PROTOTYPE Reviews - Buy or Rental...?

Hi, I'm Sniper, I'm new here. ;)

Has anyone here rented/bought/played Prototype? I love open world/sandbox games like the GTA series so I was interested in this game and I'd like some feedback from anyone who has played it and is also a fan of open world games. Most game site reviews give it favorable ratings but the reviews are mixed. Some say the gameplay and animation is great but that the graphics kind of suck, others say that the graphics are beautiful but controls take getting used to, etc.

Thoughts?

**I don't have the game but I've watched people play it via live feed**

I looked at IGN's video reviews and the city really DOES look like crap. IGN states it in the video, but there is a lot of pop-ins and plain textures throughout the city. All the buildings pretty much look the same and there isn't much to be stunned about.

The gameplay seems alright. There's just something about it that doesn't seem to have that awe factor to me, honestly. They focused tremendously on destructible environments but I don't think there's much beyond that. I DO know that the main character has a shitload of abilities he can gain and use throughout the story, but some you might never even use.

If it were up to me, I would choose inFamous over this.. then again, I'm talking only based on what I've SEEN

No, it's coming out for both. They announced it for 360 because it would be a huge deal that MGS is going multi-platform, but it's definitely coming out for PS3.

It's going to be created on a brand new engine instead of the MGS4 engine, because of the whole multi-platform deal. However, Kojima did say that this new engine they're building will eventually look better than MGS4 engine

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

No, it's coming out for both. They announced it for 360 because it would be a huge deal that MGS is going multi-platform, but it's definitely coming out for PS3.

It's going to be created on a brand new engine instead of the MGS4 engine, because of the whole multi-platform deal. However, Kojima did say that this new engine they're building will eventually look better than MGS4 engine

sounds interesting

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Better graphics than MGS4...? Wow. I did a quick search just now and I read that Kojima wasn't going to be at the helm on this one:

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/142/14276686.html

Yeah, Kojima stated that he trusts his team enough to know that they will be able to put out a great game without his help. Instead, he wants to put all his focus into Peace Walker for the PSP because he's including a lot of information about the Cold War. Something about him wanting to create the storyline perfectly to fit into the series without confusing anyone

SNIPER ]
NEO-X- ]

Sniper' date=' Im sure you're stoked about the new MGS right?!?!!?

Metal Gear Solid: Rising staring the uber badass Raiden

[/quote']

Isn't that only coming out for the 360? I'm not a big Raiden fan, he'll never replace Snake.

dude, NO ONE will EVER replace snake.. he is, and forever will be the most epic badass of all time..

But Raidens character design is pretty awesome, and I love how insane he was in mgs4..

**SPOILERS**

i.e. Cutting off his arm, or stabbing his foot with his katana...