SOCOM Home Space coming June 18th

I don't know if anyone uses Home here but they're coming out with a SOCOM Space tomorrow, I think it could be pretty cool.

This space is the first installment of a two-part SOCOM Home hub (the second highly interactive space – OPFOR – will follow the TOC shortly) that is the ideal 3D locale for the huge SOCOM community to meet up and socialize. At this new SOCOM strategy post, you will be able to plot the next course of action with your friends by gathering around the Telestrator tool and coordinating your next assault. Chock full of maps and modes from SOCOM: Confrontation, the Telestrator is a powerful tool that the Home community can use to collaborate, strategize, and enhance their gameplay experience.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/06/17/coming-to-playstation-home-new-socom-space-ghostbusters-apartment-ea-sports-complex-update-more/

simihi ]

I don't know if anyone uses Home here but they're coming out with a SOCOM Space tomorrow, I think it could be pretty cool.

This space is the first installment of a two-part SOCOM Home hub (the second highly interactive space – OPFOR – will follow the TOC shortly) that is the ideal 3D locale for the huge SOCOM community to meet up and socialize. At this new SOCOM strategy post, you will be able to plot the next course of action with your friends by gathering around the Telestrator tool and coordinating your next assault. Chock full of maps and modes from SOCOM: Confrontation, the Telestrator is a powerful tool that the Home community can use to collaborate, strategize, and enhance their gameplay experience.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/06/17/coming-to-playstation-home-new-socom-space-ghostbusters-apartment-ea-sports-complex-update-more/

The thing that keeps coming to mind here. Does the space come with the same problem socom has? or maybe they can make that strategy post factor in lag. How sweet could that be?

:P :P :P

Long time coming. The problem as already noted is the game is totally worthless currently. A month or so ago I actually completely deleted it from my PS3. A sad day but I needed the space and the game is garbage. 1.50 MAY get me to come out of retirement but even then that being released is like waiting for Gran Turismo 10. I used to defend the game. It just took me a little while to see things with the blinders off.

Killzone 2 > *

YEA BOI!

Guest CplKoontz

well at least they are giving us a place to hang out, that way when we get pissed from being booted from the game so many freaking times, we can go hangout and talk about how great the unfisnished game is:)

OK so you probably have to buy the Socom Home thing. I wonder if there's going to be more then one choice. But still lets say one of you get it. So how is that my Home?

And Home I deleted once and the thing showed back up. It's like a turd that won't flush.

It's not going to be like a house but more like the mall or the bowling alley. Everyone can go into that room that comes on home but I'm sure there will end up being something you can buy from it there always is.

Home and socom are the perfect match-

1. Both had such promise and fan base until... well they released shit half done.

2. Both are fun to mess around with friends on... a few times then the bugs and un finished content gets old.

3. Both are HUGE hard drive hoging waste of space.. But as I do with all socom- I will continue to check em out.

What's up fellow UF'ers... I was in it today. It's modeled after Urban Wasteland. It's kind of cool (only if you understand HOME)... They have a TacMap editor you can go over tactics with you clan if you have something new to show them. HOME is getting a little more useful month by month. As soon as it gets out of Beta and we can launch into game from there, it will be a lot better.

Side note: They also have picture frames you can get now. Can't wait till video streaming is possible from your club house. That would be very useful to clans IMO. I put our clan logo in one in my apartment... kind of cool.

Ok, let the flaming begin. :)

For those of you that know how to use home- Answer me this:

When club houses became available i bough one (with real money lmao) and named the club +30. Ever since I get about 2-3 messages (a day) when I log on my name in the PSN. All they say is "application to join +30". Some are in english, some french, spanish, others I have no fuckn idea... How do I turn that shit off? these people dont even know wtf socom is. lol

Tried it out, it could be really cool and usefull except there is no way to make it private. You could really use it to come up with planning and stuff but any jack passing by can also mess with your plan by adding icons and such. Hopefully since Home is still in beta they will listen to the community feedback and change it. Just simply only allow the first person on the Telestrator to use it. I also think activity in the space will lessen after a few weeks, everyone usually checks out new spaces. It would also be good to only allow people with SOCOM to use the Telestrator, that would get rid of a bunch of people.

simihi ]

Tried it out, it could be really cool and usefull except there is no way to make it private. You could really use it to come up with planning and stuff but any jack passing by can also mess with your plan by adding icons and such. Hopefully since Home is still in beta they will listen to the community feedback and change it. Just simply only allow the first person on the Telestrator to use it. I also think activity in the space will lessen after a few weeks, everyone usually checks out new spaces. It would also be good to only allow people with SOCOM to use the Telestrator, that would get rid of a bunch of people.

Actually there's a way to lock them out. I figured it out. If you press square it brings up the main menu on the right. Scroll all the way down to the last tab and it says "begin presentation"... up at the top of the board it will say, "you are the presenter"... now you are the only one that can mess with the board. The problem I see, is the mics still don't work openly. So you could call one guy on the PSN phone... and you'd hear him but the rest of the clan won't be able to hear you. So it's still once again lacking.

I'm curious to see what the second half of this will be. I think they will start offering theme clubhouses. And I think we will be able to either buy or if you own one already, change the theme of the club house. That would make sense. Once again, we'll have to WAIT and see. lol But hey, things are starting to trickle out. We are getting a glimpse of things to come. I think it's cool.