I going to choke my son!! Last month when I saw he had over 300 text messages in only the first couple of weeks of a new cellular plan.. I called sprint and had it up’d to 1000 text messages per line.. A thousand text messages!!! I just got my bill.. Dad 3 text messages.. wife 11 text messages.. Daughter 24 text messages SON.. 2686 text messages!!! At a price of .20 for each over 1000 I just got a $324 additional charge! I’m going to fricking kill him!! How the hell do you even manage to text two thousand six hundred and eighty times in one month!!! WTF!! Arrrggggg!!! Ok I’m not going to kill him.. of course.. but steam actually came out of my ears!! I kid you not!! I’m going to sledge hammer his phone (not kidding!!) Anybody need their grass cut? Their car washed.. I will ship him to you and you are free to use him as a SLAVE for a mere $2/ hour until he earns $324!!!! ^&%*&^#$@#@!# Son of a #(*^$#*(&(*#!!!!

Serenity Now! Serenity Now! Serenity Now!

yEAH, i KINDA did it to myself with tmobile. had a thousand text messages. went over by a 1000 I think and bill was 574.00 when its normally 74.00. I didnt know emails counted as text messaging. I have my work email and personal email on my BLACKBERRY. Boy was I pissed and it wasnt my out going text that got me over it was my incoming. >:(. I got a payment plan thinking it would help, yeah they only give you an extra 2 weeks to pay it off. Now I have unlimted text to avoid that from happening again. I was going to Cancel my contract but didnt feel like paying an extra 275.00.

LOL. Goat, I had the same thing happen when my boy was 14-15. I changed his plan to unlimited texts. Hell he only used 200 minutes talk time a month, but over 3000 texts. The second thing I did to learn him, he had to work at my shop all summer long. His pay? $1 a day. After that summer, we never had to have a talk about wasting money again. He even started turning lights off in rooms he left, all kinds of different stuff.

Good luck, brudda. ;D

Goat,

Call back your cellular company and threaten to switch unless they eliminate those excess fee's... as a bonus to them, offer to sign up for unlimited text messaging. Most companies who offer optional services (gamefly, netflix, cellular companies, dish tv, even those which require contracts) can be strong-armed if you are patient enough on the phone. Don't take no for an answer, keep asking for a supervisor, their supervisor, etc.

I recently avoided a $200.00 in internet overage charges, as well as got 2 free months of dish tv and had my new 2 year contract ripped up "simply" by giving them (GCI and Dish Network, for anyone curious) a call. Sure it took half an hour, but I don't make $400 an hour yet, so it was well worth my time.

Afterwards, don't let your son know you have avoided the fee's, and reap the rewards come fathers day. ;)

Polaris ]

Goat,

Call back your cellular company and threaten to switch unless they eliminate those excess fee's... as a bonus to them, offer to sign up for unlimited text messaging. Most companies who offer optional services (gamefly, netflix, cellular companies, dish tv, even those which require contracts) can be strong-armed if you are patient enough on the phone. Don't take no for an answer, keep asking for a supervisor, their supervisor, etc.

I recently avoided a $200.00 in internet overage charges, as well as got 2 free months of dish tv and had my new 2 year contract ripped up "simply" by giving them a call. Sure it took half an hour, but I don't make $400 an hour yet, so it was well worth my time.

Afterwards, don't let your son know you have avoided the fee's, and reap the rewards come fathers day. ;)

That's exactly what I was going to say.

By the way, I work at sprint. So I can get anybody the hook up no matter where they are.

aZyOuThInKeYeIz ]
Polaris ]

Goat,

I recently avoided a $200.00 in internet overage charges, as well as got 2 free months of dish tv and had my new 2 year contract ripped up "simply" by giving them a call. Sure it took half an hour, but I don't make $400 an hour yet, so it was well worth my time.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

By the way, I work at sprint. So I can get anybody the hook up no matter where they are.

Damn lol Anyone here work Verizon or better yet Comcast, those fucks have been raking me over the coals too long

It's all about texting nowadays. Even the option of picking up a phone and dialing a number is becoming too much of a hassle. I know kids who text like their life depends on it. Personally, I text a lot, but by no means to the extent as your son.

Unlimited data plans are the way to go nowadays. If you have a phone that has an actual keyboard on it (Blackberrys, Sidekicks, G1's, etc) then you should ALWAYS opt for the unlimited data plan (texting, internet, email). If you have a normal flip phone or bar phone with NO extra keyboard, but only the normal buttons on it to dial a number, you shouldn't even be texting in the first place.

Oh but of course, first he must go through harsh punishments to pay the price

This topic should be in parent weekly!! I have heard this a million times....make that a million and one....Sorry Goat. The bottom line is any parent that is paying for any phone that there children are using HAS TO HAVE UNLIMITED TEXTING!!!! Period..... Kids are not very bright and just text away like crazy....on my daughters last birthday, my wife and I took her and five of her friends out to the mall and then for dinner. While they were in my truck, the only sound to be heard was those little buttons being pushed...they were texting each other and they were all within arms reach of one another.

Good luck getting it all straigthened out..sometimes if you call the phone company and complain about the text charges and tell them that you thought you had the unlimited plan...and then tell them to add the unlimited plan...they will remove some of those other text charges!!