Kilzone 2 Patch VS. SOCOM Patch(es)

Killzone 2, patch 1.24 is sized at 57MB. The following has been fixed/added:

Note: All released in one patch. Will arrive tomorrow. TOMORROW!!!

Exploit - Reviving player stuck in wall collision can result in him spawning outside level

EAI - Bots now skipping disabled/destroyed MGs in warzone when requesting mounted guns.

AI - Do not claim waypoints for the previous character when it's dead.

AI - Fixes bots getting stuck trying to arm/disarm S&D object when mission is already over.

Campaign - Fix for potential progression bug in Salamun Bridge.

Clan - User name, not users clan displayed in rankings

Clan - Winning 10 Clan Challenges causes the user to become stuck on the medal awards screen.

Controls - Lean & Peak - Zoom hold on and out of ammo it switches between regular/scope view rapidly.

Cosmetic - Blue screen tint which indicates scout cloak is occasionally enabled and will remain indefinitely.

Cosmetic - White squares on the grenade counter merge together when displayed in 1080p

Create Game - "Badge Combination" option does not work properly

Create Game - Online - "clan only" presets apply even after a player leaves a clan

DLC - DLC pack 1 - 'Steel & Titanium' support DLC - New Loading screens advertising the first DLC pack.

Exploit - Helghan Industries - Player getting out of map fix.

Exploit - Radec Academy - User is able to gain access to the roof when revived in a specific location.

xploit - Salamun Market - One sided wall allows people to be seen and shot from outside where they cant see or fire out

Exploit - Tharsis Depot - Player can get out of the "normal" play area and can get into some sniper/camp spots

Feature - Invite player from friendslist Feature - Join Clan Member list added.

Feature - Join Game - 17-24 players filter.

Feature - MP - Moving while seeing scores after pressing SELECT

Feature - The radar/map now has a larger radius

Feature - Three additional 'Harcore' Ranks added to the top limits.

Front-end - Add support to display more than 8 maps when creating a game /challenge/tournament

Front-end - Sorting ascending and decending ranks working better in 'Rankings'

Front-end - When in a squad, the Valor Trophy is visible in the Squad Tab, however the users rank is not being displayed on top of it.

Mods - Official tournament to be displayed first followed by custom created tournaments

Mods - Additional functionality made avalable to the in-game moderators.

Network - Server side fix for full games being displayed incorrectly.

Network - User is unable to use the 'Join Clan Member' tab due to Network Error Code 20002.

Online - File-synching with the Japanese release of Killzone 2 on the 23rd of April.

Sound - Turret placing sound continues when killed.

Stability - Crash when synching gamestate after a full mapcycle

Stability - Hang on a screen with a blank message window just before a message appears.

Stability - Reducing the load on the server related to syncing the buddylist

Stats - If a clan wins 24 Clan Challenges and goes to the result screen, the medal acquisition screen, which normally displays when you win 25 games, will display.

Stats - Number of air-support grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.

Stats - Number of spawn-grenades used by tacticians does not add to the stats of joined user correctly.

Stats - User sometimes does not receive 1000 valor award when winning 10 Clan Challenges.

Text - % character not displayed correctly on the creating game dialogue box after selecting to create game.

Text - If a client receives an invite from a clan which has a '$' character in the clan name, the recipient will get kicked

Text - Minor Italian localization fix.

Text - Minor Japanese localization fix.

Tournament - Game decides winner if one of the two teams doesn't spawn in

Trophies - Fix for Wargod trophy unlocking pre-maturely

GG is fixing over 40 issues with this patch, Slant 6 has released their patches so sporadic I don't have an exact count. They have been releasing them since November 2008.

This is how you address a game with problems, period. Minor problems I might add.

SOCOM was released in October 2008! Killzone 2 was released in February 2009! Just in case you forgot. Oh yea, new map pack coming April 30th for Killzone. But hey, I'm glad Slant 6 is keeping us informed about a new PSP SOCOM game. ::)

Lol how do we know that this wont yield the same results as a socom patch? This topic is kind of silly dont you think? Comparing a patch that hasnt come out yet to patches that have? It should be socoms next patch vs. kz2 patch.. cuz they both supposed to be the fix for the game... and people still play KZ2? i traded mine in days ago.. as did almost all other 503 members.. i just dont see anyone even playing this game on my friends list anymore.. regardless.. i do hope that both patches end up being a step in the right direction.

I played Killzone once and took it back. Cant stand 1st person respawns. But you keep trying to compare the two games in every way. stupid. People keep complaining about Socom while most of us are playing the game most every night and enjoying it. Sure there are problems and /6 isnt bringing fixes out as fast as GG. So what! If you dont like what /6 is doing with Socom, dont play it. Just getting sick of the dumb comparisons that are out there. There is no comparison. its like comparing apples and oranges.

I played Killzone once and took it back. Cant stand 1st person respawns. But you keep trying to compare the two games in every way. stupid. People keep complaining about Socom while most of us are playing the game most every night and enjoying it. Sure there are problems and /6 isnt bringing fixes out as fast as GG. So what! If you dont like what /6 is doing with Socom, dont play it. Just getting sick of the dumb comparisons that are out there. There is no comparison. its like comparing apples and oranges.

+1 on the idea that there are no comparisons. The same people who play socom every night and complain about it so much could just as easily go play another game.

There is no comparison. its like comparing apples and oranges.

I'll agree with that, I would never put a FPS respawn in the same category as socom. Of my 98 or so friends I probably had around 20 people playing the game when it first came out, now I never see anyone playing it. Not that it matters or thats a direct reflection of the nightly numbers but it seems the hype is quickly wearing off, not just around here either.

I complain about slant six's handling of certain aspects but I still play socom almost every night. Hopefully the new patch will be the best yet and hopefully more good things will come.

You guys completely missed the point, I'm not comparing the games themselves. Your right, its like apples and oranges.

I'm comparing the developers and their concern for their product. I thought is was interesting how efficient GG was with their game and Slant 6 is clearly not.

inadub ]

Lol how do we know that this wont yield the same results as a socom patch?

Killzone had an issue with bots, I think it was 3 days later and it was stopped. And it didn't screw the game up, at all. How long did Slant 6 take to release their first patch? A month?? And it made some gameplay worse, so back to the drawing board. We also do not have any idea when they are gonna release 1.50.

Sure there are problems and /6 isnt bringing fixes out as fast as GG. So what!

So what?!! That's the kind of attitude that results in subpar products. "I'm a SOCOM fan no matter what, so hand me the kool-aid and I'll drink it up. As long as I can play something called SOCOM."

Also, don't loose your venom on me. Last time I checked, this forum is titled "General PS3 GAMING Public Forum" not the "General SOCOM GAMING Public forum".

Well I can't argue that I wish that /6 handled the patches in a more comprehensive and responsible manner. I don't think there should be any excuses for releasing a broken patch or patches that break other things in the game. I mean hell don't they have a test environment thats a replica the of the live environment to test and deploy these on before they release it? I would hope so, but one would also wonder how these problems slip through the cracks. I would say at best the /6 is understaffed.

SnowBud ]

I would say at best the /6 is understaffed.

Or their staff isn't the best at what they are doing... Or this is a WHOLE new experience for them. I maybe wrong but I believe this was /6 first try at making a PS3 game. I also think they only took the job on because they were making the PSP Socoms.

Maybe they just bit off more then they can chew!?! Who knows. :P

This cycle has been going on since the beginning of time...

1) News article/post/review is put up on game B (not socom) with some remarks about how Socom compares (usually negatively)

2) Random socom fan gets offended that his/her game is being dissed, argues their case

3) (Relatively) pointless debate ensues

I don't know that the Socom vs [Other Game] debate has ever switched someone over on either side. Socom fans need to live with the fact that there may be prettier, more polished games out there with better developer support. Fans of those other games need to realize that die-hard Socom'ers are in an abusive relationship, and are usually content to live under their rock and make the best of the situation.

With that said, the patch looks impressive, I haven't had a chance to put in KZ2 yet, but I might try after I download it in the next few days.

Im not sure if /6 had ever had any experience on ps3 or not.. but they got contracted by SCEA after Zipper wanted to move on to M.A.G. There is a decent write up on MAG this month in Game Informer mag.. and it talks about how Zipper moved over to FPS and /6 took over socom on the psp... once it was done they thought it was a success so they gave them a shot on Confrontation. I do know that they have about 10 people working for the entire staff.. and as most of you have read that some of those guys have been working on FTB3.. which i hope they continue to go the way Zipper made the first 2, cuz Tactical Strike that /6 did was just a completely different game. For those who played it im sure you will agree.. looked good, sounded good, but played like a piece of crap. I like to shoot guys.. not coach them into shooting guys. After seeing the early trailers for FTB3 ... it looks to be pretty promising.

inadub ]

Lol how do we know that this wont yield the same results as a socom patch? This topic is kind of silly dont you think? Comparing a patch that hasnt come out yet to patches that have? It should be socoms next patch vs. kz2 patch.. cuz they both supposed to be the fix for the game... and people still play KZ2? i traded mine in days ago.. as did almost all other 503 members.. i just dont see anyone even playing this game on my friends list anymore.. regardless.. i do hope that both patches end up being a step in the right direction.

IRISH BULL ]

Last time I checked, this forum is titled "General PS3 GAMING Public Forum" not the "General SOCOM GAMING Public forum".

And yet, you're obviously obsessed with telling everyone how upset you are about it. Especially those who still enjoy the game.

I play KZ2, and yes agree that the devs and all that are better. i dont go parading about trying to make my opinion known though.

Lexaeus ]
IRISH BULL ]

Last time I checked, this forum is titled "General PS3 GAMING Public Forum" not the "General SOCOM GAMING Public forum".

And yet, you're obviously obsessed with telling everyone how upset you are about it. Especially those who still enjoy the game.

I play KZ2, and yes agree that the devs and all that are better. i dont go parading about trying to make my opinion known though.

Your absolutely right, I have a problem. Sorry. The first step is admitting the problem.

My name is IRISH BULL....Hi IRISH BULL....And I am obsessed with Slant 6 and SOCOM's failure.

IRISH BULL ]
Nemesis ]

Has anyone downloaded the patch yet?

I did, but I had to leave for work right after. Took like 40 seconds. Will be on tonight to check it out.

I downloaded it and had to immediately jump in to a clan match. The only thing I really noticed in the 20 or so minutes the clan match lasted was the new ranks. The top rank now requires 100,000 points and it's being labeled Commander in Chief. I've read on the KZ2 forums that they may have upped the firepower for some the weapons but I'm not sure and I don't believe the patch outline covers weapon upgrades so maybe people are being dramatic. Either way I haven't played enough post patch download to really discuss anything besides the new ranks.

I am glad I am no longer a SOCOM fanboy ;D.....KZ2 is ahead of its time...they should have released it to the 360, maybe at least they will appreciate the beauty Guerrilla Games have created with KZ ::)....Modern Warfare 2...here we come

but yeah...if you play killzone...add me on PSN

BTW: Patch is GREAT

PSN: BooGeY

CDBS14 ]
Neoblackhound ]
CDBS14 ]

I still play KZ2' date=' i no longer play socom, sort of the opposite for me.

[/quote']Thats good cuz you never played in the first place.

actually i did, then my PS3 broke for 2 months. Remember i was on a horseman team? i still play EVAL wars though.

No you don't, your playing time is negative on both ranked and unranked lol.

Neoblackhound ]
CDBS14 ]
Neoblackhound ]
CDBS14 ]

I still play KZ2' date=' i no longer play socom, sort of the opposite for me.

[/quote']Thats good cuz you never played in the first place.

actually i did, then my PS3 broke for 2 months. Remember i was on a horseman team? i still play EVAL wars though.

No you don't, your playing time is negative on both ranked and unranked lol.

lmao, how many times did they reset that? before the first patch i had like 2 days of gameplay or a little less, then it all reset, i was level 5.