Reaper(likely to be cancelled)

Renewed shows

-----------------------

Medium ( picked up by CBS)

Fringe

Bones

Chuck (only 13 eps during spring)

Southland

Two and a Half Men ( renewed for 3 more seasons)

Castle

Better Off Ted

Scrubs

Yea i was pretty surprised that "My Name is Earl" got cancelled, but am glad to see "24" is back for more.. & that "Medium" got picked up. (I've never seen it, but i'm hoping to start working on that show when they start filming the next season. ;D)

I really doubt more people watch Medium than Earl, but you have to look at it like a business.

The cost to create an episode vs the income of advertising. Earl may cost way more to produce, so they aren't able to keep up with it. Medium may not cost much at all so they can keep producing it.

OR

it could be that "Earl" has some actors that are planning on doing other things, so they want to shut it down rather than watch it go down the tubes. ;D

There has been a lot of this kind of thing happening lately in Radio.. not sure if anyone had a "Free FM" near them with Adam Carrolla in the morning, but that was the case there too, they had to shut it down because the cost of running the station is more than they can bring in, unless the MILLIONS of listeners wanted to start donating to help keep it going... It's a bummer, but thats why they call it a "depression". lol (recession)

My Name is Earl is officially done.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/06/my-name-is-earl-canceled.html?cnn=yes

Talk about lousy karma.

Despite reports that TBS was on the verge of rescuing My Name is Earl from NBC's scrap heap, a spokesperson for Twentieth Century Fox Television confirms that the Emmy-winning comedy is officially dead.

In a statement, the studio rep said, "While we had hoped to find a way to produce additional episodes for TBS, in the final analysis we simply could not make the economics work without seriously undermining the artistic integrity of the series. As none of us, [series creator] Greg [Garcia] included, want the show to go out on anything but a high note, we regret that we must put to rest any speculation that Earl will continue. We are grateful to everyone at TBS for their enthusiasm for the series and wish to offer our heartfelt thanks to the cast and crew of My Name is Earl for their incredible work."