anyone having DNS issues?

I've had it sporadically since the last firmware update. Another LPK member who lives near me and also has TWC cable has been having the same problems. The thing that works best* is to go into network settings and do the easy setup option and try again.

*its worked the last 3 times it happened. its probably just me praying to jobu, but im going to stick with it til it fails me next.

Guest REBORNevilloki

For some reason I can't log on for almost an hour or more it keeps saying Dnas error but when I check my modem all lights are on and then I turn my laptop on and I'm able to get connection. It's wierd!!!

my bet is on the fact that the socom.com clan sections are down too. it says "Game servers are currently unavailable. I have a few guys in my clan that are lagging out and freezing constantly and then cant get back on for hours. for the pst 3 days if you go to socom.com nothing but the forums work. got to love /6 and sony. they are on top of things around there.

This fix was found on the PSU message boards by a member of my clan. Make notes of your current settings before you change them in case you need to go back.

1. From your PS3's XMB, navigate to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings

2. Choose "Custom"

3. Then choose your connection type (wired or wireless). Continue through the setup (usually just selecting the default settings) until you get to "DNS Setting".

4. At "DNS Setting", choose "Manual". Here, you will enter the OpenDNS server addresses.

5. In "Primary DNS", enter 208.67.222.222

6. In "Secondary DNS", enter 208.67.220.220

7. Continue to the end of the setup (again, likely using the default, already selected values).

8. Test the connection when you get to the end, and pray for the best!

Crusty_Demons ]

This fix was found on the PSU message boards by a member of my clan. Make notes of your current settings before you change them in case you need to go back.

1. From your PS3's XMB, navigate to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Settings

2. Choose "Custom"

3. Then choose your connection type (wired or wireless). Continue through the setup (usually just selecting the default settings) until you get to "DNS Setting".

4. At "DNS Setting", choose "Manual". Here, you will enter the OpenDNS server addresses.

5. In "Primary DNS", enter 208.67.222.222

6. In "Secondary DNS", enter 208.67.220.220

7. Continue to the end of the setup (again, likely using the default, already selected values).

8. Test the connection when you get to the end, and pray for the best!

I've been having DNS Error problems for about 2 weeks now, also saw this on those forums tried it and have hade no problems for the past 5 days.