Official Chicago Sports Thread

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMFG what a game. While there were some BS calls against the Bulls, we got away with a few too. WOW. This game had me on the edge of my seat all game.

Words cannot even express how incredible of a game this was. Up and down all game. D.Rose had a career defining game with 36 points and 11 assists. Noah (17 boards) combined with Brad Miller to pull 29 boards! On a day where Salmons was hurting and Gordon didn't come on until late, the "Baby Bulls" really stepped it up. Winning game one in Boston's house is huge and without Garnett the Bulls CAN win this series! They showed that they are right there with the Celtics all game and outplayed them for most of this game. Wow I'm pumped. Bulls up 1-0, Hawks up 1-0. It's a great time to be a Chicago sports fan!

Hawks win baby!!! Came out slow in the 1st and gave up 2 goals to the Flames. I was a little nervous during the intermission but Coach Quenneville must have rallied the troops because they answered back with 3 in the 2nd. They completely dominated the 3rd form start to finish. 2-0 going to Calgary, LETS GO HAWKS!!!!

Hawks have started slow in game 1 and 2, but man did they make up for it. Heading to Calgary up 2-0 is very uplifting to the team and they'll come out firing on Monday. No socom for me Monday Night with the Bulls playing at 6 CST and Hawks at 8:30 CST.

Btw Cubs game tonight is postponed until July 12th due to the rain. 2 days off for the Cubs with Monday being an off day should be nice to get everyone 100%. Soto needed the rest for his shoulder anyhow.

Can wait for tonights game. It was awsome seeing the celtics walk off the court all pissed off not even wanting to high five the fans.

Do agree their were lot of BS call by the ref

Miller was pissing me off missing and giving the ball away, I wasnt too pleased about his perfromance. I just hope ben Gordon could step up this game. If he and rose start going and noah continues the reponds and tyson still hits those jump shots it will be another awsome game. The defense needs to step up and not all Rondo to run up and get those easy shots.

I'm expecting Salmons to have a better game tonight, and Rose to come back down to earth a bit. I can't say I expect them to beat the defending world champs on their home court again... but am certainly hoping for it.

A matchup to watch for is Tony Allen vs Ben Gordon. When Boston put him in Gordon stopped scoring almost immediately.

Wooo! Bulls up 61-58 at the half. They came out of the gate sloppy, but excellent play by the bench picked up the slack. Rose got in some early foul trouble, but getting through the 1st half with him not fouling again (had 2 in the 1st quarter) will pay dividends. Hinrich won't be much of a factor though, with 4 fouls already. Lindsey Hunter is stepping it up big time though and we're going to need him in the 2nd half. The Celtics better hope Rondo can return tonight. They were an entirely different team once Rondo was knocked out of the game.

My f'n DVR stopped recording the at the 5 minute mark... so I missed the last bit of the game.

I saw the shot by Allen on NBA.com though, pretty clutch to say the least.

I agree that taking 1 of 2 at the garden is definately a small victory, but only if Chicago can step it up at home.

Looking forward to game 3!

Hawks lost again tonight. Series is tied 2-2. :'(

It looked like they were prime to win it after coming back from a 4-1 deficit to tie it, but Khabibulan gave them an easy rebound that gave them their 5th goal. The 6th came on an open netter in desperation time.

Oh well, I'll take both teams winning on their home Ice since the Hawks have 2 more at home.

BacklasH ]

Hawks lost again tonight. Series is tied 2-2. :'(

It looked like they were prime to win it after coming back from a 4-1 deficit to tie it, but Khabibulan gave them an easy rebound that gave them their 5th goal. The 6th came on an open netter in desperation time.

Oh well, I'll take both teams winning on their home Ice since the Hawks have 2 more at home.

Being from Calgary i am definately happy about this last game. Its gonna be a rough game next game.