*****SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT BY URGENT FURY*****

Dear UF Community....

It has been a very good and very long run that Sniper and I have had here running UF. We remember fondly the day that UF was born, what goals we had set for ourselves to accomplish, and feel content that we met many of those goals.

UF has afforded us the opportunity to meet SO many unique and great individuals who were of the same mind as players as we were creators...to play in an honor-bound tournament arena playing the games online that we love so much with clan members that we love so much.

For about 6 years now we feel like we've catered to the tastes of a lot of great clans through the implementation of a LOT of great ideas we've had here at UF. We feel as if competition in scenario-based tourney gaming had sprung up here and there, but we always kept Urgent Fury at the FOREFRONT of them all. And it is with that satisfaction that we feel we're comfortable in walking away from it all.

Sniper and I are ready to call it quits here at Urgent Fury.

With our real lives getting in the way of things, we know with our current schedules that we cannot continue to give UF the same quality of work and service that we have dedicated to it all these years now. We would be doing UF, our baby, the greatest of disservices if we continued to try and be what we once were. We had a good run and we're content with what we've done.

However...we cannot ignore the number of clans (and the multitudes of players IN those clans) who still depend on UF to supply the type of tourney rarely found online. And with that, we look to the UF community and offer up UF....to you.

We see NO reason why the tourney has to die with us. We see players that have loyally played here in these tourneys for years. We see players that love it as we have loved it. We see players now that help run it as we once ran it. We see, clearly, that there is no short supply of dignity, honor and tradition here in the UF community that which UF could continue to sustain itself. So after talking, Sniper and I proposed an option to one another.

Instead of dismantling it all and sending the clans of UF to the wind, we would hold a SILENT AUCTION for the complete and total control of Urgent Fury and all of its properties. This includes all artwork, all logos, all intellectual properties, all forum and website domain and all control over the FUTURE of this great tournament. The silent auction can be won by one person or it can be won by the congregation of many who feel that they would continue the great direction of Urgent Fury.

For our time, Sniper and I feel comfortable in the reserve minimum bid of $2,500 for any offer made to us. We will not consider offers of anything less. We would transfer all rights and ownership of Urgent Fury to the person(s) with the HIGHEST bid by the last day of July, Friday, July 31st 2009 (please see caveat at bottom). From that day forward, all tournaments, created and still-running, will be at the discretion of the new owners. They are welcome to continue any and all tourneys that UF currently runs or has run, or they can create their entire new canon of tourneys to entertain the masses. All logo and branding rights will be property of the new owners for any merchandising they wish to enact. In short...Urgent Fury will be completely theirs to continue to love as we did.

It's truly with a heavy BUT hopeful heart that Sniper and I make this decision. We simply love UF too much to let it die with us, but at the same time, we also love it entirely too much to see it whither away in our inability to continue to create and run it as we have in the past. This was a difficult decision, but as with all other decisions we've made in our lengthy run, it was a decision made entirely for the benefit of this tourney and its community.

We do hope that Urgent Fury continues to breathe on long after July 31st.

And we sincerely hope that those who find interest in taking on the mantle of UF-owner(s) do so with the same love, dedication and passion that Sniper and I have done so with for the last 6-some years.

Any individual(s) who wish to submit a bid for ownership of Urgent Fury will need to send their confidential and silent bid in a PM to me, Undertow. Your bid will remain undisclosed unless yours is the winning bid, whereas, the amount will be disclosed at the end of the auction for purpose of transparency.

**Please note: we reserve the right to END the bidding before July 31st 2009 if an offer arrives that we are comfortable with, ending any need to prolong the bidding process. So don't sit too long on a solid intention you may have. The community will be made aware if this scenario takes place. We ALSO reserve the right to refuse any bid, no matter the amount, by an individual for any reason we see fit to use.

Yours truly, for Urgent Fury,

Undertow & Sniper

Thank you for the wonderful ride, everyone.

We hope you have enjoyed playing at Urgent Fury thus far as much as we both have in creating it all.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck this!! Don't let the tiny one buy UF!! Nothing will ever be the same now. Thanks for the many years of fun Tow and Sniper. I've had some good times here in the past 3 years. I don't think things will ever be as awesome as what they have been in the past with new owners. :'( :'(

Thank you so much for having this Tourney Site TOW and SNIPER! it has been a pleasure and an honor to play against the Best Clans of Socom. I so wish I had the money to help keep UF Alive, I would be all over it!

Is there any way you can add Google Ads/ Game Stop Ads/ Game Fly Ads and Merchandise (TShirts) to the site?

Can we pay a small amount via Paypal for participate on the Forums?

Can we get 10-15 Clans together and buy UF together?

This would so get your 2500 and a monthly income!

I would volunteer up to 8-12 hours a week helping UF carry on!

Thanks again TOW and SNIPER and all the UF Staff, you have been super duper!

UF has taught F\F to play Socom as a Team! The way it was always meant to be played!

PS - I so want a UF T-SHIRT!

Thanks again guys and gals, you will be missed.

I'm proud to say that I'm one of the few who had the privilege of working within the confines of UF. It was a blast to have done so, and I'm very fond of the memories I'll carry with me from those days.

Sniper & Tow: Thanks for all the hard work you fella's put into creating and maintaining this community. I know I've had countless hours of free entertainment because you guys chose to make it happen at a level unlike any of the competition. I'm sorry to see the golden era end, to say your leadership around here will be missed is a giant understatement.

Best of luck to you both in your future ventures.

Well, I only had the chance to participate in a few CoD4 tournies, but they were all great and fun to play in. Thank you very much for all the work you guys put in and for all the great tournies we got to play in. Best of luck to you guys.

Now lets just hope the new owners will continue to put in the great work you guys did.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

MaluNYMets ]

I really hope someone purchases who is actually from UF and not an outsider. I think it would really suck if its some arrogant prick who purchases it and ruins what we have as a community together.

Exactly, I don't belong here. Even if I bought it, I would probably wreck it for everyone and that would be a shame.

EternalFury ]

I would bid, but I don't believe your community would follow anyone else.

I think your wrong in this. This is a GREAT community. The community will follow IF hard work and caring about the community continues. If everything changes and goes to shit... Well then I think your right.

z-Prime-z ]
EternalFury ]

I would bid, but I don't believe your community would follow anyone else.

I think your wrong in this. This is a GREAT community. The community will follow IF hard work and caring about the community continues. If everything changes and goes to shit... Well then I think your right.

i agree.. it doesn't matter who is the new owner as long as it does a good job. we prefer to follow someones than UF shutting down.. but in a in your face kind of way.. if you're a dick ,lazy,retarded or a retarded lazy dick then NO!

i believe that cow, wonka and my self should split it up to be the next UF owners ;D.... ohhh imagine the madness.. yeah but no.. dont have enough money :'( :'(

Well I would like to take this time to thank you for letting me join in this tournament from Killafrisco to Neoblackhound from back to when I was a leader of ThizZ to my new home in DK I wouldn't be the same player and most likely would have given up on competitive gaming all around if I wasn't here. In this short year or so I have played some great clans and played some great opponents with that I thank you for putting your time and effort into this tournament. Good luck with whatever you do.

UF Black on CA as SÇK

2 Cod4 crucibles as ThizZ

UF Tac-Map on Confrontation as <+>

UF Black on Confrontation as <+>

Thank you for this great competition.

Now please make sure Havoc doesn't appear with his little wang of doom.