So what game....

Should I get? I am thinking of maybe moving away from SOCOM or taking a break from it. Until it gets fixed. I hate playing the game with no sound. Plus other reasons...

So If A AVID Socomer that has played damn near nightly and LOVES 3rd person. What Should I get or try? The 1st 1st person shooter game I played was COD4. It took awhile, but I started getting the hang of it.

I dont play much offline games. I just log right online... So with that said I would like to hear what game has the best clan settings, less lag, and good graphics.

Just wanted to see what UFers thought...

Killzone 2 and it's not even close. Red Faction comes out next month and that's going to be 3rd person. The demo is out and it's fun but I'm not sure how it will translate to multiplayer. Apparently there is a multiplayer demo getting released this month. The 21st I believe but that's probably the one and only 3rd person game worth a sh*t coming out any time soon. Socom is frustration city and I've all but stopped playing and only log on to play with the choice few of which you're aware. I'd go rent Killzone 2 if i were you and see how it goes. It takes a little getting used to and you need to unlock the higher guns. The clan system works, the ladder works, the graphics may be the best on the system and Guerilla Game is ON TOP of things with a few patches, one DLC already and another on the way. It's really the only online shooter option IMO as I can't stand COD.

Madden 2010 looks to be incredible by the way. Write up on IGN.com talking about a few of the additions. I'm playing Killzone, NHL 09 and Socom sporadically with some GTA here and there with Taco, Wannaball and Hawkman.

Killzone 2 just break down and rent it/buy it. I doubt after you get the hang you'll be disappointed.

CoD:WaW. ;D

I recently tried to switch back to CoD4, but i just cant do it.. the teamkilling, & spawn n00b t00ber have almost ruined that game too.!! (its great in private, & an AFUKINGMAZING Co-op, but thats about it)

World at War is such a good game, you just have to get up to the better weapons, etc. (plus get used to 1st person)

Chili-Palmer ]

I recently tried to switch back to CoD4, but i just cant do it.. the teamkilling, & spawn n00b t00ber have almost ruined that game too.!! (its great in private, & an AFUKINGMAZING Co-op, but thats about it)

World at War is such a good game, you just have to get up to the better weapons, etc. (plus get used to 1st person)

Yup WAW. We play it every night is hell a fun. Takes the stress out of video gaming lol

Chili-Palmer ]

better guns? all you need is an MP40, freaking noob cannon.

CDBS14 ]

better guns? all you need is an MP40' date=' freaking noob cannon.

[/quote']I dont even know what that is, but i dont use it.

I use the M1A1 (single shot rifle), or Ppsh.? (SMG) with the Russian sniper rifle on my back. ALWAYS.!

Chili-Palmer ]
CDBS14 ]

I use the M1A1 (single shot rifle), or Ppsh.? (SMG) with the Russian sniper rifle on my back. ALWAYS.!

for hardcore? then yes.

I use the M1A1 all the time, but play on the non hardcore servers and the MP40 is king, any map. That thing is an automatic sniper rifle.

CDBS14 ]
Chili-Palmer ]
CDBS14 ]

for hardcore? then yes.

Of course Hardcore.. who wants to play where it takes a full clip or MORE to get a kill..!?

*raises hand every so slowly*

Gears of war 2?!?!

LOL

haha..

W@W was fun, but Im just not a fan of that "era" of weaponry.. and since MW2 is coming out later this year, I'll just take a break from cod for a while.

Curious though why no one really got into rainbow 6 vegas here...

HusH- ]
IRISH BULL ]

Uncharted 2 will have a third person multi-player. Get a demo code.

I will look into this. Do you happen to know how to get a demo code?

Pre-order inFamous or get a full subscription of Qore. The Qore subscription had a date limit on it though. Sometime this May.

Ok just to let you know its the same engine with better graphics and better game play. COD WAW. If you like COD 4 I can not see why you won't like COD WAW lol. Its basically the same thing only better. So the soliders look old and the weapons look old but it still has the same features as COD 4. Use dogs instead of a helicopter... still has air strikes and UAVs...

Get COD WAW. A lot of people play it in this community. Thus we have been having some great scrimmages...

Curious though why no one really got into rainbow 6 vegas here...

Vegas was actually really popular in this community when it came out on PS3. I knew a bunch of people who played it all the time because there was really no other games for the PS3 at that time.

I have Vegas 2 for 360 and I actually play that a lot on weekends or off-nights

Paidassassin ]

lol i was trying to say its getting old and boring cod 4 is just more modern and has weapons of this century :D

Which Century do you live in..? :o;):P

WaW has Fully Auto SMG's, & SICK Sniper Rifles too.!! ;D

Cool.. I just bought it on ebay like 2 days ago.. so, hopefully we'll shoot it up soon.

I was a big fan of terrorist hunt on the first vegas..

Love Co-op, Terrorist Hunt.!!

HATE Multiplayer. ;D

CDBS14 ]

i love RBSV2' date=' sucks no one plays it anymore; but this game just had so many issues on release day, it was un playable

[/quote']

strange.. there's a really really popular game here at Urgent Fury that people play...

I think its called... Socom.. and it too had "so many issues on release day, it was un playable" , yet odly enough, people still play it.(7 months later, and still just as many problems)

weird..