Any other Oakland fans that are just pissed that the pitching like me!!!! Our starters are young and supposed to be good and there is obvious talent but they are seriously starting to piss me off!!!! Our offense is finally starting to come around, but our starters will give up 5-7 runs every damn game!!!! Then we try to bring in Eveland as a reliever in the 15th (or something) and he throws a routine double play ball into center field with 0 outs!!!! We can't seem to buy a break....

Thats the problem with young players in general. Their ability to go out and play at a level consistent with their talent level just isn't where it is for players who have been at the major league level for a while. The growing pains the A's are feeling now will help them develop in to more consistent players as soon as later this year. It's also a good thing that they are in the AL West, that division will be wide open for most of the year.

They have let good pitcher go but look at where those guys are now. Zito does shit for the Giants, Molder and Hudson are just ok now, they aren't what they used to be, Huston Street's just plain garbage, Rich Harden is good but only when he's healthy which is only 1/3 of the year and Danny Harren isn't what he used to be either he had a good 1st half of the season and then died...

I am glad that the rest of the division isn't too overpowering at least yet, I don't expect the Mariners to be this good for this long and the A's usually don't pick it up till after the all star break. But it still pisses me off. Lets hope Anderson can shut out the Angels tonight and get us a well needed win.

Peebrain ]

They have let good pitcher go but look at where those guys are now. Zito does shit for the Giants, Molder and Hudson are just ok now, they aren't what they used to be, Huston Street's just plain garbage, Rich Harden is good but only when he's healthy which is only 1/3 of the year and Danny Harren isn't what he used to be either he had a good 1st half of the season and then died...

I am glad that the rest of the division isn't too overpowering at least yet, I don't expect the Mariners to be this good for this long and the A's usually don't pick it up till after the all star break. But it still pisses me off. Lets hope Anderson can shut out the Angels tonight and get us a well needed win.

Haren is sick!! He is going to put up a strong fight this year for NL Cy Young. He pitched well all last year his biggest problem in Arizona is run support.

Do you actually think Oakland was going to be able to pay the money Zito wanted....Yea right

I ahve no room to complain. The Royals are on top of their division and are poised to Sweep the Sox at home tonight. Greinke is just tearing shit up right now. Got his 3rd complete game last night, even with the offense leaving over 9 batters out on base.

I'm not complaining that they let the pitchers go, I know how the A's work. They raise them when they are young then let them go. I didn't expect Zito to stay around. But you guy have to look at his past 2 years. Last year he was taken out of the starting rotation because he was so bad. He's been garbage ever since he won the Cy young.

I may have missread your post Neo but did you say that Giambi was the only person the A's signed in the offseason?? If so don't forget about Holliday, Cabrera, and Garciaparra. Holliday is doing shitty and Garciaparra is hurt (go figure) which just builds on the frustration.

And to add to my point, look at last night with the Angels. If I'm not mistaken Anderson give up 5 runs and the A's lose 5-2... >:(

Zito was only out for a bit and ended up pitching good the rest of that year. I was talking about how they do stupid things like bring back giambi and keep chavez, Holliday is just making a stop in Oakland he most likely will leave to another team.

Red- Duh they can't even pay for their new stadium. The A's are cheap they never pay the right talent.

Im have nothing to complain about either lol the Giants rotation with the exception of Sanchez and Cains last games have been the reason we are in 2nd place we just need our hitting to wake up.

The only reason the A's picked up people like Giambi and Holliday is because the owner was putting pressure on Billy Bean to go for the division title this year. Bean wanted to wait for the pitching to come around, like they should have, and go for the title in 2010.

As far as Oakland being cheap that's a no shit, they are in Oakland. And they canceled their stadium construction because they are looking for other places, not because they can't pay for it. The A's are the best low budget team in baseball hands down.

Peebrain ]

The only reason the A's picked up people like Giambi and Holliday is because the owner was putting pressure on Billy Bean to go for the division title this year. Bean wanted to wait for the pitching to come around, like they should have, and go for the title in 2010.

As far as Oakland being cheap that's a no shit, they are in Oakland. And they canceled their stadium construction because they are looking for other places, not because they can't pay for it. The A's are the best low budget team in baseball hands down.

Absolutely wrong!! The Minnesota Twins are the best team in the league running a low budget. Every solid player they have comes from their own farm system.

Where did Johan Santana come from? Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau? That's just recently. But I'm not about to argue this because we could sit here all night. The A's do have a solid farm team but let me just say I take Johan Santana over Barry Zito any day. ;)

Prane ]

Where did Johan Santana come from? Joe Mauer and Justin Morneau? That's just recently. But I'm not about to argue this because we could sit here all night. The A's do have a solid farm team but let me just say I take Johan Santana over Barry Zito any day. ;)

Johan Santana came from the Astros via the 1999 Rule 5 draft and the Twins were simply fortunate enough to have the first pick. The Astros committed one of the great mistakes by leaving him unprotected. Almost as bad a mistake as the Giants made when they traded Francisco Liriano, Joe Nathan & Boof Bonser to the Twins for one year of A.J. Pierzynski.

Some pretty sweet/fortunate moves.