Peavy snubs White Sux trade

San Diego ace Jake Peavy has killed a proposed trade to the Chicago White Sox, invoking his no-trade clause to nix the deal, sources have told CBSSports.com.

---------------------

He will be donning Cubbie Blue by July 31st, bank on it. He wanted to either stay in the NL or on the West Coast, the Sox present neither obviously and there are better contenders to pitch for.

cubs don't have the pitching prospects to get it done. As a cards fan, i'd love to see Soriano's contract team up with Peavy's to put a collective noose around that teams neck. If they do a deal for him, hopefully either hoffpauier(?) or jake fox and Samardzija , or all thre, are a part of it.

Wrong meauxpack. The Cubs have the pitching prospects to get it done, but they don't want to give up Sean Marshall. That was one of the reasons the deal broke down in the offseason. They will not deal Hoffpauir and 99.9% certainly will not deal Samardzija. In fact Lou is considering moving Sori back to 2nd to make room in the outfield for Hoffpauir to start. One of the two sides will cave; the Cubs will either give the Padres what they want or the Pads asking price will lower as the suitors will not be present by July 31st.

Btw are you planning on playing your tournament game for the MLB 09 the Show tourney at GameLobby? I've tried to contact you to no avail.

yeah, im absolutely down for that tourney. i haven't heard anything about it tho. I'll pm you my email address. When are you guys looking to do it?

As far as Peavy/Cubs, outside of Marshall and Samardzija what four arms would the cubs be willing to deal that would be comparable to what the Sox were ready to give up? I am positive i don't know all that much about the Cubs farm system, i just know that i've read in several columns that the Cubs would have a hard time matching up to the deal the Sox worked.