Patch 1.5 Target Time Frame

Christ everyone how about we complain some more. If you don't want DLC in the form of old maps don't buy it. WHo cares if they want to make money off it, if we are dumb enough to buy it then that is our own fault. It takes time and energy to make those maps for the PS3 and I would want compensated too, I can imagine it takes DOUBLE that to make brand new maps. So give me my maps and gameplay that was promised when the game is released and you will see a lot of people happy, including me.

Some of you need to get over yourselves, if you don't like the game don't play it.

Red0ctobeR ]

Christ everyone how about we complain some more. If you don't want DLC in the form of old maps don't buy it. WHo cares if they want to make money off it, if we are dumb enough to buy it then that is our own fault. It takes time and energy to make those maps for the PS3 and I would want compensated too, I can imagine it takes DOUBLE that to make brand new maps. So give me my maps and gameplay that was promised when the game is released and you will see a lot of people happy, including me.

Some of you need to get over yourselves, if you don't like the game don't play it.

WooT. I agree wholeheartedly. If you guys hate it so much, why bother trolling for Socom posts to bitch on.

Well then that puts you under the category that Wiz is so fond of. I will buy and maybe bitch a little, but overall if I buy something it is because I want it. I am not going to carry on like an idiot and hope that it will change. Because I know it will not.

"the patch is in QA now. Because of its size and all of the new features it includes, extensive testing is planned."

maybe they should have had that attitude before they released the game?

p.s. I agree with sid, bitching about it.. isn't to try to change anyone's mind.. its for my own peace of mind... it helps.. but only a little bit.

p.s.s. I don't just bitch about it.. I don't play it either. I still have it though.. can't sell it (game stop won't even make an offer on it) so I may as well keep it and hope it gets fixed one day.

Thats awesome.

On the note of DL content:

I would love to be playing "RUINS" and I would pay for all the old maps- It fact if you gave me ALL the old maps from SC2 I would most likely pay upwards of 30 bucks... If you gave me all the maps from SC3 I would pay 60 bucks... Just imagine what I would pay for controlls like SC2 or 3...

Just for the record:

I love the socom franchise. I play confrontation nightly. I do so not because the game play is the best ATM-but because just last night I got to play in a 30th Parallel room full of people I have played with since socom 2. It was kick ass... I guess to reds point though- it is what it is.

Goat ]

"the patch is in QA now. Because of its size and all of the new features it includes, extensive testing is planned."

maybe they should have had that attitude before they released the game?

p.s. I agree with sid, bitching about it.. isn't to try to change anyone's mind.. its for my own peace of mind... it helps.. but only a little bit.

p.s.s. I don't just bitch about it.. I don't play it either. I still have it though.. can't sell it (game stop won't even make an offer on it) so I may as well keep it and hope it gets fixed one day.

I'm curious, not comparing, why does it take Slant 6 sooo long to release these patches as apposed to other games?

And I agree with you also, I bitch because I'm venting. It helps to vent. And if we don't bitch and complain, developers and big companies get away with murder. If and when they do make another SOCOM game for the PS3, the odds of Slant 6 being the developer is slim to none.

That is why I made an official complaint with the BBB. I know they can't do anything, but its the only thing we can do at this point.

Sometimes you got to run to the window and yell..."These floors are dirty as hell! And we aren't gonna take it anymore!!!"

Lexaeus ]

if only Slant Six developers read these forums, then maybe the bitching would amount to something being done.

i hear they read the socom.com forums, might post there if you absolutely can't reduce your stress without posting on forums.

I hear ya, but I like an intelligent argument. I respect the debate here. That's all it is, debating. Just friendly debating. ;D

• 4 weeks later...
Lexaeus ]

I dont think anyone is debating the fact that Slant Six screwed up. Some just enjoy the game and try to stay positive.

LOL and some enjoy bitching about others bitching about it and stay positive from their bitching about dem byotches. LOL

p.s. I do enjoy the game.. hell I played Socom III just a couple of nights ago.. yea the graphics sucked but I didn't get a console freeze once. ;)

WiZ ]

You guys want these maps, they are available.... SOCOM 2. Why do you want maps you've ALREADY paid for when you bought Socom2?

They will charge for DLC and your asking for old maps you've already bought. So sure, bring back Fishook and ruin it robbing it of its true characteristics by making it a breach map. Or make it a demo map..... What made the maps great were that they were mode specific! Whoring Enowapi out to 5 different modes does NOT equal 5 new maps. Its 1 map, we've already bought, ruined by removing the characteristics that got you to love that map in the first place.

Wasnt it Breach to begin w/? I do agree w/ you 100% about old maps Wiz... why make old maps again.. if you traded in your S2.. then thats your bad.. i cant stand that we have 3 old maps already.. we need NEW maps.. if you dont like the new maps , then go buy another copy of s2.. thats just my thoughts. It seems as though the maps they remade are all just a bit bigger.. including boxes and rails making it virtually impossible to shoot over... A grown ass man.. a navy seal at that cant shoot over a rail that is thinner then his "member". I could certainly do w/o any more of that..

xRed0ctobeRx ]

Well then that puts you under the category that Wiz is so fond of. I will buy and maybe bitch a little, but overall if I buy something it is because I want it. I am not going to carry on like an idiot and hope that it will change. Because I know it will not.

And the people bitching want it to work. ;)

So you bought this game knowing it was going to be broken & knew it was never going to change..?

Jeez thanks for the heads up. lol

Did you read my whole statement or does your eyes only see parts of it?

I never said I bought the game knowing that it was going to be broken and never going to change. I said I am not going to waste my time bitching about it. If I want to play it I will. Or I will go play something else, I believe that is what is called capitalism.

BigMoneyNacku ]
Red0ctobeR ]

WooT. I agree wholeheartedly. If you guys hate it so much, why bother trolling for Socom posts to bitch on.

I approve of these messages.

MaluNYMets ]
BigMoneyNacku ]
Red0ctobeR ]

Christ everyone how about we complain some more. If you don't want DLC in the form of old maps don't buy it. WHo cares if they want to make money off it' date=' if we are dumb enough to buy it then that is our own fault. It takes time and energy to make those maps for the PS3 and I would want compensated too, I can imagine it takes DOUBLE that to make brand new maps. So give me my maps and gameplay that was promised when the game is released and you will see a lot of people happy, including me.

[/quote']

I approve of these messages.

I approve of Mets approvals.