Ok so after I watched the trailer I gotta say the graphics look like crap. I hope thats not finished game play cuz the explosions look like trash and the guns look like toy guns. I really think MAG is going to be like Killzone everyone jumps on it for a few weeks and then end up going back to Socom and CoD.

Im just saying what I think, im not saying its going to be trash I just think it will go the Killzone route.

MaluNYMets ]

If only people were more negative on Socom. Maybe we could have gotten a better game or not have wasted 60 bucks on a piece of crap.

Negative or positive on forums I don't think it would have made a difference. Socoms failure started when Sony underestimated it's number one online title from it's previous console and picked a 3rd rate PSP developer to develop it's first next gen title. Instead of supporting and caring about Socom Sony has chosen to neglect and almost forget about it. So instead of getting a full Socom 4 with single player etc. We got this half a game that was released with tons of missing features and more than it's fair share of bugs. /6 was by no means prepared to develop this game when they got picked they had to hire some 80 people just to work on and complete this game. /6 is the definition of unprofessional and incapable. I will give them this they try but you know what sometimes trying just isn't good enough.

Already crapping on it and it hasn't even come out yet.

Forums = Negative People

No if I wanted to crap on it I would have said worse. Like I said I hope those are the unfinished graphics cuz they look like crap. Pay attention bro I wasn't saying it was a bad game just that graphics aren't up to what they can be.

meh... its an open forum right...

negative or positive.. people post opinions.. thats the whole reason why we're here arent we? To be heard?

When it comes to online gaming experiences.. specifically those involving Zipper / Slant 6, and Sony...

we really havent had the greatest of experiences. Granted, socom is a game we love, but each and every game has had its issues... and alot of them involved the shitty network.

So.. yeah

Zipper, Sony havent had a steller online gaming performance reputation, and Im basing my comment on history..

I really hope to be totally wrong about mag, but IM not gonna hold my breath that it'll be the game of the year...

meh... its an open forum right...

negative or positive.. people post opinions.. thats the whole reason why we're here arent we? To be heard?

When it comes to online gaming experiences.. specifically those involving Zipper / Slant 6, and Sony...

we really havent had the greatest of experiences. Granted, socom is a game we love, but each and every game has had its issues... and alot of them involved the shitty network.

So.. yeah

Zipper, Sony havent had a steller online gaming performance reputation, and Im basing my comment on history..

I really hope to be totally wrong about mag, but IM not gonna hold my breath that it'll be the game of the year...

Exactly.!!

We ALL hope it will be PERFECT, but their track record doesn't leave much for hope. I dont think optimism will change the outcome of the game. ;D

Crusty_Demons ]

I think with having to pay to play this game it will be a hit. I've been waiting for this for a while now. I hope they beta test this game for a while and send me a code lol

MAG will be free to play it's been confirmed by Zipper in a video interview.

You just ruined everything. :'(

Chili-Palmer ]

Where did you hear of pay to play for MAG.?

How would that even work.. like WoW.!?

I thought it was said a while back that they would have it pay to play. So the servers weren't shit. Now that they aren't I'm sure the servers will be shit and I will be playing socom and call of duty MW 2

• 2 weeks later...
Neoblackhound ]

Ok so after I watched the trailer I gotta say the graphics look like crap. I hope thats not finished game play cuz the explosions look like trash and the guns look like toy guns. I really think MAG is going to be like Killzone everyone jumps on it for a few weeks and then end up going back to Socom and CoD.

Im just saying what I think' date=' im not saying its going to be trash I just think it will go the Killzone route.

[/quote']

So I read another article about this game, the June issue of Play magazine. Every article I read has stated that the game looks amazing. So maybe that trailer was a very early version of the game. Now I know that there are some unscrupulous reporters out there that get their palms greased for a good review. But every article I read, either magazine or online has stated that this game is amazing and looks awesome.

Zipper is gonna have a huge showing of MAG at E3. I read the game will be playable at this event.

E3 Gets MAGnified

Obviously the beta will be a good test also. ;D

IF the game was good enough to make a teaser, I dont fathom the graphics being dramatically improved by the time they finish the game.

Otherwise, they wouldnt have released the trailer.

Early socom vids, we saw what it would pretty much look like early on, and well.. it was pretty close.

So.. id say its gonna be a less than stellar game graphically, but the loss here is made up with the amazing stellar online experience which im sure will be perfect on day one (sarcasm of course)

• 4 weeks later...
IRISH BULL ]
Goat ]

Is it just coincidence?

Are they setting themselves up for trouble what with MAG being just one letter off from LAG?

;)

I actually just read that joke in an article.

LOL Really? what article was it?

they are always stealing my jokes.. ;)

Goat ]
IRISH BULL ]
Goat ]

Is it just coincidence?

Are they setting themselves up for trouble what with MAG being just one letter off from LAG?

;)

I actually just read that joke in an article.

LOL Really? what article was it?

they are always stealing my jokes.. ;)

Damn it, I don't remember. But now its gonna bother me until I find it. I think it was the latest issue of Play Magazine. I remember reading at the Walden Books that's in the building I work at.

ThaTruthMVP (check him on youtube.com), was at the Sony E-3, and had 'handson' with the MAG game. He said it was a piece of shhhh! (see link, below). Although I must always try things out for myself, my hopes all ended when /6 wiped away the vaseline on us all, before the intercouse. Now they're trying to put the 1.5/6 in our mouths, so I'm not buying it. Like NeoBlackHound says, 'SOCOM...till we die, but I'll still give another online game, a try!'

REFERENCE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuEXJvmvuOA

That was interesting..

I believe him... especially about the hit detection, something zipper never did get right with socom so why would they get it right with mag?

p.s. so the last beta code was for uncharted 2 but what was the first one for? is Mag out on beta? or was that for some other beta game?