New MAG Trailer/Interview

I don't understand how this game is going to work. Is Sony going to put up servers JUST for this game or what? If we can't play a game of Socom or a game of any Sport with out lag and that's a lot less people then this game how is that going to work?

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

SnowBud ]

lol I'm still undecided. I would at least like to beta it and check it out. Not a fan of FPS though. Not sure why Zipper wouldn't even give the option for TPS' date=' makes me think their going right after the COD fans.

[/quote']

LOL... That's what kills this game for me. I'm a TPS through and through. I hate FPS, especially respawn hell, which is what this reminds me of. Another COD4. :-\

I think I will be able to deal with the whole FPS. I didn't mind it on CoD4. My problem with these games is the respawn. I just can't get into games that let players run out over and over again.

If you die you need to sit until the next round. That is why I'm drawn to Socom. That is one of the things about Socom that keeps me coming back. If I make a mistake on Socom I know have to figure it out what I did and either change it or I will be watching others playing again.

So for me respawn is the part I will hate. :P

SnowBud ]

Good questions' date=' I think dedicated servers is the only way, sort of like Warhawk. But I don't think Zipper has mentioned anything about it. And I'm with you, if they couldn't make an 8v8 or 16v16 not lag how in the hell does 128v128 work lol.

[/quote']

I didn't look at every video again, but yes it will have dedicated servers. There are more, not just Gametrailers. I know the head guy from Zipper mentioned that. Also, there will be a beta this summer.

And unless every video game news site or magazine is in Zipper's back pocket, I haven't read one bad review from reporters that have played it.

Guest CplKoontz
IRISH BULL ]
SnowBud ]

Good questions' date=' I think dedicated servers is the only way, sort of like Warhawk. But I don't think Zipper has mentioned anything about it. And I'm with you, if they couldn't make an 8v8 or 16v16 not lag how in the hell does 128v128 work lol.

[/quote']

I didn't look at every video again, but yes it will have dedicated servers. There are more, not just Gametrailers. I know the head guy from Zipper mentioned that. Also, there will be a beta this summer.

And unless every video game news site or magazine is in Zipper's back pocket, I haven't read one bad review from reporters that have played it.

agreed, every review I have read, has gave this game awsome reviews...... I am not a huge fan of fps, but I hate respawn....

i will try and get into the beta to check it out, guess we will see....IMO it wont top socom, but may be worth playing when I am bored.