Waxing Car....

z-Prime-z ]

Take it to a car wash place. Pay someone else to do it. ;D

Lazy bastard!!

I'm an anal motherfucker when it comes to my car. All three detail shops in town I've used, and all three times, I re-detailed it myself after getting it back. The last two I bitched so much they gave me half my money back. So many people have no pride in thier work so you get sub-par production.

BigMoneyNacku ]
z-Prime-z ]

Take it to a car wash place. Pay someone else to do it. ;D

Lazy bastard!!

I'm an anal motherfucker when it comes to my car. All three detail shops in town I've used, and all three times, I re-detailed it myself after getting it back. The last two I bitched so much they gave me half my money back. So many people have no pride in thier work so you get sub-par production.

I want to know how you detail.... What do you use? I have a black car by the way to answer the question. Neo isn't too thrilled about his pink prius.

Black is the hardest to keep from swirling if you ask me.. i have had some experience waxing .. and all in all just go slow and try to stay even.. just take the top oxidization layer off.. BAM shiny... no need to go hard and deep.. unless we talking something else :P

Really what dub just posted is the key. Take your time. I personally hand wax and detail my car. It's much easier to control. You end up with alot less swirls in the end. You can't go wrong with Meguiar's car care products. I use the meguires quick detail in between waxes. I use thier wax stripper and wax also. Thier interior detailer and leather care lines are awesome.

If your car is a late model and you really want to get a sick finish, clay that bitch. It's a huge pain in the ass, but it really takes all the flaws and imperfections out of your paint. Of course it doesn't fix dings, but it always gets rid of that milky look repeated waxing produces. If you do attempt to clay it, find a how to video on youtube, I'm sure there is one. Heck, look for one on detailing also.

Again, if take your time and do it by hand, it's really hard to mess it up.

HANDS, use your Hands. Take the buffer back. Seriously. Unless you're doing an Excursion or something that would take two days without a buffer, use your hands.

But I'm with Prime, pay someone ;) I only say that because I know a guy that had some cars in Hollywood he'd do before he decided to come to the real world. But his ability was second to none as far as I'm concerned. He'd use hands, and he'd also say that if it was done right, you should be able to clean the car in the future with a garden hose and a diaper(and no not the plastic disposable types) a nice cloth diaper.

pay someone the first time. stick around and watch. take some notes of the products they use.

If they pull out a buffer, take your keys, leave, and never go back. If you use a buffer you are just asking to put swirl marks in your paint. take your buffer back, and buy some mcguires. if you already have swirls get the clay bar, because that is the only product i have used on my baby that has taken them out.

DSC04651.jpg

You can use a low speed buffer for some applications... But know what your doing.

Waxing and detailing a car is great- Instant gratification and you get to see your work.

Before you learn how to wax- Learn the following:

1. How to wash

2. How to clean

3. How to polish

4. THEN How to wax

I only use McGuire's (you can buy stage kits and even fill out an online survey for your weather and climate/ if you park in a garage, how much you wash it, how much time you have to invest, etc) and they will tell you what you need.

To learn how to use it all check out these forums: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82 There are vids and answers you will want to know BEFORE you get started... I would keep the buffer as you may not use it every time but you may want to use it in the application of polishing IMO

UNCLE-SID25 ]

You can use a low speed buffer for some applications... But know what your doing.

Waxing and detailing a car is great- Instant gratification and you get to see your work.

Before you learn how to wax- Learn the following:

1. How to wash

2. How to clean

3. How to polish

4. THEN How to wax

I only use McGuire's (you can buy stage kits and even fill out an online survey for your weather and climate/ if you park in a garage, how much you wash it, how much time you have to invest, etc) and they will tell you what you need.

To learn how to use it all check out these forums: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82 There are vids and answers you will want to know BEFORE you get started... I would keep the buffer as you may not use it every time but you may want to use it in the application of polishing IMO

I knew I wasn't the only one on here. I love washing the cars myself. Good to see another meguiars fan too. Thanks for the link, I never really thought about checking it thier website.