Tough getting recruits for Socom

I already knew it starting out that's why I was open to Killzone. I had about 8 in-game that I had on the roster. But I'm sure most were just answering the invite because I peppered them out. But still that's way more then I have had for Socom.

But Killzone grew tiresome on me so back to Socom. But Socom there's not enough players vs clans. I know when I went Free Agent I had many invites. Plus I'm sure it helps to have players on the roster.

I will quote myself here. ;D

xRed0ctobeRx ]

It is hard to do...starting from scratch anyway, I have done it 3 times and each time the end was an ugly one. So good luck becasue starting and running a clan is a DAUNTING task that takes all your time. Literally.

Building a clan from scratch, by yourself no less, is about one of the hardest thing to do on SOCOM. Especially with established clans already from way back in the SOCOM II days. It is going to be a bumpy road and most clans don't make it far enough. But getting established is extremely tough and maintaining that is even tougher.

Getting a CORE group is the most important. And offering something, that no other clan is, is also important. I would say that you should give yourself a good 6 months to a year before you are fully a clan. I wouldn't even try to participate in a tournament site like UF until the clan were stable. But that is just me.

Good luck

Quality members are not easy to find. I have been recruiting for a few weeks now and have only picked up a handful of decent guys. a lot of people will show some interest, but when it comes time to show up, they fall short.

Good luck man.. i need it too.!!

Chili-Palmer ]

Quality members are not easy to find. I have been recruiting for a few weeks now and have only picked up a handful of decent guys. a lot of people will show some interest, but when it comes time to show up, they fall short.

Good luck man.. i need it too.!!

Cant be said any better...

I started back last Oct. Me and One other. We have great "CORE" Group that keeps us alive. But you will run into challenges on the way. Even, as a leader, it can become very stressful at times.

socom is hard to recruit for if you want loyal members- Why is listed below:

1. People still playing this game do so because they love the people (clan) they play with over all else in most cases (ask them).

2. There is no new blood joining this game... Sad but true... When the next patch does come out the game will be what it was meant to be- Too bad it will be going up against the likes of CODMW2... I just dont see any NEW folks jumping on a game that is this old.

It is possible though... There are many great examples here in UF. You might just need to grow your roster (getting anyone who will join in) and pick captains/ leaders that you can trust, then start to be more selective and weed through the mess... 3-6 months you will be in a much better place.

I remember back in the Socom2, 3, and CA days, we had 30-35 loyal and active members, during the week we could fill a 8v8 room easily. Weekends we could almost fill a 16v16 room. We lost more members from our transistion into the PS3. We picked up a more members from RB6:V2, GRAW2 and COD4 who had never played Socom. Many of these guys did not like the "slower" pace of the game (as you could see from one of our guys......LOL.) So many of those guys do not take it seriously like us Veterans of Socom. We can barely get 4 or 5 guys on these days. Recruiting is impossible when you roll into a room with 2 members.

We have pondered several options on the future of the clan: disband? join an active clan? or merger?

In the end, Socom is just not the same as it was in the "good ole' days"! If it wasn't for those 5 or 6 loyal members, I would have probably left it all together.

Our clan has had issues when it comes to seasons and schedule changes but they never leave the clan and when their back.. they obviously come back. Now we have been getting 2-3 recruits a week due to the fact we are very active on the game now through out the day. I think thats the real way you can get recuits is just playing and people getting to know your clan. Recruiting on fourms is good and you get some recruits but you usually don't get quality or mature players unless you've known them or your just lucky. These are people that will mostly jump boat after a while.

The game really is a nightmare. I log on when I see a bunch of my clan mates are logged on or when one sends me a text message or a phone call. I may enjoy myself for the first 20 minutes but after the game wears on and more and more BS floats to the surface my frustrations overwhelm my enjoyment and I'm ready for something different. It really is a sad reality and until Slant 6 gets their head out of their asses recruits, at least good recruits are going to be few and far between and each and every other shooter will continue to poach the fan base until no one is playing confrontation. The patch is LONG, LONG overdue and it's a bunch of far fetched promise and "just sit tight and be patient" backdoor sentiments. Slant 6 did a piss poor job and even the fan boys are slowly but surely trickling away from frustrationCOM and not returning. I'm almost full time Killzone 2 these days and a few months ago all I played was Socom mostly because of my former clan mates in Enemy Lines and my current clan mates in the Seriously Magnificent Gentlemen which is basically a bunch of EX-EL.

The game sucks. Plain and simple. Hopefully the patch is as good as advertised but I have ZERO faith in Slant 6. Thankfully most of us got a solid Bluetooth out of the deal.

The biggest thing in a successful clan is a strong and dedicated leader. [LPK] has been around since Socom 1 and the only reason we are still around is because Chaka never gave up. There were times were I wouldn't have played for like 6 months and he would call and tell me to get on out of no where. So just stick to it, it will be frustrating at times, but if you're persistent things will come together.

Peebrain ]

The biggest thing in a successful clan is a strong and dedicated leader. [LPK] has been around since Socom 1 and the only reason we are still around is because Chaka never gave up. There were times were I wouldn't have played for like 6 months and he would call and tell me to get on out of no where. So just stick to it, it will be frustrating at times, but if you're persistent things will come together.

However confrontation is all kinds of f*cked up at the moment and redemption isn't on the horizon. The game just isn't fun anymore and really THAT is the problem. Yes 100% great leadership goes a long, long way but when you're leader is doing everything in their power to press on and the game is constantly kicking you in the ball there isn't much you can do.

I'm learning still. I figured out how to link with HTML but this site it didn't work. I'll look into it better.

Also on the Socom.com forums I can't use the HTML or the IMG code. But I see others posting images etc. It's really dumb because the Killzone forums is the same maker as Socoms and I have no problems there.