Problems Joining Private Games!!??!! PLEASE HELP

Chili-Palmer ]

I completely understand man..

Thank god you have 30 people on your roster. ;)

sarcasm from a uf staff? post something like this in the rep section. this isnt something effecting one war, this basically removes i think 4 or 5 players from our roster for three weeks. something needs to be done. so if you want more details or reply, then do it there. dont post without knowing the entire problem.

Cow I sent you a pm on what I found out on this issue.. you're not alone or your clan isn't even if other UF members aren't having the problem. They're quite a few outside of UF that are. What I found out for explanations and possible fixes don't work for everyone aren't proven and may not work even if others had luck with them. I did find out this issue as been around since the beta and /6 supposedly fixed it in the first patch.. then fixed it again in the next patch.. then fixed.. etc. etc.. ::)

Anyway let me know if any of your guys try some of the suggestions and if they worked or not. I'll keep researching to see if anyone has a tried and true fix. Hopefully /6 may finally post something that at least acknowledges and/or fixes the issue for good.

Goat ]

Cow I sent you a pm on what I found out on this issue.. you're not alone or your clan isn't even if other UF members aren't having the problem. They're quite a few outside of UF that are. What I found out for explanations and possible fixes don't work for everyone aren't proven and may not work even if others had luck with them. I did find out this issue as been around since the beta and /6 supposedly fixed it in the first patch.. then fixed it again in the next patch.. then fixed.. etc. etc.. ::)

Anyway let me know if any of your guys try some of the suggestions and if they worked or not. I'll keep researching to see if anyone has a tried and true fix. Hopefully /6 may finally post something that at least acknowledges and/or fixes the issue for good.

Could you post the suggestions and information in this thread?

Not everyone who is having this problem is able to get in contact with Cow

Thanks!

Identity Crisis ]
Goat ]

Could you post the suggestions and information in this thread?

Not everyone who is having this problem is able to get in contact with Cow

Thanks!

Yeah sure…

Ok Sony’s/Slant Six’s official (or at least what someone else said they said) response is that this it is caused by a mismatch of play list.

"Your Play list data is older than the host's. You must restart the game in order to get the new play list data." Their suggested fix to do is... go to main menu and then come back to multiplayer and it should work.
this of course is a load of …. And worked for a very very few people.

This series of steps seems to be the one that worked the most.. but again not for everyone.

- Leave your clan

- Delete your friends list

- Delete the game data (not your saved game the other one)

- Open your PSN browser Clear your History, authentication data, cache and cookies.

- Sign off and then sign back on.

- Re-Send friend invites or accept invites from friends.

- Sign on to PSN through browser and link your ID to your PSN network Info

- Start Socom which will reinstall game data and reinstall latest patch

- Have your clan leader re-send clan invite

- Accept invite

- Everything should be working now.

But some did all of this and it still wasn’t fixed.. also a few didn’t delete their friends list and did the rest and it worked. So who knows? Some also only deleted their browser authentication data, history, cache and cookies and then linked their ID signed on to the PSN network through their browser and after making sure their friends list was working there it now worked in Socom. Other attempts ran the whole gambit everything from reformatting to one guy who tossed his console out the third floor window of his apartment.. who stated his problem was fixed .. for good!! LOL

Personal thoughts are .. why the hell does the majority of issues like this usually concern the cache in the browser? What the hell is Sony hiding in there that has them saying delete the cache as a solution to a number of issues?? Anyway, this is what I found from my research and reading up on the issue.. none of it is proven there is no exact fix.. Slant six claims to have fixed the issue a number of times in its patches.. as well as stating the next patch includes a fix for it.. so obviously they are aware of it yet don’t seem to know exactly what causes it nor how to really fix it. Goat figgur!

Side note too.. a while back some of you may remember that i was having some troubles playing Burnout Paradise online.. i could play for hours but the second i would try and get into a room w/ friends or invite any friends my ps3 would freeze. Turns out Sony nor EA had no fix for it and after some trial and error i found that having a full friends list prevented me from accepting any kind of invites, i had deleted a few friends just to see cuz i had a maxed list and what do you know.. it worked. Some glitch between how many friends the game itself allowed compared to how many friends i had on my list.. Most of you have probably been through this but after the last 8 hours i spent reading goats post, :P , i figured i would add this too.. dont delete all of them.. just a few and see ... shit what you got to loose.. you probably tried everything else..

What!! You’re adding to a Goat post? That’s.. that’s.. well unheard-of !! Now I’ve seen everything. Inadub actually thinks something needs to be added to a goat post! Unbelievable.. Inconceivable… I’m flabbergasted!

ROFL!

Of course for this topic most of my post was just derived from providing possible fixes from others. The one fact I found was… this issue does exist, is a problem for more than a few and so far there isn’t any concrete definitive answer. Friend list too long? Maybe and maybe that’s why new accounts work? Everything I’ve found so far just has me feeling sympathetic towards those that are experiencing it. There seems to be no solid way or answer to fix it.

Hmm more proof this has something to do with the hand shake between your user name and the servers.. i.e. the cache, your authentication data and your ID"s Sony server saved data? Little wonder why for some.. once they get their ID linked to the PSN web site and can see their friends list there it suddenly works in Socom??