*****SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT BY URGENT FURY*****

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts echo everyone else's WOW, just WOW! That's some crazy, head-trippin' stuff right there!

Sniper, Undertow, you guys have built a GREAT community here. I haven't even gamed in 3-4 months, but I am on this site daily to keep in touch with the gaming "world". Hate to see you guys go. Not sure how badly y'all want out of this whole thing, but I really like the ideas of ads and such to help this site make some money and then having staff run this thing. I know ultimately this all would be your burden to bear if someone didn't do their job and maybe that responsibility is exactly what you cannot continue to carry.

But then again, if someone else does become the new owners, well then, I trust you two will use your discretion in choosing new owners.

Good luck with it all, guys.

• Directors

My first thought is I hate to see this happen, but I know where you are coming from... I have spent the last 5 years building my business and now I am starting to groom it to be taken over as well... Being a business has tought me life lessons that are unbelievable.

I wish you guys the best of luck and no matter the outcome I would like you to still remain a part of the community.

I would hope that whoever receives control of Urgent Fury decides to continue building on the foundation that has already been laid...

This is not your normal GameBattles community and should not be compared by any means...

For those clans that have been here since the begining, I would request that like ours, will support the ownership 100% so that this community becomes an even larger community with respect and honor not only from clans but Sony and Microsoft as well.

Wow i was actaully shocked when i first got the email, i cant belive it, Urgent fury was the most competitive and most respectable, Socom Tournament site there is and probobly will ever be,I am proud i was a part of this great community and had my chance to participate, Thanks for all you ahve doen Sniper and Undertown its well appreciated man

I'm just wondering. What happens if there aren't any adequate offers? Will you extend the Auction? Very bad timing on this for me to offer anything. I would really like to see UF going, even if we all had to pitch something into it. Getting proper people to help keep things running would not be soo hard. We have excellent Graphics designers and people to help keep this going. The 'flash' creations, are what would suffer greatly though. THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE HELP THAT YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO 'ME PERSONALLY', as well as what you have helped me on regarding [sCK]'s graphics and our Website. It's a shame, that we all have to grow up sometime... :'(

Wow thats a crazy announcement. Im sure everyone thought it was going to be the next best tourney about to start.

You guys put together a great tourney and a even better Community to go with it. i hope the traditions will continue in the future with the new owners.

Enjoy your new found freedom!! HAHA

DI

Well I must say that was rather big news indeed.. and I for one didn’t see it coming. Although I understand totally the reasons and or circumstances It has been a really great run and both Undertow and Sniper have done a huge amount of work as well as given the community of UF a large amount of their time and effort.

For myself I want to thank you both, being a member of this community, a representative of my clan and then a member of the staff has been both a pleasure and a honor. I’ve seen Urgent Fury grow from its humble beginnings to a strong and viable haven for honorable players and clans to engage in respectable fair play in the online shooter gaming genre. The first rate quality of its offerings and the first class service this site has demonstrated is second to none. The friendships I’ve gained with what I would classify as the best of the best in concerns to community members of the genre of gaming UF caters to has been well worth the effort and I feel it is in itself a reward that gives me a great deal of contentment for having been a part of it.

Whatever the future holds for Urgent Fury and its community of members and regardless of my continuation or not as a part of it I would like to express my gratitude to every single member here and the comradeship I gained by my membership in this fine community.

For the creators of Urgent Fury, Undertow and Sniper. You have my deepest appreciations and considerations as well as my sincere gratitude for being a part of such an honorable endeavor.

UF was my first real online gaming Tourny experience with my clan and I am greatful for all the hard work u guys and supporting cast put into it.

I've never had such a great time with a bunch of great clans in the UF gaming community!

Thx! and I hope u guys get more than your asking for.

Adios amigos

I think as long as whoever buys it is someone from this community and not an outsider the tournament site will continue to thrive unlike others. I know personally if an outsider came especially someone from another tourney or something I wouldn't be too thrilled. They don't know who we are or what we are.

I haven't played a UF tourney since SOCOM CA (Black and UF 1 or 2), but they were great times and intense battles on a great game. Thanks for the time and efforts you guys put into the UF series.

Hopefully someone proper picks it up and carries the torch--although I did hear a rumor that Slant Six was looking for an existing tourney to incorporate with Patch 1.5 and their ladder systems, so beware ;D

Just kidding :P Take care dudes.

Tool_Minion ]

We want the same thing as everyone else, for UF to have a seamless transfer, and continue along the path Sniper and Tow have put it on.

I'm with the above here.

Tow and Sniper I can't thank you enough for what you brought us all here. This will always be by far the best tourney site I have and ever will play in.