Vick agrees to plead Guilty

Updated: August 20, 2007, 2:31 PM ET

RICHMOND, Va. -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick accepted a plea deal Monday and lengthy prison sentence to avoid additional federal charges in a dogfighting case that has driven his NFL career to a halt.

"After consulting with his family over the weekend, Michael Vick has asked that I announce today that he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors regarding charges pending against him," Vick attorney Billy Martin said in a statement.

"Mr. Vick has agreed to enter a plea of guilty to those charges and to accept full responsibility for his actions and the mistakes he has made. Michael wishes to apologize again to everyone who has been hurt by this matter.

All three of Vick's co-defendants have reached plea deals in the case. Vick had been facing a Nov. 26 trial date.

Savage, I have to agree 1000 percent. His actions were sickening. It's sad we live in a day and age where high profile, overpaid assholes, feel that their money and status will keep them from being convicted of crimes.

I guess the best thing to have happened here was that this was a federal crime and it was not left for a State or county attorneys office to handle. The Fed's have a 95%+ success rate in convictions on all indictments. This alone kept this case from even going to trial where it is left to people to decide. People who look at a persons social status and say, oh lets give him another chance, but if it were someone that was from across the state from them and had no celebrity status, would convict to the fullest extent of the law.

Now it is left to the judge. His plea agreement has only come at this point as to avoid further charges that were to be added today that would have increased his possible prison time. I hope the judge sentences him the maximum. It is in my opinion this individual will never see the inside of another pro football stadium, unless he purchases a ticket. I feel as long as Roger Goodell remains commissioner, he will not allow Vick to return. A lifetime ban that would be well deserved.

Guest ResthomeRapist

I hope he get beat on a raped in jail.... He should get a broomstick shoved up his ass.. I love dogs and fucking hate the people that mistreat them.. I hope he NEVER plays ball... Not that I could give to shits about that.. Well on that note...

I HOPE HE DIES

It will be a huge statement if the league doesn't let him play again.  I'm not sure if any team out there would ever give him another chance acnyway.  

I can imagine this headline though........"Vick leads Detroit to their first playoff win in franchise history"

-Omni

Well said by everyone.

I hope he gets the maximum penalty by law, & gets fucked in Prison, & when he gets out gets fucked again, some how, Fines, Fees, Has to Donate Millions to SPCA, & other Animal Shelter type of places..!!

Fuck him, i hope for the worst possible.. I hope he all but dies..!!

Guest jwa798921

what really bothers me is that, according to ESPN, the only reason he is going to jail is for the gambling charges. They said that the dog fighting charges are misdemeanors and if it werent for the gambling he probabally wouldnt be going to jail. I hope that someone out there decides to take action in spite of this event and trys to make the dogfighting charges a felony.

OMNI ]

It will be a huge statement if the league doesn't let him play again.  I'm not sure if any team out there would ever give him another chance acnyway.  

I can imagine this headline though........"Vick leads Detroit to their first playoff win in franchise history"

-Omni

HEY WTF! EVEN WE WOULDNT TAKE VICK AFTER THIS SHIT!

Guest jwa798921

i heard on tv today that "reliable sources" said that the attorney general is going to give him a year to a year and 2 months in prison. which means he will prolly b out in about 10 months.