" when they went to their message box. When we set up our practice room tonight those same four plus 2 more have the same problem. It just started last night because everyone was able to get into our pre-war room just fine. Is anyone else experiencing this or have you experienced it in the past? does anyone know how to fix it? we've deleted saved game data to no avail. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Didn't this start with a time/date issue? At one time I thought I had heard if you have your time/date set wrong on your PS3 that Socom would screw up things like this. Not sure if the daylight savings messed anything up.

Vic. The problem is they can't get to the invites to get them. That is the error. So having others send out invites wont make any difference.

it started for us on monday night. Everyone got their invites to the prewar room just fine, then when we put up that war room and 4 guys all of a sudden couldn't get to their messages. It still isn't fixed and it is very very aggravating to say the least. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. :-\

I just posted the following to try and break the common denominators.

I have one more thing for you to try. Disband your clans on the network. Everyone leave the roster and disband it. Then remake the clan. The issue could be related to your clan server on Socom. Then allow someone else to make the clan other than the original maker. If you have several factions, do this with all of them. Then have your people join a faction other than the one they were originally in. This will see if any of them break the issue and you can go from there.

of our six guys impacted:

-2 are leaders of rosters

-2 others are promoted officers on rosters

-2 are enlisted members

-4 are on our SAS roster

-1 is on our SEALS roster

-1 is on our RPIMA roster

-we are unable to determine the volume in the message box because theres no possible way to check it- messages are unavailable both through the game and socom.com

-the affected run anywhere from a 1 to a 6 in clan rank and a 0 to a 10 in confrontation rating

-we have affected members in Wisconsin, Nevada, Virginia, and 3 in California.

From TOOL

Tool_Minion ]
X_-GHOST-_X ]

sorry im pissed at the ps3 not you ..... im gonna throw it

I had this happen as well.....what you have to do is delete all your PSN messages (except the saved ones) and then go to In-game Notifications and turn it 'off'.

Reboot your PS3, let it log in, then go and turn in-game notifications to 'On'.

You will get the 20 messages you were missing. :-X

It happens to me all the time.

This is from Ghosts thread, Chaka have you tried this. Not your in game socom messages but the PSN messages.

LPK has never been anything but nice to me and any clan I have been a part of. If I can think of any thing else or find something on Socom.com I will post. By the way I stole that one from Tool ;)

And like I said before I would almost guarantee when all is said and done that this will be fixed in 1.5, and I'm also sure /6 created this problem somehow behind the scenes in preparation for the new patch, something screwy like this happens every time it seems like before they release something, when that comes is the question you guys have to deal with and I empathize with your situation.

Chili-Palmer ]

Yea this REALLY needs to be figured out outside of tourney rulings. New rulings could cause more trouble than anyone wants. ;D

I thought we were just trying to help troubleshoot for a forum member ???

By the way I couldn't find anything else on socom.com Just a couple of posts from people with your same problem but there was never solution at the end of any of the discussions :(

SnowBud ]

I thought we were just trying to help troubleshoot for a forum member ???

By the way I couldn't find anything else on socom.com Just a couple of posts from people with your same problem but there was never solution at the end of any of the discussions :(

Yes it started that way, but it is becoming a tournament issue with LPK, not just troubleshooting. :-\

How many other people are having this same issue on Socom.com.? (5, 10, 50 100, 1000..?)

I am just trying to figure out why LPK has 6 guys that are having this issue and only one other member of UF is.?

Thats why i asked about the common denominator, to see if they all had something in common that caused it. That is our biggest problem with it, we dont know what causes it.

Do your 6 members have alternate names that they play on that dont have this problem or is that just an idea.? (have they tried it yet, maybe it is on their hard drive or something not their name.)