How does your Clan Rank System work?

503s 2008.5 rules and ranks. We are currently revising this as well as our website.

First off , the rules them selfs.. being that we are a PS3 clan rather then a game specific clan..even though at the moment we are a CoD4 clan.. soon to be a Confrontation clan.. our goal is to be more open. So these rules were put together by Shel and myself...

RULES:

1. No Cheating of any kind

2. Treat all clan members with respect

3. Treat all opponents or allys with respect

4. Dont commit to anything you cant be there for (wars, practices, etc.)

5. Never give up, always try your hardest

6. Know and follow 503's chain of command, even if you dont agree with them

7. Know and follow 503's Rule expectations

8. Read message board, post or no post we all need to be on the same page

9. Be on frequently, loggin on 1 time per month isnt frequent

10. Must have a microphone for communication, unless games dont support

11. Contribute as much as you can, all will be different, so do what you can

12. Always have fun, its hard sometimes but that is why we started playing games

These are pretty obvious and will be enforced to the full extent of what they are.

Next i have included the "CHAIN OF COMMAND" .. if you feel you want an explanation for your status or want to move up or down talk to me, shel or murda and we will resolve whatever.

CHAIN OF COMMAND:

1. inadub - Leader

2. usmc_cmurda - Co-Leader

3. shel187 - Co-Leader

4. mrbond - Captain

5. pazz - Private

6. lil vc - Private

7. cynical2u - Private

8. bhu420 - Private

9. SGT_tico - Private

Next up is the Ranks w/ a short description of time required to acheive and what we would like out of each rank. Although they are titled NON DUTIED .. we still have a few requirements from members like posting and showing up.. i think those are very minimal and should be expected if people want to be in clan...

Promotions of Rank will be based on seniority. Those who take on responsibilities will be promoted faster then those who don't. No one is required to take on anything. If you take something on and then change your mind, no worries as long as

you let someone know. Blowing off responsibilities will keep you from being able to take on new ones in the future and may

lead to drive by paintball attacks on your house/car/person.

NON-DUTIED RANKS:

FreshMeat_Small.pngFresh Meat - (30 day / 1month)

Training period. This will consist of the first 30 days. During this time the member will need to register on msg brds and

also show up for atleast one meet night per week to show dedication. As always if you cannot make the meet nights simply

notify the rest of the clan by posting your absence on the msg brds.

CannonFodder_Small.pngCannon Fodder - (31-60 day / 2months)

This will be the official first rank w/in the clan. You will gain full access to our msg brd, and we ask that you continue to show for atleast one meet night per week as well as stay active on msg brds.

Grunt_Small.pngGrunt - (61-120 days / 3-4months)

The Second official rank w/in the clan. We ask that you continue to post and show your dedication to the clan, posting on msg brds, showing up for meet nights, reaching out for positive posting on other msg brds. This is also the first rank eligible but not required for "CLAN DUES".

Augmentor_Small.pngAugmentor - (121-180 / 4-6months)

The Third official rank w/in the clan. Upon reaching this status, you will also have an option to be a msg brd moderator keeping the peace on our brds. We would also like to see reaching out to other potential recruits. We ask that you continue to post and show your dedication to the clan, posting on msg brds, showing up for meet nights, reaching out for positive posting on other msg brds. Augmentor Rank is eligible but not required for "CLAN DUES".

Magnus_Small.pngMagnus - (181-365 /6-12months)

The Final official non-dutied rank w/in the clan. This will be the final rank w/o duties. Beyond this rank you will need to be promoted by 503 Dutied officers. This rank only requires you to show for minimum of one meet per week as well as keep a presence on our msg brds. We hope by now you are looking for new potential members, new possible tourneys, and new allys. Magnus Rank is eligible but not required for "CLAN DUES". After your 1 year mark passes you will be eligible for a dutied rank below.

DUTIED RANKS: (Can be no more then 12 dutied officers at any given time)

Private_Small.pngPrivate - (365-545 1yr-1.5yr) ONLY 5 AT ANY GIVEN TIME

This rank is the First of the Dutied Ranks. As a PRIVATE you will be expected to make all meets unless you notify the "clan" on our msg brd. You will also be responsible for maintaining a good attitude and help keep lower ranked members in order, this must be done w/ respect. You will still have access to being a msg brd moderator but also a chance to contribute somthing from the list. (see msgbrd list for active things that need done)

Captain_Small.pngCaptain - (546-730 / 1.5-2yrs) ONLY 3 AT ANY GIVEN TIME

The Second Dutied Rank, as a Captain you will be expected to make all meets unless you notify the "clan" on our msg brd. You will also be REQUIRED to maintain a great attitude, and keep all lower ranked members order, this must be done w/ respect. You will still have access to being a msg brd moderator but also a chance to contribute somthing from the list. (see msgbrd list for active things that need done) Beyond this, you will also have access to the 503 ADMIN section where we need you to pay close attention to the posts, for it will determine the outcome of 503s future plans or current status.

CoLeader_Small.pngCo-Leader - (2+ years) ONLY 3 AT ANY GIVEN TIME

The Third Dutied Rank, as a Co-Leader you are expected to follow all above ranks, as well as contribute anything new that has been overlooked. You will also be REQUIRED to maintain a great attitude, and keep all lower ranked members order, this must be done w/ respect. You will still have access to being a msg brd moderator but also a chance to contribute somthing from the list. (see msgbrd list for active things that need done) Beyond this, you will also have access to the 503 ADMIN section where we need you to pay close attention to the posts, for it will determine the outcome of 503s future plans or urrent status.

Leader_Small.pngLeader - (N/A) ONLY 1 AT ANY GIVEN TIME

As leader, i will make sure that all ranks and rules are being followed and make sure that all members are getting a fair equal chance. I will make sure that our website stays current, continue to make new allys, keep us actively involved in some sort of tournament activites, or some sort of goal oriented game play. Most importantaly, keep you all included in the future moves of 503.

LIST OF 503 JOBS:

1. Ally Recruiting: This person will actively seek out new allied clans for us to war against. Responsibilities include attempting to set up wars, maintaining an active presence on ally message boards (once a week should be fine) and never being satisfied with the number of allies we have. He should also maintain a running list of our allies somewhere, preferably in the 503 only section)

2. New Member Recruiting: This person will actively seek out new members. He should be sociable and able to communicate

well with people. Responsibilities include asking potential recruits if they?d like to join, being up to speed on 503s plans for the immediate future (things like upcoming tourneys, games we?ll be moving in to), as well as following up with potential recruits in a non-pressure sort of way.

3. Forum Moderator: This person should have a stable internet connection and be able to check the message boards at least 4 times a week. Responsibilities include stopping D-Dub from starting flame wars, contributing to discussions.

4. Current Events Coordinator: This person should know how to use google and be interested in/willing to learn about new games for the PS3 and new opportunities for 503 to compete in any game we?re active in. Responsibilities include finding new tourneys, checking out new games, keeping the clan updated on the new tourneys and games via the message board. (Note: once a new game or tourney has been found, the admins will make the final call as to what we end up doing and who is responsible for what, like a tourney liason. This is purely an investigative position).

5. Party Planner: This person will organize 503 get togethers. Responsibilities include finding a location, putting

together a guest list, coordinating things like who is bringing what. 4 get togethers a year would be ideal.

6. Media Managers: This group will maintain 503s media library. Responsibilities include adding content, making the clan aware of new content via the message board (a weekly update post should do it) helping people get access to the files and making/finding links to tutorials.

7. Graphics Designer: This person will make custom message board sigs for clan members and assist Brian as time is available. Responsibilities include keeping people updated on the progress of various art projects (like a sig for a certain person. If you say you can have it by a certain time but then can?t, you?ve got let people know) taking on art projects as their time allows.

8. Dues Tracker: This person will keep a running tally of who has paid how much in dues, what the bank account is currently at, and keeping track of expenditures. Responsibilities include being able to give out information to Brian or whoever else needs to on the current status of the bank account at any given time, keeping the money a secret (or not, as is determined by Brian), not stealing from 503

wow.

cBs> works like this

1 main leader- me

2 US co-leader

2 EU co-leaders

4 captains all of which are both active on both website and game.

The rest are members, nice and simple. ;D

Captains try people out and MOD the site, leaders make sure everything is in shape take care of inter clan business, clan battles, questioning new recruits and leading in a clan battle.

LOL. Founders don't change for us either. Its just a list of responsibilities and ranks for everyone to understand. Obviously since its multi-platform you have to have more positions etc. But thats just an overview for ranks Junk theres a responsibility page for each rank lol. That its way longer.

KingJunK ]
Chili-Palmer ]

My head hurts looking at it. lol :P

Do you always have to be a ass LoL :P

How is that being an ass..? (or ass hat depending which part of the image you were refering to)

My head really would hurt if i had to deal with all of that. if it works for them or anyone else thats great, but for me it would hurt my head.

CDBS14 ]

wow.

cBs> works like this

1 main leader- me

2 US co-leader

2 EU co-leaders

4 captains all of which are both active on both website and game.

The rest are members' date=' nice and simple. ;D

Captains try people out and MOD the site, leaders make sure everything is in shape take care of inter clan business, clan battles, questioning new recruits and leading in a clan battle.

[/quote']

cBs> does it exactly how we do it.

MaluNYMets ]

King how has your clan run so far?

Everyone has a voice in JyK and everybody plays a part! When there is a problem we solve it as a clan!

Everybody is always on the look out for new peeps to join, but at times I get the feeling that we are a bit unorganized so I was just wondering how other clans work.

I can't invest the time I used to have in JyK where I did EVERYTHING and all guys had to do was show up! Running JyK solo is getting stressful and I can't do it all by myself anymore!!

And another thing that's pissing me off is that we can't hold onto members for shit, but thats all about to change we know the cure for this! I only got like 3 or 4 members who has been with me for the past 2 years

KingJunK ]
MaluNYMets ]

King how has your clan run so far?

Everyone has a voice in JyK and everybody plays a part! When there is a problem we solve it as a clan!

Everybody is always on the look out for new peeps to join' date=' but at times I get the feeling that we are a bit unorganized so I was just wondering how other clans work.

I can't invest the time I used to have in JyK where I did EVERYTHING and all guys had to do was show up! Running JyK solo is getting stressful and I can't do it all by myself anymore!!

And another thing that's pissing me off is that we can't hold onto members for shit, but thats all about to change we know the cure for this! I only got like 3 or 4 members who has been with me for the past 2 years

[/quote']

In otherwords....

We run around like chickens with our heads cut off. :-D

[D*F] officer positions:

I use basic navy ranks.again the clan is only a few weeks old, so there are not currently this many officers in the clan or time requirements, but one day there will be. When in clan wars the officers get first dibs on warring. Its more or less a way to reward loyalty and activity. If you want to be in all the wars, prove to me you deserve it by being active. You don't have to be the best gunner, but you need to be able to hold your own and play smart.

1 Admiral (leader).

4 Captains. These are my 4 squad leaders. they change in and out based on activity and talent level, but remain mostly the same. have to be responsible and a role model for other clan members. Must be active on socom and our clan website. must know all tactics and squad assignments.

8 Commanders (Max). Again this rank is only achieved through activity both on socom and on the website.

10 Lieutenants (Max). Mostly good players that are active on socom, but might not be as active on the website.

• 3 weeks later...

I think too many ranks are bad. I actually think that it's good to have many responsibilities, but not many ranks. When you have too many ranks, you tend to end up repeating yourself with rank description. The only thing that actually describes the different ranks can be how many months you have been in the clan, but you essentially have the same rank just with a diff number.

As far as responsibilities, I think it's better to kind of keep everyone with the same rank, but give them diff responsibilities that way it doesn't become a competition. A few guys for promoting, recruiting, website stuff, etc etc. Everyone will have their own personal job, but have the same rank so that way it's less confusing.

It really depends on how your clan works to determine which type of environment is better for the clan. Sometimes it may be better because there's less stress between leaders if you have more, which might make for a better experience for the clan since they're less pissy. Then again, if you have a leader who knows how to handle any situation, you might not have to deal with bigger conflicts between leaders (which can create a more tense environment). Like I said before, it really depends on the clan as a whole to determine which is best.

In our clan, we thought it would be best to keep ranks to a minimum. We have founders(leaders), senior officers, and members. Senior Officers tend to be given the "responsibilities" role and the founders battle everything out.

Like Red said we have an Army ranking structure. There is the Leader and that is me and I take the majority of the fees it takes to run the site. . I do however have 2 guys that have kept 101st up and running during my long absence and financial strain and they are the Generals (Hog and Bandit). They have the final say in rulings. Then there are the Officers of the clan then the Enlisted which everyone comes in as an Enlisted member. Each group has responsibilities in order to get promoted. It is however harder to move up the Officers ladder than the Enlisted ladder. Basically right now we are running really smooth and myself or the Generals are pretty much hands off like it should be. It has taken a long time to get to where we are and run like this but after a lot of tweaking and changes it is pretty smooth.