Losing Weight...

MaluNYMets ]

I remember a thread up for losing weight what happened to it?

Anyways anyone have any good suggestions on losing weight other then exercising? Any good diets?

I was looking to drop about 10-15 pounds.

Go to flushing meadow park and run/jog the lake every morning or every 2 days. :) :)

MaluNYMets ]

I remember a thread up for losing weight what happened to it?

Anyways anyone have any good suggestions on losing weight other then exercising? Any good diets?

Drop the soda and the bad sugars. 10lbs every time.

Water. Drink a gallon a day and you'll loose weight. Could loose as much as 10 pounds in 2 weeks.

And burning more than you bring in is the best diet around. Its been proven many times. Even a little exercise burns calories. Weight lifting will burn calories for 72 hours and cardio will burn calories for 24 hours.

MaluNYMets ]

Chop off your head..

;)

LOL seriously though it takes exercise.. yeah diets help but only when you combine it with a good workout routine. Join a local Martial arts program, ride a bike, start jogging, lift weights, join a summer baseball league.. whatever? find something you like to do that involves moving your body quite a bit, cut down on the extra food and those extra pounds will be gone by summer's end.

Guest CplKoontz

Start off with a cleansing agent, preferrably something from an herbal shop... most adults have 15-45 pounds of waste stuck to the walls of their colon, while using the cleansing agent drink water, or fruit drinks and eat vegatables and pasta.

Also try to excerise while on it.. The great thing is after around a month of cleaning out the waste stuck to the walsl of your colon and mild excercise; such as a bike or even power walking, most adults tend to lose 20-25 pounds.

Remember water is one of the most important things you can use for your body, as are fruits.

While the key to gaining weight is to burn more than you intake, alot of people keep forgetting about the crap stuck to the walls of their colon. Other good sports to lose weight are

Running

Basketball

Sex (believe it or not, but most people burn arond 1500-1750 calories every time they have sex)

Well I lost 15 in two weeks.

I used this site to figure out what was a 'good' meal to eat, and what wasn't.

http://caloriecount.about.com/

I am basing my diet on 1900 calories a day, all the while making sure the calories I do eat come from good sources. I HAVE been excersising, but I dropped 10 right off with very little effort.

My daily diet consists of:

Weight Watchers breakfast bar: 220

Apple and a banana between breakfast and lunch: 274

weight watchers Panini sanwich for lunch: 289

bag of Pop Secret low fat personal popcorn: 100

100 Calorie snack:100

Dinner: 5-600

This is about what I've been doing. My first week I snacked more, and used all 1900 calories, but the second week my body was used to less intake and I can go with around 1500. Also, an icecream cone from McDonalds is a GREAT snack. It fills that sugar void, and only has 150 calories. I try to walk about 2-3 miles three times a week, but I want to drop nearly 70lbs.

I also cut back on beer, but if you want to drink beer, work it in. Be sure to track it via that site, and you can save room for a few adult beverages. I also drink TONS of soda still, but only Diet Mt Dew. (about 5 a day) It has 0 cal. 0 fat, and 0 sugars. I ofset each pop with a 16oz water.

Good luck man. In two weeks I went from 270 to 253, so I know it works!

The last 3 weeks I have lost 25 lbs. I went from 262 to 237.

My Diet:

Breakfast: Slimfast, a black coffee.

Morning Break: back coffee, banana or apple.

Lunch: Slimfast

Dinner: Chicken breast and a vegetable.

I drink about 8 bottles of water a day. NO soda at all. Not even diet.

Workout habits:

On the treadmill I walk 4 miles in 60 minutes 5 to 6 times a week. 4 days a week I powerlift.

I'm mainly getting myself into Football shape. This last winter I got real lazy and put on a few extra pounds that I want to get rid of plus a few more. I'm figuring by the end of July I should be at my target weight of 220 lbs. That should put me into that 6-8% body fat where I would like to play at this season.

Guest CplKoontz
willywonka159 ]

My God you guys are fat. I want to lose fat (not weight - by gaining muscle) and I'll be starting to exercise a lot more starting tomorrow (first day of summer ;) ). I am 5'8" and weigh 125lbs.

I am not fat:)

5' 10'' and I weigh around 160...

I also want to gain about 20 ponds:) muscles of course not fat:)

Okay, I have taken multiple college courses on diet and nutrition, and have done tons of research. No mater what, diet says this or that. It all boils down to this:

You have to burn more calories than you take in to loose weight. Its that simple.

I have found that the most successful way to drop the fat, is to eat 1 meal every 2 and a half to 3 hours each day. Each meal should consist of a protein, and carbohydrate, and a vegetable. Each of those should never be bigger than a clenched fist. No fried stuff, cheese, soda, sugars. This is why this works.

When you only eat 1 to 2 big meals a day, your body begins to store that food for energy later as fat, because it knows that it will not be fed for 6 hours after you eat. It takes your body about 3 hours to digest a meal. Once you begin to eat every 3 hours, your body will soon realize it doesn't need to store food anymore for energy later. It will consume what it needs, and discard the rest. You MUST limit calorie intake during these 6 meals or obviously it won't work.

I do this 6 days a week, and ONE day a week only, as a reward. On that "free day" eat what ever the hell you want. As much of it as you want. seriously.

I have been doing this ever since I got out of the Marine corps. When i quit smoking I went from 165 pounds to 235. SERIOUSLY!! I dropped 45 pounds in 84 days doing this.

For results like I had you have to exercise each morning on an empty stomach. When you eat a meal, and go exercise, you burn the food you just ate, instead of the fat stores in your body. Exercise on an empty stomach and then wait 1 hour before you eat a meal. Studies have shown that doing this can burn up to 200 percent more fat than other methods.

If you need more information, I would be happy to send it to you. I have a degree in this shit. I know what I am talking about.

Crusty_Demons ]

I've heard P90x is a good program.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x.do

You can probably find a copy of the video on the internet somewhere.

Make sure you're physically ready for P90X before you start it. It WILL kick your ass. Especially the ab workout.

MaluNYMets ]

Good stuff Tool... Whats exercising schedule like?

I have:

Eliptical Machine

Bowflex

Heavy bag

I use all three, and usually it's 1 time a week eliptical, 3 times a week for the Bowflex. I just hung up my bag again, and went 3 3 minute rounds on it. Trust me, that will get a fatty tired. ;)

I also try to walk 3 times a week, about 2 miles. Sometimes I have more energy, and throw another mile in, but I try to get anywhere between 30-1 hour in.

Brilliant content on health and fitness @ crossfit.com

"World Class Fitness in 100 Words"

"Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and NO sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.

Practice and train major lifts: deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics:pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstands, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast.

Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. ROUTINE IS THE ENEMY. Keep workouts short and intense.

Regularly learn and play new sports!"

-Coach Greg Glassman. Founder of Crossfit.com

From My personal experience I have had the best results/performance following the "Paleo Zone" diet. It is hard to adhere to but when I have hard training or competition I follow it striclty for 6-8 weeks. I exercise 6 days a week mostly doing the "workout of the day, or WOD" on the crossfit website. I couple this with Martial Arts training 8 hrs a week and consider myself to be pretty fit.

I agree with much of what Seqouyah, Goat and others have already stated, though I do believe something must be said for Monounsaturated/polyunsaturated fats. These are Macadamia nuts, Olives, olive oil, avocado, almonds, etc. They are good fats that promote heart health and hormonal regulation, they should have a small place in every meal eaten throughout the day (excluding pre/post workout meals).

That is my 2 cents, probably confused you but if you would like any more info just lemme know.