JUST. DAMN. SCARY...

silencer-_ ]
HippieChik ]
silencer-_ ]

Personally I find the bible full of nonsense so this doesn't scare me.

This statement makes me sad.

Why does it make you sad? I didn't say the bible has no positive aspects to it I just think there are many moral falsehoods that outweigh the positves. Regardless if your intersted in why i'll have to pm it to you because this section is unrelated.

I don't want to go off topic here either and turn this into a religious debate. I believe in the Bible and what it teaches and it makes me sad for the souls of people who don't. I know that there are so many people who believe as you and Irish do, but I don't often hear it and so when I do, it physically pains me to know that there are people in this world who don't know the love of Christ.

Ok, see, I don't really want to turn this into preaching hour! And it's happening, so I have to stop typing right now!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzYoWUPfDk

I'll tell you what's sad HippieChick... is that so many people believe and take it for FACT what the bible says instead of living their life in a manner to help our planet. That's what is sad.

It's called FAITH. And I didn't know that you couldn't live your life in accordance with Biblical teachings and in a manner to help the planet at the same time? I do. I'm definitely no saint. I have many, many flaws and screw up all the time, but I do try to live my life in the way that God would have me live it and at the same time, I do what I can to "help our planet" as you put it. Maybe I'm reading your statement differently than you intended for it to come across. ???

Anyways, you know, when I hear about things like this microchip, I try not to put too much stock into it. I think that "taking the sign of the beast" won't be something that you can be tricked into. You will know and choose that path willingly. I think as long as I am living as I am supposed to be living, then I'm not going to worry about all that other stuff.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tool_Minion ]

...It is our life experiences that make us who we are. With every new technology, we seem to risk giving up personal freedom, and THAT is the only sad part to me.

Fuck a chip.

With more and more use of technology, we 'are' giving up personal freedom in many ways. When we have to grab a calculator to find out simple solutions instead of using our brain, we are giving into 'dependance', to technology. This is just a small scale of how our freedom is constantly compromised 'little by little'. It's like a frog when it's being cooked. If you dropped him into a pot of boiling water, he would attempt to escape. How do we trick 'em? By slowly boiling the water from room temperature ~ The frog never notices the 'change in temp'...so the fucker just sits there until he's cooked.

My college teachers would not allow us to use calculators, because they said it deadens the brain from it's own unigues capabilities to compute. Not saying that we don't need calculators, but you must admit that when it comes to simple math...we are soo quick to grab one! I agree that technology is helpful, but look at the cost we will be paying down the line!

Joe Rogan (Fear Factor, MMA commentator, Comedian), made a skit what things would be like if 'ever' we lost our technology:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8928413583604160765 (begin @36:03min)

...'that idea', scares the shit out of me. When we have a power blackout, I panic because 'I cant open the fridge too much', 'all the clocks in the house have to be reset', 'the tv is not playing for me to hear any news information', 'internet is down', and if it is at night....(well, I hate to mention 'that' one! ~ lmao)

Well, from what I've heard and seen on TV it will have all your info health wise on it... so if you go into an emergency room anywhere in the country, all your info would be there for the doctor to dwl quickly. Other then that, I don't know? I do believe we will see some trippy shit in the near future. Some stuff for you eyes inplants for your brain which will act as an onboard computer. It's just that we don't understand it yet that makes this all scary.

I can imagine they were saying the exact same thing when computers started showing themselves on the horizon back in the 50's. Now almost everyone of us has one in our living space. LOL ;)

IRISH BULL ]
HippieChik ]
silencer-_ ]

Personally I find the bible full of nonsense so this doesn't scare me.

This statement makes me sad.

I'm with silencer-, I agree that the bible is full of nonsense. I also don't believe in organized religion, so this doesn't really bother me either. Sorry, it doesn't. Sounds like a lot of conspiracy theories.

2x sorry. :-\

The Media add a lot to these stories and then rumors start flying around. I am sure they are really meant to be placed in like Sex Offenders, Terrorists etc. They might even put them into the elderly or maybe even military. Thus the medical uses. Also they were probably talking about the right hand for the Terrorists and middle east cause they wipe there ass with the left and the they cut there left hands off when the do really bad things. Leads me to believe it's meant for criminals.

They just take the true story and muck it up so you'll read and it gets passed around like now. We just got spammed. Solution stop reading or watching the news and see how much happier you are.

THANK YOU WARPIG,goodness I think your the only one that actually knew what it did. So its medical chip ok I can see the usefulness in it. I just find it funny that people try to link the stupid shit to religion omg it goes on your right hand or head or whatever thats huge ::) it must be the mark of the beast come on really just think about it.

I personally think technology and science is extremely beneficial to mankind. You really have to think what we would be like without technology. And I'm not talking about I-Pod's, MP3 players and DVR's...etc

If this chip is used for medical purposes, and essentially could save my life or the life of someone I love, then I say "Here is my right hand, insert away! And while your at it, here is my daughter's hand...give her one too."

People right now, this day are walking around with machines and technology inside of their body. Its the future, get used to it.

HippieChik ]

Solution stop reading or watching the news and see how much happier you are.

Ignorance is definitely bliss!

I'd rather be ignorant then have to read blogs like that all day. They'll have people jumping off bridges and drinking the cool aid.

That's what I'm saying! Ignorance is bliss. I get so stressed out when I watch too much news. I'd really rather live with my head in the sand.

It's NOT WHAT THEY SAY IT'S FOR, but rather WHAT THEY DON'T TELL YOU THAT IT WILL 'ALSO' DO! ~ lol That is the scarey part. What if the Police and Government start saying, 'Why not just access the Medical Chip and locate the guy/girl who is wanted for questioning', and etc. I'm not going to make a bunch of 'what-ifs', but it's like the 'Trojan Horse' effect that is scarey.

For years, I've tried to keep myself 'out of the system' by not getting into trouble so that I'm not ever booked or fingerprinted. I got framed (he fits the discription...), and so I'm in there now. 'This', is just another way to get us catagorized and I don't like it one bit.

...And the chip is already in your body 'before' you know all of it's implications! Scarey, scarey...SCAREY. If you all want to be 'potential' Manchurian Candidates...go right ahead! lmao

Guest CplKoontz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzYoWUPfDk

This has been debunked and is nothing but garbage scare tactics. I'll tell you what's sad HippieChick... is that so many people believe and take it for FACT what the bible says instead of living their life in a manner to help our planet. That's what is sad. The people who believe that revelations nonsense are the one's who are going to actually "make it happen". That's, JUST. DAMN. SCARY....

Konntz, with all due respect, you are way off man. You sound a bit like the 911 conspiracies. lol The world is not coming to an end man. Don't worry man... Everything' gonna be alright.

I dont want to start a debate on 9-11, but when a bunch of firefighters come on the radio saying there are bombs and detenation going off on the floors below where the plane crashed, most of them having 20 years experiance..

sorry but our goverment isnt giving us the full story on 9-11... I believe it was orchastartated somehow by our goverment so we could get the peoples backing to go into iraq.

Thats what i believe...

I can be way off base, that fine if you believe that sir:) but i believe what i believe

COWonCRACK ]
silencer-_ ]

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/m/mondex.htm

I never knew the number 666 was under debate war pig but thanks for being a voice of reason.

dont believe everything you read on the internet. something like that is years and years away. chances are i will probably be dead.

Something like the apocalypse is years away because a chip is marking the end of the world. Um OK, or are you saying that something like a tracking chip will be inserted into civilians by force or by ridiculous measures. In normal cases this would violate our right to be secure in our persons and unwarranted seizures as guaranteed by our fourth amendment. Edit: Perhaps you are saying the technology isn't here but it is see below. Anyways feel free to clarify.

Doing a little research there are some interesting uses for the RFID or Radio Frequency Identification. For one, they could be used for quick access to medical information in an emergency. Apparently for emergency purposes there is an 80 % approval rating as opposed to the roughly 33% percent according to Scott Silverman, CEO of Applied Digital. (Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163983,00.html) A potential problem however, is that the chip might be able to be intercepted by third party scanners perhaps altering the chip for malicious uses. I'm just guessing here, but I think its more likely that the scan will be used mainly for advertisement purposes similar to what spyware does to your computer.

The chip has also been used in a school in Doncaster, England and in schools across Japan. Usually the chip is inserted the school uniforms monitoring their location. Personally this could help schools but I feel it is a moral infringement on a students privacy. It also leads me to wonder about the "unlawful alien combatants" who have been stripped Habeas corpus right (due process) allowing them to be held indefinitely under the Military Commissions act. With the Closing and release of Gitmo its possible for there to be a push for this monitoring device. Especially since if they didn't have a problem with the United States before... they do now.

silencer-_ ]
COWonCRACK ]
silencer-_ ]

I never knew the number 666 was under debate war pig but thanks for being a voice of reason.

dont believe everything you read on the internet. something like that is years and years away. chances are i will probably be dead.

Something like the apocalypse is years away because a chip is marking the end of the world. Um OK, or are you saying that something like a tracking chip will be inserted into civilians by force or by ridiculous measures. In normal cases this would violate our right to be secure in our persons and unwarranted seizures as guaranteed by our fourth amendment. Edit: Perhaps you are saying the technology isn't here but it is see below. Anyways feel free to clarify.

Doing a little research there are some interesting uses for the RFID or Radio Frequency Identification. For one, they could be used for quick access to medical information in an emergency. Apparently for emergency purposes there is an 80 % approval rating as opposed to the roughly 33% percent according to Scott Silverman, CEO of Applied Digital. (Source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163983,00.html) A potential problem however, is that the chip might be able to be intercepted by third party scanners perhaps altering the chip for malicious uses. I'm just guessing here, but I think its more likely that the scan will be used mainly for advertisement purposes similar to what spyware does to your computer.

The chip has also been used in a school in Doncaster, England and in schools across Japan. Usually the chip is inserted the school uniforms monitoring their location. Personally this could help schools but I feel it is a moral infringement on a students privacy. It also leads me to wonder about the "unlawful alien combatants" who have been stripped Habeas corpus right (due process) allowing them to be held indefinitely under the Military Commissions act. With the Closing and release of Gitmo its possible for there to be a push for this monitoring device. Especially since if they didn't have a problem with the United States before... they do now.

fear mongering. lol, rfid is a short range chip, like it says it only reaches out a few meters, its not really possible to track someone that way? what there talking about by "intercepted" is a handheld device that a person uses in very close proximity to the person, yes there are plenty of security issues which is exactly why its not exactly feasable right now for it to be used in such a way until a better more secure medium is found that can be trusted to store our VERY person info, the most practical use for it they have been thinkin is for passports and such, i just went through my a+ class and weve been discussing stuff like this all semester, do you really think that this little thing is the end of the world? i highly doubt it there is any real possibility that it is the "apocolypse" or that the government would force it upon us. i cant believe everyone is taking this so seriously.

CritiKiL ]

...'that idea', scares the shit out of me. When we have a power blackout, I panic because 'I cant open the fridge too much', 'all the clocks in the house have to be reset', 'the tv is not playing for me to hear any news information', 'internet is down', and if it is at night....(well, I hate to mention 'that' one! ~ lmao)

spend a little more time outdoors with good ol mother nature man, and you will learn how to live without technology which is a great feeling. power outs are nice. a great break to light a few candles and read a book.

COWonCRACK ]
silencer-_ ]
COWonCRACK ]
silencer-_ ]

fear mongering. lol, rfid is a short range chip, like it says it only reaches out a few meters, its not really possible to track someone that way? what there talking about by "intercepted" is a handheld device that a person uses in very close proximity to the person, yes there are plenty of security issues which is exactly why its not exactly feasable right now for it to be used in such a way until a better more secure medium is found that can be trusted to store our VERY person info, the most practical use for it they have been thinkin is for passports and such, i just went through my a+ class and weve been discussing stuff like this all semester, do you really think that this little thing is the end of the world? i highly doubt it there is any real possibility that it is the "apocolypse" or that the government would force it upon us. i cant believe everyone is taking this so seriously.

Clearly you know more than I do. But I think we are having a misunderstanding, I don't think that this is the end of the world lmao. And I'm not sure how I came off that way. But again I don't believe in the bible and therefore the apocalypse that comes with it.