G.A.P. Members check email for Uncharted 2 beta invites

I just got mine, but after reading the Playstation forums, not all G.A.P. members will get an invite. The first wave was sent today, not sure if there will be any more invites. They only allow the code to be used once, which prevents you from sharing with friends. I can't wait, it's supposed to be out sometime tonight!

BacklasH ]

WOW. Look at the new trailer:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

That trailer looks good.. But the one i saw from E3 a game play video was cool except that they show the guy get lit up by the heli.. and i mean LIT THE FUK UP. but doesn't die, & also is able to hide behind a coffee table & couch to avoid the heli's fire. (and im no military geek so i have no idea what kind of heli or what kind of gun it is, but i assure you it is a SERIOUS gun. lol) Fire that should melt a couch or coffee table.

I loved playing the first one until the end when the monsters came into play.. that was so dissappointing. :-\

Chili-Palmer ]
BacklasH ]

WOW. Look at the new trailer:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

That trailer looks good.. But the one i saw from E3 a game play video was cool except that they show the guy get lit up by the heli.. and i mean LIT THE FUK UP. but doesn't die, & also is able to hide behind a coffee table & couch to avoid the heli's fire. (and im no military geek so i have no idea what kind of heli or what kind of gun it is, but i assure you it is a SERIOUS gun. lol) Fire that should melt a couch or coffee table.

I loved playing the first one until the end when the monsters came into play.. that was so dissappointing. :-\

I was thinking the same thing! lol I know its a "game" but there's got to be some realism. I mean, its a friggin' Gatling gun!

Gatling Gun

Acceptance to the Gamer Advisory Panel is by invitation only. You must be signed into the PlayStation Network in order to access the GAP.

If you feel you received this message in error, please sign out of the PlayStation Network & sign back in. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Service (800-345-7669) with your first and last name & email address.

i got the email but i cant find link? Or did i just not get invite?

Have put several HOURS in already and it has it's fun points. It's kind of a cross between first and third person. NO LAG but only 5 or 6 guys per side on small yet cluttered maps that have a large vertical element to them LOOK UP LOL It has run flawlessly all evening which is a nice change LOL. All in all game play and graphics are slightly arcade-ish I like the plunder game mode, very cool game mode. It takes a TON of hits to get a kill and it seems like you die after 1 or 2 hits lol again arcade-ish.

Only 2 maps and 2 modes from what I can tell so far.

Chaka ]

Acceptance to the Gamer Advisory Panel is by invitation only. You must be signed into the PlayStation Network in order to access the GAP.

If you feel you received this message in error, please sign out of the PlayStation Network & sign back in. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Service (800-345-7669) with your first and last name & email address.

i got the email but i cant find link? Or did i just not get invite?

Chaka you have to be signed into the playstation website under the account that is GAP certified. I had this problem trying to sign in as backlash, but when I signed in as smokeosama it worked. Once you get the code you can download it to whichever username you like.

xRed0ctobeRx ]

How do you become a G.A.P. member?

It's random they say. You have to be invited into it, I think they use to send out invited every couple of months, not sure what the process is now. I kept my PSU profile up to date and always entered all my hardware and games into the site. I heard this helps, after my second PS3 was registered I got an invite. Not sure if that really had anything to do with it or not. Ever since they merged the PSU and the PSN I haven't really followed the process.

http://gap.us.playstation.com/

Anyone can click this address if your a gap member it will let you in.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psxunderground&thread.id=15352

Here is the link to the boards for Playstation Underground. Read this thread, it explains more.

The game is fun IMO. Hit detection at this moment leaves a lot to be desired. But I shot it up for several games last night and had a fun time. It has potential, no lag that I seen. Third person when your running around which I really like, when you aim or zoom it seems to go into a over the shoulder view. Give it a try its pretty cool. Especially for a closed beta I was pretty impressed.

I played this for a couple of hours last night, great game. Make sure you update your profile, because IMO, it makes a difference. I have more ammo for the clips and better long rifle accuracy.

It does take a lot of rounds sometimes to put someone down. But like Snowbud said, maybe the hit detection is off. Or I suck, lol. The graphics are amazing, very crisp.

I also think the AK-47 is completely nerfed. When I spawn, I immediately grab that other long rifle. Much more powerful and it has a red dot scope, but its not full auto. The Gatling gun is cool, but you move like Frankenstein carrying it.

Oh, does anybody have issues quitting this game? Everytime I hold down the PS button to bring up the menu, I hit

"quit game" and it does the triple error beep and restarts my entire PS3. It comes back fine, but I'm sure that is not supposed to happen.