Clan Meetings.. CLan Practices

Hey I was just wondering if you don't mind. How often does your clan have clan meetings? What are the main areas your clan discusses? What is your belief on clan meetings. Does it help the clan?

Also clan practices. How often do you have them? What are some basic stuff you do if you don't mind from start to finish.

depends on the size and urgency that your clan needs to be organized for example a clan like yours i would have a meeting at least once a week, discussion would be wars that week,strategy,scouting reports,any news on clan mates and a possible lineup for your clan wars that week. as for practice a great place to start is in pubby rooms i would make it a point to play with your clan AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE....as for pre war an hour or 2 before each war unless you feel your clan needs more than that then every week mon,weds,fri plus an hour before each war or however you feel it suitable for you and your clan. during practice good things to do are go over key areas and who you want there,rushing patterns etc etc.....also throw in a game or something hide and go seek(to find all the hiding spots)pistols only (to learn rushing patterns) and right before a war make a respawn make sure you and your guys are warmed up and have been in plenty of gun battles before your war......these are little things that i find to help people work together and become a clan then again to each hes own i hoped this helped

I've never been a fan of a widespread clan meeting for one big reason: Attendance.

Getting 1-8 officers online, and in-game for a meeting can be challenging enough... add in regular shooters and you'll never have everyone present for a meeting. Not that the shooters would be at fault... I personally believe expecting 3-5 nightly of play, plus a set time aside just for a "meeting" is asking too much.

The best way to have a clan-wide discussion is via a forum, coupled with a "mandatory forum activity" policy. Forums work best because they can be viewed anytime, anywhere... make "attendance" much more flexible and realistic.

Officer meetings via AIM/PSN Home/In-Game etc might work well as a supplement, but nothing more.

[D*F] has weekly clan meetings. they last 30-45 minutes usually. we primarily talk about past wars and strategies; what worked and what didn't. We use this time to readjust squads based on strengths of players. We also approve of new recruits once a week during clan meetings.

If we were warring in UF or something, I would also discuss the times and dates of wars and set a lineup. Right now we basically talk schedules and who is going to be on and what night. I only have about 25 in my clan right now so it goes quickly, since usually only about 12 are on at any given time. If you have a much larger clan i would scale it down and look to a clan message board for most of the things talked about in the meeting.

I never liked ideas of mandatory meetings its easier to post on the site. Practice I say actually having a 8 v 8 full with say us <+> would help a lot cuz then we get to know more about each others movements, that way when your on a team together you know how to watch each others backs. Also everyday play is important if you play say two-three different games online your not going to be as affective as the person who plays just the one game online.

Practice practice practice all the time. Private matches with 6 to 18 guys, pistols only, nube toobs only, shotguns, snipers and no scope only snipers all day long. Clan leaders have meetings almost daily and entire clan meetings monthly unless were in a tournament then they go weekly. Practice really helps, you'd be surprised how good you get at no-scoping with even bolt actions. We can really see improvement in our members gameplay. Try small based teams and keep those guys together.

xRed0ctobeRx ]

They are called Forums for a reason.

**Forest gump voice**That is all I have to say about that. **Forest gump voice**

yes, but shit happens sometimes and not everyone can log on to forums. but i agree, it is much easier to post info on a forums.

I forgot one thing about practice. the one room we do make and practice about once a week is knife fights only. we make either crossroads and meet in the gazebo, or kasbah and meet in the middle tunnel room. it sounds like something just for fun, but i have got a lot better at knife kills since we started doing that.

Ummm we dont have practices or weekly clan meetings. We use 30-45 minutes b4 each war to discuss strategy and/or make fun of each other. We use the forums fo clan matters and I utilize mass emails bi-monthly or once a month to spread info. We send PSN messages in case news is high urgency. I keep a council of officers so that no officer is over worked and so we always have a squad leader on. I run my clan very democratically so all feel an ownership. We make it a point to always play together in pubby rooms and recruits who dont get that point dont make it far. Most of the time in rooms we get stuck once again ripping on each other and having a blast. We get serious when we need to . I leave it at that because I dont believe in micro-managing and all of our members are grown ups who have alot going on. Like the one guy said, mandating 3-4 nights a week can already b taxing enough. This works 4 us as were 19-14-1 in Black and had a sokid run in CR. We also have a very small voluntary turnover rate which i believe our laisez-faire attitude is a main reason why. We also do 80% of our recruiting through refferals.

AND WE KEEP IT OUT OF OUR BUTTS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
MaluNYMets ]

Good post everyone! I was talking to my other clan members and some of them feel respawning doesn't work and it doesn't help practices. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Respawn never helps anything.!!

Even if you are just doing a walkthrough on a map, if your guys cant keep their guns in their holsters they aren't going to pay enough attention anyway.

[cKs] has a Clan Briefing once every six days. This way, it's not on set days of the week like every Monday, it will change from Monday to Sunday to Saturday....etc. Members will be able to attend 2 or 3 of the five monthly briefings.

We start off by going over major announcements and changes in the clan that are also posted on the forums. It helps those without forum access to keep in the loop and also a reminder for everyone else and a chance to share their opinion. This lasts usually 30 mins max to keep boredom down. Usually a quick 5 minute open floor at the end.

Afterwards, we will get a war, practice an upcoming map or take over a medley. Whatever it is, it is done as a clan. We get to be a pretty tight group.

As for the respawn, it only helps for warming up or cooling down. It is not beneficial for a serious practice or scrimmage.

MaluNYMets ]

Good post everyone! I was talking to my other clan members and some of them feel respawning doesn't work and it doesn't help practices. Anyone have any thoughts on it?

We run a respawn before every war... We know the maps, we know the strategy, so we throw on FF DG or Xroads and Respawn for a 50 kills or so, maybe 4 rounds. Get a really good warm up in, that way you shake off any rust from not play in a couple days or so.

We also never have any structured meetings or practices, (We used to have a structured regroup before a warm up room, which was a practice for that nights war when we played in combine assault but not so much anymore)

Deja-Voodoo- ]
Chili-Palmer ]
MaluNYMets ]

Respawn never helps anything.!!

Even if you are just doing a walkthrough on a map' date=' if your guys cant keep their guns in their holsters they aren't going to pay enough attention anyway.

AMEN!

i think your missing the point of a respawn its meant to make sure you have been in lots of gun battles ,the more gun battles you have been in the more likely you'll be successful in the war that follows. if you get on an hour or 2 before a war and make a normal room you only really get in a few gun battles as opposed to a respawn you get in lots esp with no nades i myself love to use crappy weapons against power weapons (famas,ak etc...) it really helps me concentrate on my gunbattle skills (juking,diving,cover,) then just spray and pray...some people this helps alot i know because i feel alot more confident and warmed up after a good 20 min respawn again just things that I find that help me become successful.so really saying it never helps anything is really a comment based off yourself not everyone elses

Guest CplKoontz

i absolutly hate respawn, but it does have some advantages,

Like sniper practice, you have oen guy on one side and other guys post up on the map, and he shoots them, instead of waiting for the round to restart, they can reapwn and the guy can practice using differant spots...

It works pretty good...also a clan that wants to just have fun can do respwan to practice, knifing, pistols only ect, practice makes perfect..

however I dont think a clan rolling in a room doing respawn will be as tactical as a clan that plays one kill matches...

but for a clan room, respawn can have advantages,....

Well, we have clan meetings every week, same day and time, and only lasts for not more than 1 hour (depends on the amount of topics to discuss). This 1 hour maximum, is 'nothing', compared to the time members play on their games, so it is expected that our members show up out of respect..and to know what's going on with upcoming Tournaments as well as getting key adjustments done on the rosters.

We also put the upcoming Agenda and the results into our Forum, for those who cannot make it. But we do the clan meetings 'on game', because we have alot of trouble getting some members 'off the game', and into the forum!

I have noticed that some members are on the PS3 network 'while we have meetings'. Those members (IMO) are showing a great lack of regard and respect, for this organization, so they are given warnings, and the next time...their tags are removed. They can 'then' only get their tags back, after making 3 consecutive meetings. I don't think that is strict, but 'other clan members' notice these people on the game (during clan meeting times), and it affects the structure of the clan if it is allowed, so this is why we do this...to keep it from spreading. We don't harp on much, but just having a 'regular meeting', allows members from 'one roster', to see members of our 'other rosters'! I think it's a great idea, especially for those who we cannot get 'off the game'.

Practices, are various and not regular. We are strugling with proper gameplay tactics, but are working on our team, so that we can have a 'set format', on how to win matches. Mixing the maps with 'some of them being RESPAWN', helps because many members have ADD and it puts a strain in practice to have them waiting for the rounds to be over. It is bad enough, that we ask them to 'hold back' in wars (when necessary), and etc.

In my experience, players have very little patience and time for anything outside the game.

For NNN, we developed several tools (http://PapaTangoPapa.net, http://PapaTangoPapa.com, http://PapaTangoPapa.com/forums/) that really make it easy to organize our clan, but it is extremely hard to get people to pay attention.

In particular, we wrote that thing called "The Availability Tracker". Players plug in their availability and roster officers can then figure out the best times to set up practices and matches. It makes projection 2 weeks ahead of time. It's very useful and it only takes 5 minutes to get set-up. But, it's still too much for a lot of people.

Then we came up with this http://papatangopapa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31538. We don't use the point system because it bugs people too much. But the rest has worked quite well.

when i had my clan [NGK] NEW GENARATION KILLERS we would practice daily. we would find a clan that would be willing to practice with us and we would play one or two rounds. then we would move into a demo room " we were a demo clan just to let you know'' and then tear it up in there. we would stay in that room until everyone on the other side got sick and tired of loosing, or until my guys got bored and decided to get off. meetings we never had meetings maybe we should have but we didn't. and the reason why that clan is no longer together is because i let someone into the clan who just ran everyone off. so i joined [eNd]Less FeaR and then left that. i will not state why for special reasons.