MAG gameplay

So far. Remember, they were playing with 256 people that they obviously knew and probably worked for Zipper. It's going to be a lot different in public servers.

Definitely looked good though. Stole some ideas from CoD (UAV and Airstrikes). They pretty much break it down into four battles of 32v32. Looked good.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

So far. Remember, they were playing with 256 people that they obviously knew and probably worked for Zipper. It's going to be a lot different in public servers.

Definitely looked good though. Stole some ideas from CoD (UAV and Airstrikes). They pretty much break it down into four battles of 32v32. Looked good.

then cod stole those ideas from battlefield :o :o :o :o

Although yes played by zipper at least.....at least i didnt see any glitches or bugs unlike the E3 developer walk through from /6 for socom.

You have to play broken Socom the rest of your life. ;D

Lmao.. :)

It does look like it could be good, but i hope you can turn respawn off, because there are too god damn many people on the screen at once. lol

I'm sure it was just the perspective that they showed it from, but i dont see this being fun for most shooter fans, but i think i would like it myself.

It seemed like less gun battle & more directives.

Also looked very similar in game play to Battlefield Bad Company MP, but with more people.

I actually think FPS fans will like this. It's objective-based with each platoon having different objectives, but it still has that run and gun feel to it. It's very easy to see how they will get a huge base of fans to play this. I think that it might be strictly respawn (or at least predominantly) with a time limit. It's just way too big of a game for it to be one death and you're gone. With the amount of players, the first guy to die can go watch a movie and come back before its over

CDBS14 ]

Although yes played by zipper at least.....at least i didnt see any glitches or bugs unlike the E3 developer walk through from /6 for socom.

Is there video of that?!! That sound hilarious. Also, thanks for posting this. I got on the the live stream right at the end of this presentation.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

There is no possible way someone could steal air strikes and UAV's those things are to war as bread is to peanut butter and jelly. If anyone had their air strikes and UAV's stolen it's the U.S. Military.

IRISH BULL ]
CDBS14 ]

Is there video of that?!! That sound hilarious. Also' date=' thanks for posting this. I got on the the live stream right at the end of this presentation.

[/quote']

It's in the beginning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV_94DDDe5w

Crusty_Demons ]
Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

There is no possible way someone could steal air strikes and UAV's those things are to war as bread is to peanut butter and jelly. If anyone had their air strikes and UAV's stolen it's the U.S. Military.

LOL Crusty, I was going to bust his tiny munging balls on this too. ;)

When I was watching this today and chatting with someone on AIM, a HORRIBLE thought came to us, imagine that your commander is a 12 yr old snot. Also, some haven't paid attention, it's not possible for it to be 1v1 on a super huge map.

What's got me excited now that all the unveiling is done at E3 is the future of gaming. It's a great time to be a console gamer.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

I think that it might be strictly respawn (or at least predominantly) with a time limit. It's just way too big of a game for it to be one death and you're gone.

That's the ENTIRE PROBLEM with respawns. No punishment for being stupid or foolish. There is no risk/reward factor going on in respawns, because there is no risk for doing the wrong thing, you respawn and get to try again in a few seconds.

But you have to be a critical thinker to think like that. Or at least be a chess player, once a piece is off the board, you don't get it back unless you reach the other side with the weakest piece on the board.

MAG does look pretty cool but I'm still not sold. Hog brings up a great point. What reason is there to play smart when you can spawn in 3 seconds? Everyone can run around like an asshole if there are no repercussions.

On another note in that socom video how the hell do you get up on the roofs where those terrorists are towards the end of the video? I've never seen that before unless it was just a weird view.

They respawns work like Warhawk and Battlefield, when you take ground that becomes the new respawn. However if you notice, the respawn is a helicopter that is piloted and protected by actual players so they can be taken out.

And as for the 1 v 1 question, YES I'm sure it's possible, anything's possible. But given the format of individual squads separated from the rest of the game and can only communicate through unit commanders or squad leaders if you will, and then the respawns, it's hard to imagine that only 2 people would be left alive on a map.

The part where the grenade was thrown, looks awful. Its a lot like when you toss a nade in Warhawk. You see the arm move, and then a nade just appears thrown from the side of your head.

You have no sense of respawn time yet because every vid is obviously a MOD with some sort of God mode turned on.

But like SOCOM, Killzone, and CoD4, I will get it the day its released. Along with Modern Warfare 2.

Prane ]

On another note in that socom video how the hell do you get up on the roofs where those terrorists are towards the end of the video? I've never seen that before unless it was just a weird view.

That is the roof in the terrorist spawn area. You C4 that wall and get up there. ;)