Chili-Palmer ]

IF it works.. it may take some time before they actually get it right, as we have seen things in the past do not pan out right away. lol

But 360 does have a good track record for releasing things that work. So yes in time this should definitely make a huge difference in gaming and other facets of our lives.!! (imagine changing the channel on the TV, or turning on off lights, TV, console, oven. anything really. lol)

Lol they have a track record with making things that work? I'm not a Sony fan boi but if anything Microsoft now has a track record for making a shoddy system. Great when working but with a at one point 66% failure rate and a reported 33% failure rate they definitely did something wrong.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bleachrulez ]
CDBS14 ]

i think SONY was better than microsoft.

Everyone is basing MS on just NATAL? seriously? idk if maybe i was one of the few to notice this but NATAL is just a fun technology' date=' i doubt anyone here will play HALO with that. In my opinion SONY showed better games even MS still had an impressive line up but i mean uncharted2 looks amazing, GOD OF WAR3 is just......just.....EPIC. MAG actually seemed decent and i think they will pull it off by fall or holiday season.

IDK why people say NINTENDO sucked, they had a 2 new mario games and new metroid, that is awesome. I love the fact that i own all three consoles because either way i get games for all 3.

[/quote']

AGREE, but the Nintendo conference was mad boring bro

did you see ubisoft? that was boring.....AVATAR....AVATAR THIS....MOVIES THIS AND THAT!!!

Yesterday I only caught bits of the Natal tech but I'm watching the re-air right now. Why is everyone so exited about this? Are you guys really going to be jumping around in the living room? or turning your imaginary steering wheel? While the tech is definitely cool for a certain population. I am in no way shape or form interested in hopping around my living room on a fake skateboard. The media end is cool though....

either way I was honestly more interested in the 2nd half of the PS3 conference than I was what 360 is bringing to the table and this dude running the show is such tool box, not that tretton is any less nerdy.

EDIT: And they're just parading celebrities out on stage. "YEA! WOO! YEA!"

Lol they have a track record with making things that work? I'm not a Sony fan boi but if anything Microsoft now has a track record for making a shoddy system. Great when working but with a at one point 66% failure rate and a reported 33% failure rate they definitely did something wrong.

Yes true, i did mean games working from release, but i do see a lot more yellow lights these days than Red Rings. ;)

Also 66% was nothing but fiction.

z-Prime-z ]

I'm exited about Natal. I've always wanted to play a game of madden and it be more like me playing the game then me controlling a guy. I have always wanted to play sports games like that.

See as a diehard madden gamer that doesn't interest me at all BUT different strokes for different folks. I don't play video games to jump around the living room. It's a novelty and nothing more IMO. You aren't going to get the kind of precision controls with Natal as you would with a controller and everything needs to be dumbed down in order for it to work on the motion control level.

Chili-Palmer ]

Yes true, i did mean games working from release, but i do see a lot more yellow lights these days than Red Rings. ;)

Yea the 66% was reported from the insider that caught a lot of heat for the statement. Now EVEN if the 66% is B.S the 33% isn't and that number is ridiculous. Either way I enjoy the 360 just as I enjoy certain games on the Wii.

lol still watching the Natal presentation and this is retarded. Really.

You aren't going to get the kind of precision controls with Natal as you would with a controller and everything needs to be dumbed down in order for it to work on the motion control level.

Agreed, it would seem that way, but if they happen to make it work the way it needs to, it could be VERY impressive.!

z-Prime-z ]

I'm exited about Natal. I've always wanted to play a game of madden and it be more like me playing the game then me controlling a guy. I have always wanted to play sports games like that.

i actually think NATAL is meant to attract the casual gamer nothing else, i doubt games are gonna have such a large compatibility with it and in reality there will just be tons of arcade games and a few exclusives that use NATAL.

Chili-Palmer ]

is that a joke

Chili-Palmer ]

I look over many of those & other sites too, but i dont see as many.

Since we are talking about CURRENT red rings vs CURRENT yellow lights.

Care to post some current links.?

that is one daunting task, lol. GT bans for posting about YLOD so most of the time i see them in faction posts and or blogs people have there, and to be honest numbers of YLOD and RROD are similar but i always seem to see more 360 failures than PS3, maybe because there are just more 360s out there.

Chili-Palmer ]

Not at all. :-\

I see way more yellow light complaints than red ring complaints these days.?

You dont.?

Where do you see all of these red ring complaints still.?

I at first didn't realize what you were saying and yes you are 100% incorrect. There is still a lot of red lights occurring even with the most recent builds. The PS3's failure rate I believe is under 5% and the 360 is still at the very least over 25%.

Chili-Palmer ]

Not at all. :-\

I see way more yellow light complaints than red ring complaints these days.?

You dont.?

Where do you see all of these red ring complaints still.?

I at first didn't realize what you were saying and yes you are 100% incorrect. There is still a lot of red lights occurring even with the most recent builds. The PS3's failure rate I believe is under 5% and the 360 is still at the very least over 25%.

from what i heard the most recent build is not an RROD but something else/similar.

bleachrulez ]

AMEN

Bleach you just thorow your 2 cents in whenever you think someone ELSE can back it up.. lol

But i would still like to see where you guys see more complaints about CURRNT RROD's than YLOD's

Cuz in all honesty i dont see those numbers being anywhere near correct. (5% & 25%)

z-Prime-z ]

They make video games for people like you, who suck at real sports. Why would you want to get schooled and ridiculed in your living room while your kids watch?

Seriously, the wii is too much work, there's no way i would want to use my entire body to play a game. That would get old real quick. Everytime you get an itch you tk someone. LOL

I would say the NATAL technology is more a danger to our children than a fun toy.

My kids aren't allowed to play games more than 30 minutes a day. Hypocritical? Probably, but I rode my bicycle and played OUTSIDE when I grew up. Gaming was for after dinner, or rainy days. Now that I'm an adult and having to stay indoors to watch children, or entertain myself after they go to bed....I game.

Give them something like this is like saying "don't go outside, we can work you out indoors!" FUCK THAT. Get your chubby little asses outside and eat some friggin dirt! Make a fort, ride a bike, steal a car, just GO OUTSIDE!

If I wanted my games to MAKE me work, I would......work! I wouldn't PLAY games. I would do work.

Nuff said on that.

Now on a controller that has motion technology. I would like a gun that you could use to play Socom. I would like to have to reload, aim, and shoot to play a FPS or a TPS. Other than that, I don't care.

i agree with tool, but these kids are all growing up during the internatz generation so they're pretty much the victim of the man.

it wasn't until recent years that i really started to pick up gaming. i always gamed, but i was never home because i was out playing sports and crap rather than sitting at home playing games all day, but times are changing.

i still think that Natal has great potential and might be more fun than harm. but I have it in mind where it's more of a party thing rather than a hardcore gamer type of technology. you gotta remember that there are tons of people out there who love the whole interactive gaming thing where they can move around and have fun. that's why the wii was such a hit to a lot of people. the idea of people able to move and play a video game is stunning to a lot of people, even though to us its like eh.

personally, i wouldn't use it that much, if at all. but it is a great technology and something groundbreaking.

however, ill take a controller with a day of playing in the dirt over Natal anyday